Frontier Imports, Inc. / Poor service, poor quality!

1 6795 Corporation Parkway #200Fort Worth, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 817-717-7001

1.) This January, I bought an SLA-255 ATV from ATV Discounter. All seemed fine except for an exhaust leak where the pipe bolts onto the engine. I assumed that I had not installed the gasket properly, so I ordered another one. I was charged $11. I received the gasket, re-installed it and the pipe and there was no change. So, I called your service department. I talked to someone who said that they had bought one of the same units. His exhaust leaked too, but I shouldn't worry about it because it wouldn't cause any harm. That is incorrect. An exhaust leak at the engine like that will burn the exhaust valve. At that point I said goodbye and scheduled time with a local shop. I took the atv into the shop the next day. The day after I was able to pick it up. The cause for the leak was that the flange around the exhaust pipe was only welded about 7/8 of the way around. That was the cause for the leak and the burning of the gaskets. Cost for repairs, $182.00. At that point I thought, "oh well, anyone can make a mistake".

2.) On March 27th, I bought an MC-01 Street Motorcycles from ATV Discounter. It took 7 weeks to receive the MCO and bill of sale. In Idaho, I must transfer the title on a new vehicle within 30 days or they charge me another $20. I had to speak with 4 different people on as many occasions to finally get this taken care of.

3.) On April 2nd, I bought one of their DB-07 dirt bikes. I assembled it, put gas in the fuel tank, and took it out for a quick ride. During that ride the chain guide attached to the swing arm disintegrated and upon finishing my ride, I noticed that gasoline was leaking slowly from the tank and tubing leading to the carburetor. Upon examination, the tubing had been cut off at an angle, not allowing for a proper seal. That was easy to fix. But also the tank itself was leaking from the back two holes where the trim screws on. The tank needs to be replaced and I also need a new chain guide. Because of Postal Service rules I cannot send you the gas tank back. ATV Discounter at first promised to replace the parts, now they will not even speak with me. Also the MCO that was finally sent for this bike is incorrect (or fraudulent). It says the bike is a 2008, but it is in fact a 2007. I have not been provided with a correct MCO as of this date. So, I cannot get a title or off-road permit for this bike.

4.) A couple of weeks ago, I also ordered a new floor mat for an SL150-26 scooter that I had bought last fall from another seller. I paid 30 dollars for a "new" mat. I was sent a used mat with holes in it. I called and talked with Travis in the parts department. He told me to send that mat back (at my expense) and he would send me a new one. I received the "new" one today. It is also used with a hole in it.

Just over two weeks ago, I called and talked with Eric in the sales department. He connected me with Bob in parts. Bob assured me that I would be receiving a new gas tank, chain guide and floor mat. All I have received so far is the used floor mat with a hole in it. The way I look at it, ATV Discounter owes me paperwork for the MC-01, a new gas tank (that doesn't leak) and a new chain guide for the DB-07, a NEW floor mat for the scooter, $182 for repairs on the atv, and $11 for the gasket for the atv (which was not the problem). I called and talked with Eric on Monday and again yesterday. He acted totally disinterested. I later talked with Sheri Barling who promised that all these issues would be taken care of. Still nothing as of 5/19/2008.

CONCLUSION: The people at ATV Discounters are thieves and cheats. They also lie a lot. MY ADVICE IS TO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Jo

Comments

• Bk
      1st of Jun, 2008

I used to be in the Chinese ATV business, and I got out of it because of people like you. It's all well and good when you spend $500 on a Chinese ATV for your kid instead of $2700 for a Japanese bike... but then you expect Japanese quality and nit-pick about little things that don't make any bit of difference.

I'm surprised you haven't tried to pull a credit card charge back and get your ATV for free because it came in missing a screw or two. I can see why they won't even talk to you on the phone anymore. If the company sucks so bad, why did you place (4) orders with them??

Another extremely cheap person... wanting something for nothing... knowing full well what you're walking into, then complaining about it and becoming a complete pain.

