Funding Resource / Fraud

Comany billing for services never rendered - absolutely nothing. Have multiple charges on account that aren't even one month apart. How do I contact this company, stop the charges and file a complaint?
Help!!

Me

Comments

• He
      14th of Jul, 2008

I too was scammed by Funding Resource Center. I started to fill out the order for the Cd for $2.95 but never submitted the order when I read their service agreement which was going to charge me $50 a month. They still charged my credit card for $3 and then for $50 three days later. When I called to complain they told me it was non refundable and I never even received the CD!

• As
      7th of Jan, 2010

My mother (senior citizen) was contacted by this company, Funding Resource Center. They wanted her to agree to upfront charges ranging from $1, 000 - $12, 000 to write grant proposals. They claim the money would be refunded if the grant was not received. They called her approximately 20 times, and when she refused to agree to the charges the lady became irate. Please warn your friends and family ablut this scam.

• Wa
      25th of Jun, 2010

I had gotten a response after I filled out my application on their web site that I was qualified for GRANT FUNDING. They had said that because I qualified for so much that they would need $5, 995 upfront! I told them that there was no way I'm gonna pay someone six thousand dollars to do what, maybe get me a grant? a representative there, James, said that if I was willing to go for less money they would drop the fee to $3, 000. My tax return covered the 3 grand so I went for it. This was last year, in 2009. I can't believe that they screwed me like this! How do these people sleep at night! They also said that there was a four month window where if I did not get any grant money that they would give me a full refund. What a crock...They told me that because they had preformed so much "work" that it would be impossible to give me a refund with how hard they tried to get me money. So you know what I did, I went to file a complaint with the BBB www.southernnevada.bbb.org/bbb_rated_acc_rpt.asp?bbbid=80576&tr=rated&lg=B%2B&ex=26
    They offered me less than a hundred bucks to try and shut me up and the BBB says that the complaint is closed on "Good Faith Effort" I have since talked to my lawyer and he is in contact with the FCC, and FBI. He says that we got some hits on the Sin City scammers. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. Their FUNDING DIRECTOR, Todd Christian comes back under a google search having worked for Small Business Funding Company, what a scam that place was. I wish that I had known who worked for Funding Resource Network before I did any business with them, that would have beena big red flag..Take your money and burn it instead, at least you will watch it burn and not just disappear!

• Pe
      5th of Aug, 2010

Dr. Roskelly, would you please give an update on your situation? Did you try to get your money back?

• De
      11th of Aug, 2010

They tried the same with my husband and I. They call us continuously, even after we have told them no. It seemed like a scam to me and I told them so They have an answer for everything. How do people continue to fraud people like this?

• Rr
      12th of Oct, 2010

Theses allegations are totally erroneous. Please do contact the IRS agent in question. The more calls he gets the madder he is about the lies DR. Roskelly is spreading.

• Rr
      12th of Oct, 2010

All the complaints listed with the BBB are actually investigated. Most of the complaints on the blogs were generated by DR. Roskelly & his personal acquantances. ANY real complaint is listed with the BBB & Investigated. PERIOD.

• Al
      17th of Nov, 2010

i am aou o ie hem 3 and he says they can get me over a hundred thousand what should i do his name is joshua graham

• Al
      17th of Nov, 2010

i am about to invest 3 grand what do i do

26th of Jan, 2011

Yes, this company certainly seems to be scammers. I signed my business up with them for grant writing on Dec 21. They were really putting the pressure on to get in before the year end. That should have alerted me. According to the contract, I can only get a refund if I returned the completed company profile they sent within 2 weeks, and if they fail to produce a letter of intent for me to submit to non-profits. The profile they sent was a PDF that was blocked from user fill-in. I asked Richard several times to change the settings on the PDF file to allow me to fill it in. I do not own a typewriter and did not wish to return an unprofessional-looking hand-written document to them. He re-sent the file a few more times, but it was still blocked. He said his tech person was out of the office for the holidays and Richard did not know how to change the document. I finally got frustrated and spent a HUGE amount of time transfering their PDF into another program, filling it in, and re-formatting it. For what I paid them, I should certainly not have had to go through that. As a result of this nonsense, it was 3 weeks before I returned the profile.
    Now they have returned a "letter of intent" for my approval, which proves that they are not "smarter than a 5th grader". Most of the letter, intended to be sent to a non-profit, is touting the benefits of a non-profit giving money away. Don't they think non-profits already know that? The grammar in the letter looks like something an elementary student would write. One run-on sentence actually contains 65 words!
    In completing the company profile for them, I answered the same few questions posed several different ways about what we want the grant money for, and how we will use it. Yet they missed the point and mis-stated our intentions in the LOI.
    I would not mind correcting them on these points, but I certainly did not pay them $3, 000 so I can correct their writing errors.
    When I called today to express my dissatisfaction and ask for a refund before this goes any further, Richard assured me that he does not care if the customer is satisfied or not - he will certainly not refund a penny. He was talking over me the whole time instead of listening, and finally hung up on me.
    IF FUNDING RESOURCES NETWORK OF NEVADA CALLS YOU, HANG UP!!! THEY PRACTICE DISHONEST BUSINESS AND DO NOT CARE ANYTHING ABOUT THE QUALITY OF PRODUCT THEY DELIVER.

9th of Mar, 2011

The saga continues: FRN finally delivered a letter of intent, which I pretty much wrote with all of the corrections I had to make to their letters. The letters are all addressed to non-profit and foundations, even tho I asked them to find for-profit businesses which might be a good fit with my for-profit business. Three months later, they have still not generated any letters to the for-profits I asked them to. Just checked my mail, and one of the letters I did mail out was returned as "undeliverable". They will not even take the time to research the correct addresses for the foundations to whom they generate letters of interest.
    Just more proof to me: In my opinion, Funding Resource Network of Nevada is nothing but a SCAM. I WOULD NOT SPEND A DIME WITH THEM if I had it to do over.

• Un
      29th of Feb, 2012

We should all get together and try to get this owner put in jail for fraud, I am in, is anybody else?

• Ha
      2nd of Feb, 2013

I, too, am one of the majorly scammed fools that trusted this company. I should have done more research, but relied on the BBB report I received and everything APPEARED to be on the up and up. Last year, I was told I was approved for a $225, 000.00 grant to establish a business and one of the stipulations of the grant was to establish a nonprofit org, which I did. $15, 000 of this grant money was supposed to be placed in account for the nonprofit (never happened). I was assured the money was coming. I had to wire a 6800.00 fee to complete the process (load of crap). Weeks went by and no grant money. All of a sudden they are unreachable and don't exist. I have hardcopies of any and all paperwork, including bank account numbers, which 3 mo ago still existed under another name. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and FBI internet crimes. This so called company is under investigation. I have more paperwork to send to the FBI for investigation on this. No one could beat themselves up more than I have. I had to take out a loan, trusting these people and now I am paying for it. They should be drawn and quartered.

2nd of Feb, 2013

I am certainly "in" if anyone needs my information to preceed with charges against these frauds. Also, I believe the BBB of Nevada is in bed with these guys, and they definately do NOT investigae all claims, as stated above. I can only assume that there are no honest people or businesses in Nevada!