FRSNaples.com / Fraud and cheating

I was visiting a friend when this young man and his companion knocked on the door. He said that he was with a company who help young people like him be productive in life. He claims that he was selling subscriptions for this company so he could go to film school. I was skeptical because I don't like giving out my personal information but he kept referring to my neighbor next door who wrote a check to him for magazine subscriptions. He told me that this company is a member of the Better Business Bureau and I could check out the company's website to authenticate his story. I guess he was in competition with another person because he indicated that he was trying to get more subscriptions. Against my better judgment I went ahead and signed up for one magazine subscription for $60 dollars. He told me that I could cancel within three days and that I could fax my receipts to cancel the issues. The next day I faxed my information to them. After a couple of days the money was taken from my debit card. When I called about it they told me that I was to mail my receipts in order to cancel my subscription. It has been a month and I still haven't received any magazines. I would like my money back because Fidelity Reader Service is a rip-off. They never intended to send magazines. All they want is the money. WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ME? My next step will be going to the Attorney General's office.

He

Comments

• Di
      12th of Mar, 2009

I too have been scammed by NRS Readers. I managed to get the guys driver license and info. I may just go to the police and file a complaint. Chances are he has priors.I never forget a face, eventually they will resurface in the area.I am seeing my attornewy next week, will let you know, .

• Am
      18th of Mar, 2010

The same thing happened to me but I paid with cash at the time. I still have not recieved my magazine and it's been more than a year. My bf told me I should sue. I remember what the girl looks like and I believe I have her name.