• Ke
      24th of Jun, 2008

I researched ATV Discounters before placing my order they had over 5, 000 sales on a popular auction site, yes they had a few complaints, but most were silly. I agree with the last person, you cannot expect to get a 2, 500 atv for 488.00 and it be perfect. You saved over 2, 100.00 !! I do not think they should have sent used parts, but if you were unhappy why did you make a total of 4 purchases. Get over it.

• Tn
      23rd of Jul, 2008

This company STINKS! I should have listened to the ebay feedback. Highly unethical! I have registered a complaint with the better business bureau and encourage you to do the same. my case is 7C07A-1ADFF-A648B-28192-CB59F-FBA8E-7A .

I ordered a bike. six weeks later i have no bike. i get a voice message saying they are having "problems" with my order and want me to drop an additional 300 for a different bike?!?! wtf?!?!? BAIT AND SWITCH!!! meanwhile i cannot get a human on the phone or my emails returned!!! Please contact me if you are interested in gather support for a class action lawsuit. If you are an attorney interested in representing us against ATV discounter, please contact me as well.

• Ro
      4th of Aug, 2008

Very poor service, does not respond to trouble with product

25th of Aug, 2008

Obviously, the owners/managers of ATV Discounter just read my comments and are trying to counter by pretending to be Kevin & Bk. I was not just missing a screw or two. Yes, I was trying to save money...that's the whole point of buying a Chinese sled insted of Japanese. But, when you buy any product, no matter where it comes from, you expect it to be undamaged when it arrives...all it's components working properly. NO holes in gas tanks, No holes in exhaust pipes, ect. I have personally bought over 20 Chinese machines over the last 4 years or so from different sellers. Most have been great, and all have been fine except for ATV Discounter. I'm not an idiot who has no mechanical training or know-how. Before ATV Discounter, I had the occasional problem with a part or two, but everyone I dealt with took care of me by replacing the parts. NOT ATV Discounter. Look at their feedback on eBay (yes, it's still there). Something happened with ATV Discounter beginning last fall. Before that, their feedback appears to be fine. Then it started getting worse and worse. When they quit eBay a couple of weeks ago (or were kicked off, who knows) their feedback had fallen to 92.1%. And no, most of the complaints aren't silly. Their attitude is that their eBay customers are stupid. That's what they told me in an e-mail. Again, you will not be happy with them. Nice try, Kevin and Bk.

1st of Dec, 2008

I bought a SUNL 150 Scooter just 3 short months ago and have been trying to call SUNL Corporate offices in TX only to be given the run around; seems noone there has any idea how to resolve a dispute. In less than 3 months I have had to replace the battery, the exhaust brackets have broken, the new battery will not start the scooter, etc. My opinion is- you buy a Piece of ### Korean product, you get Piece of ### service!!! ### SUNL!!! So I did the only thing a red-blooded American can do, I took my axe to it and returned it to the many pieces of ### to whence it came.

• Ho
      29th of Jan, 2009

If there is a lawyer who would take on class action, there are a lot of people who have been ripped off by ATVDiscounter.

• Va
      18th of Mar, 2009

ATV Discounter are a rinky dink operation. If you got stuck with a Chinese scooter, don't buy your parts from ATV, even if you purchased your scooter there. YOu'll be old and gray before you get them, and chances are it'll be the wrong part. Try calling RedStreak Motors @ 508-787-0038 or go to www.motopartsmax.com and try there. I haven't bought anything from the website yet, but they have parts for all these piece of ### vehicles. Good luck to all!!!

• Ki
      12th of Jun, 2009

YES I TOO HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY ATV. DISCOUNTER, DON'T BUY FROM THEM. I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!

• Kw
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I bought a scooter a year ago. They had trouble getting it shipped so I stopped payment from the CC company. Miraculously, it finally shipped and the CC company paid the bill. That was last August. May of this year I received a registered letter calling me a criminal, and threatening me with legal action alleging that I never paid for it. After giving them all the proof in the world, they finally relented and agreed it had been paid for. I was promised a letter clearing my account, but that was over a month ago. I fully expect that this issue is not over and they will attempt to coerce money again in the future!! Do not deal with these crooks!

• Sw
      14th of Aug, 2009

They have ripped me off ...I wish someone could do something about this company!