Fugi Film Digital Camera / Rufuse to honer extended warranty

1 Lancaster, OH, United States

In 2007 I was in Office Max looking at their Digital Cameras, I was Leary about spending so much on something that could easily be dropped and broken when the sales associate told me no worries, purchase their Max assurance extended warranty and if it's dropped they will repair or replace for free, at this I was talked into it. After about 6 months my fear was realized when my camera was dropped and the lens cover broken, so I called the warranty company and was told that dropping the camera was not covered under the manufactures warranty it was covered under the "extended warranty" and it would not take effect for another 6 months, they told me I would have to wait to get my camera fixed. I was angry, but agreed to wait. Today I called Office Max's Warranty company and was told "We're sorry, but that is considered a pre-existing damage, and is not covered under our plan". Not only was I lied to by the sales associate who talked me into making the purchase of both the camera and the exteded warranty, but I was lied to by the warranty company when I first called. It is all a scam and they should not be allowed to sell these "extended warranties" !!! I will never buy anything from Office Max again, and will never purchase another extended warranty!