Fry's.com / The worst case of professionalism that I have ever seen

I bought a laptop from Fry's.com a couple of days back using my father-in-law's credit card. He is visiting US and wanted to get a reasonably priced laptop. While making the purchase online, we gave all the details (credit card info, billing address etc.). However, the next day I got a mail from their customer service asking for additional identification information. Which I thought made sense since we had used an international credit card.

However, to my horror, when I called up the customer care to find out whether there was any other identification they would accept, I was told that the specific product that I had ordered online & got a confirmation for had been sold out and the only thing I could do was to cancel the order.

This is the first time I've tried to buy something from Fry's and will definitely be the last time too. This truly has to be the worst case of professionalism that I have ever seen with e-com site. Absolutely no integrity whatsoever.

For anyone buying anything from Fry's, good luck to you!!!

Va

Comments

• Cv
      21st of May, 2008

Fry's is a "Den Of Thieves". They payoff the Local BBB to bury the complaints they get and really need to be investigated by the FTC or the Attorney General of CA.
    They have been double billing Credit Cards and holding the funds for months in in interest bearing accounts before crediting back the funds to form of payment.
    When you have a 2Billion dollar Company doing this on a regular basis one can just imagine how much extra revenue they generate from this scam.
    If you have any billing irregularity with this Company immediately dispute the charge with you Credit Card Company.
    A complaint to the local BBB is a waste because Fry's Executive have them on the payroll in the form of free Electronics, lunches & other entertainment.

• Cv
      21st of May, 2008

Well stated. have also had problems with Fry's.