Fun Web Profits / Alternative Funding / Major Scam

1 13799 Park Boulevard North, Seminole, FL, US Review updated:
Phone: 877-402-2666

I received an email promoting a website about a fellow who made money from home by working for Google and his interview was on ABC News. I filled out the form and paid the $1.97 (I thought, oh, it's just a small amount, it's okay). I got an email from "Alternative Funding" who said that after 14 trial days I would be charged 29.95 a month to continue membership. After 5 days of checking into the system and receiving the program in the mail like promised on the website, I called Alternative Funding and cancelled my account. I was questioned as to why I was cancelling and I stated that it was due to unfulfilled promises of the program. I was given a confirmation number from Alternative Funding. I asked if there was anything else I need to do to cancel this program. I was assuredthat no further steps were needed.

I was checking my credit card statement 12 days later and found a charge for $69.97 from FunWebProfits.com. I contacted them via the number that was listed on my statement. I told them that I had cancelled the account. They stated that I had not and that I had only cancelled with Alternative Funding. They stated that Alternative Funding is a "companion company." They state that Alterative Funding handles all new sign-ups and refers them to FunWEbProfits. I stated this was not on the FunWebProfits web page. I also stated that nowhere did it list that I would be charged an additional $69.97 a month. The customer sevice rep did not argue this statement. She did go ahead and cancel my account and refund the $69.97. She gave me confirmation numbers on both the cancellatioin and refun.

This program is a total scam. You don't get the program as promised. You only have 7 days to cancel your account with FunWebProfits which is not stated in the program. You are dealing with two different companies: Alterative Funding which charges you $30.00 a month as a referral fee and FunWebProfits which charges you $69.97 a month to access their bogus program. You have to contact both parties to cancel the program.

Dont waste your time on this bogus program and this unprofessional companies.

Contact Info:

13799 Park Boulevard North
Suite 330
Seminole, FL 33779
[protected]-2666

Comments

• Je
      Sep 18, 2009

Here's some more information about WHY NOT TO SIGN UP. I fell also for this "Newspaper like" add. It looked interesting, legitimate and was created by Web Money Training which sells a subscription to access information. Just like the first post, I went for the free trial and too late I realized that it came with a "companion program".

As soon as I realized this was a case of "over promising and under delivering", I canceled with Web Money Training right away. It was no problem to do so, I must say. BUT, I called this other number and I was told there had been no account setup with alternative funding, and that THEY NO LONGER WERE BEING OFFERED AS A COMPANION PROGRAM WITH WEB MONEY TRAINING. I was asked if I had received a confirmation email and sure enough had not.

So no worries, right? WRONG. Yesterday, out of the blue, I got a confirmation email from Alternative Funding, speaking of a trial period and a forward monthly payment after 14 days.

So the questions to the Mr. Online Customer Support are:

1. Why was I lied to in the first place when I was told Alternative funding was no longer being offered as a companion program to Web Money training?

2. If it was not a lie, but a temporary thing (for arguments sake), HOW and WHY would your company have access to my information and records 15 days after I called to cancel and was told there was no record?

3. Can your company provide customers with the actual record that indicate that a customer willingly signed up? I mean, if it is not a scam, your company should be able to provide me with my approval to sign me up on Sept. 17 2009... CAN YOU?

TIPS FOR HONEST FOLKS:

- Sign up with PayPal and get a plug in in your browser. What this does is genius to protect you against these kind of shady practices by allowing you to generate one-time use credit card numbers. If anyone tries to use that number again, it will decline it... protecting you from unwanted charges.

- When receiving offers like these... Google their title with the word HOAX or PHISHING at the end and you can come up with interesting information that will help you determine the validity of an offer. That's how I got to this page by the way.

- Never say the word YES or I AGREE in a phone conversation with this type of companies... you are being recorded. It may not be the case with this particular company BUT, don't you wonder why they end their statements with an emphatic: It's that correct Mr. or Mrs. X? Look for other words not easy to clip.

- In times of crisis like this one, businesses like these flourish... protect yourself.

• Pe
      Sep 28, 2009

DONT PUT YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER ONLINE WITHOUT READING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PEOPLE HELLO I MEAN THIS IS A COMPANY MAKING MONEY FROM YOU [censored]'S WHO DONT READ ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. SUFFER LIKE THE REST AND LEARN YOUR LESSON. IF YOU DONT LEARN FROM THIS THEN YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SCAMED

Oct 19, 2009

Scam Scam Scam!!! What the ad online claims is NOT what you get. It took me 2 months to get this program cancelled and to have the charges stopped on my credit card. What I thought I cancelled 2 months ago was just an alter ego of the "online business" company. Both companies, charge your card under the same name...Alternative Funding, but they claim that are two different programs and that is why they can keep charging you. Today, I finally was able to speak with an ENGLISH speaking customer service rep and she was able to cancel it for me. Unfortunately, it took over an hour speaking to people that had no clue how to help me. When I asked for a supervisor or manager, I was told that they were on another call. When I told them I would wait on the line for them, they refused to let me hold. Customer service for a legitimate company would NOT refuse to let you speak to a manger. I was transfered, hung up on and told that I should have known that it was two different companies because of the terms and conditions. I asked where in the terms and conditions did it stated that they can still charge my credit card even after I cancel the membership. They could not give me an answer. DO NOT sign up for this, it is a scam to steal $ from you. In these financial times none of us can afford to give fake companies a single penny of our hard earned money.

Oct 19, 2009

You will keep more of your money if you will simply NOT respond to ANY advertisement on TV, RADIO, or the INTERNET.

No matter where you saw the commercial or which website, they are ALL SCAMS, in one way or another.

They are SCAMS, no matter what they promise or guarantee and the fake testimonials are not real.

If you think I don't know what I am talking about, try a few ads on this very page, after all, it has to be on the level because it is advertised on Complaints Board...Think again, Buddy, you WILL GET SCAMMED!

WHY NOT GET IT LOCALLY, INSTEAD.