Frugal Flowers / Disgusting flowers

United States Review updated:
Frugal Flowers
My brother passed away on January 30. On February 1 we ordered an arrangement of lilies for the wake on the following day. The order was made through FTD. Frugal Flowers is right down the street from the funeral home that these flowers were delivered to. NOT ONE BUD IN THE FLORAL ARRANGEMENT WAS OPEN! Not one! I was mortified. And this just added to the upset that I was already suffering. This is totally unacceptable. We did not need this kind of treatment added to our grief. Now, one might fall for the arguement that lilies in bud will last longer but this is what happened. Those buds not only were not open by the following day for the funeral service...they were not open 6 DAYS LATER for the burial service that following Saturday. The funeral home had very kindly kept them in their cooler and watered, in the hopes that they would at least be open by the time of the burial. If the excuse is that all they had were unopened buds, then they should have made a suitable substitution per the FTD guarantee. And Frugal Flower should not have needed to be told to substitute with an adequate replacement, anyway. It is just Good Business. This is not the fault of FTD in any way, shape or form. I have a pretty large family. NONE of us will ever go to Frugal Flowers again. ALL of us will specifically request FTD, etc., not use Frugal Flowers when we order flowers through them. On top of that, all of our friends have also said they will never go to Frugal Flowers again. We grew up in Sudbury and most of our friends are there. And they will tell their friends. I am just so upset. This is beyond comprehension.

N  15th of Mar, 2012 by
We are sorry to learn of your experience- please contact our offices so that we may resolve your issues- We pride ourselves in our customer service and are especially sympathetic to our services as they relate to funerals. Thank you- the Frugal Flower.