Fujifilm / Bad service

United Kingdom Review updated:

I bought this digital camera for my wife's birthday through directfoto.co.uk

When she opened her present on the 22nd of august 2008 the LCD screen was cracked and faulty, rendering the ccamera useless. It had obviously been damaged in the post or been sent to us faulty straight from the headoffice.

Upon contacting directfot.com they told us we had to deal with fujifilm directly, which we did, and agreed to send the camera back for repair (complete with proof of warranty).

3 weeks later we received a letter from fujifilm asking us for £89.99 to repair the camera.

After calling the customer service (very rude), the only option we seem to have left is to lodge a complaint, which is impossible as there is no complaints procedure in place at fujifilm (I wonder why...)

We don't see why we have to pay nearly the full price of the camera again just to get it repaired when it was damaged when it was still in the care of fujifilm.

Please help.
Va

More Fujifilm Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ma
  15th of Dec, 2009
I sent my S3 pro to fuji to have the Free upgrade for the 18-200mm lens to work properly and they told me two weeks later (when I telephoned them) that parts were falling of the camera and would not do the upgrade untill I paid £145.00 to fix these 'falling off parts', it was fine when I posted it out to them. Fuji owners beware