Fuji Digital Camera A570 / Poor/nonexistent warranty repair

This A570 was my 2nd Fuji. Stay far away from them. Absolutely no customer support and very rude nonresponsive customer service reps when you call the repair service in New Jersey.

They've had my camera for over one month for warranty repair. It had a "zoom error" fault while I was on vacation in Alaska. That means the lens would not zoom to open/close.

Actually Fuji has no intent to repair this camera and could care less when they send a replacement even though their "goal" is to complete repair/warranty actions within 10 business days.

I'm told by a bored and rude service rep that "we're waiting to get some of these newer models [A570 was a new model last year or so] from the factory" but don't know when that will happen. Not only do they not know, they don't care that their customer service reputation is in the toilet.

I just bought my wife a new Cannon digital for her birthday and likely will do the same for myself as I have little hope of ever getting any warranty service from Fuji. Chances are, they'll keep my camera for a couple of months, do nothing, and then deny warranty coverage claiming the "zoom error" fault was due to customer abuse.

Stay far far away from any Fuji product. It is disappointing that a manufacturer such as them could care so little about customer service.

Comments

Ga
  22nd of Oct, 2007

Oh no! I just sent a Fuji F650 in for warranty repair to the NJ. repair service. It also has a zoom error which would not allow the zoom to retract. I hope that I am more successful in the repair/ replacement. The camera should have been received last Thursday but do not have a confirmation. I did insure the camera. I will wait for a couple of days before contacting them as to the repair/replacement. By now you are probably saying good luck-I will take it a day at a time. I also have another Fuji camera, however if they do not come through with successful repair/replacement I will go back to Canon. I have never had a problem with Canon. Guess I jumped out of the frying pan into the fire!!!

Me
  20th of Mar, 2009

Our Fuji J110W also had a zoom error - the lens was out and would not retract.
My daughter was taking a picture and got jostled. The camera was not dropped or anything. Fuji says it is "physical Damage" so not covered.

She had the camera for only 3 weeks!!! They offered us a new camera for about 25% off retail. (after we waited 6 weeks in which time my daughter had to already buy a new camera as she was off on a trip to Europe)

If the camera is made so poorly that a slight jostle will bend the barrel 3 weeks after purchase they should be refunding the entire purchase price!