Frontier Communicationsfraudalant billing practices

Yb Middletown, NY Review updated:

I moved from my residence on March 6, 2008. I cancelled services when I moved into my new home March 28, 2008. Frontier Communications handled my landline, internet and cable bundle package. After cancelling services Frontier continues to bill me for services on the cable portion only.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Middletown, NY When I call Frontier they blame it on the cable carrier they link with saying it their issue, yet it is Frontier who is billing me. Service was appropriately cancelled, all equipment was returned. I have new service with another carrier at an entirely different location effective 28 March 2008 yet Frontier will not correct the billing error. This is a fraudalant billing practice. A company can not bill for partial services when the entire account was appropriately cancelled.

Comments

• Ri
      Dec 11, 2011

thay are a scam, thay told me i owed a bill from 07 for 313 dollars i was moving so i just paid it, thay came back a month latter and said i owe a bill from 07 for 522 dollars, i have paid my bills every month and this is not right, but think about it do u really think thay would keep my phone on if i owed that much, and why after 3 years latter thay r just now trying to collect ? iwas also on a two year deal where for a 100 dollars a month i would get my dish, net, and phone it was never a 100 dollars a month it was always much more, and now get this when my contract was up i told them to shut it all down, and automatcly sign me back up and charged me 500 dollars for eraly termenation, now thay say i owe 1055 dollars for this, its a nitemare .and i am not the only one getting scamm on this package deal, and singing people up with out there ok, its time to take them down, ?

• Do
      Aug 13, 2016

I have gone through the same thing myself . I cancelled my services month before I moved and I owed nothing... I moved into my new dress in May 2016 and I have service with someone else since then I also keep calling every month eo make sure that I would not be getting any more bills from them that I do not owe and I recently received a bill in the mail.. Both addresses that they have do not specify my exact address.. so they are letting anyone that lives at the same street address to fraudulently get services and then you are sending me the bill! I moved away fro this dangerous neighbor hood because of all the thief and fraudulence that was ongoing for the four years that I lived there.. Someone drilled a third hole in my maiilbox as well!

• Pe
      Dec 20, 2016

@Doreen Pelletier Newest scam - Frontier bought Verizon Fios and took over the contracts, mine with a 2 year price guarantee around $116 and now they try to sneak in extra fees and increase one of the 3 services - customer services is not helpful so i have to start the legal process.

• Er
      Feb 28, 2017

I tried to cancel 3 times and they keep billing. I am getting the Texas Public Utility Commission involved now.

• Da
      Mar 01, 2017

Frontier stoled our money from Dish also. They lied to consumer protection.this happened end of July.they think its funny I don't.we are going to pursue the matter in court. All they did was lie.

• Sh
      May 20, 2017

Frontier communications fraudulently billed me for several months after I canceled my service. I was told on 4/8/16 that my service had been canceled, yet they continued to bill me into September. The total bill for services I did not use was over 1200.00. I called in to dispute the information and was hung up on, told erroneous information, denied the opportunity to speak to management, and finally was told the best they could do is reduce the bill to $1000. I told them I would not accept this. After nearly a year of fighting with them, I was contacted by Elizabeth Golightly and told that yes, they did make a mistake, but I still owed $354. This was not accurate either as two adjustments had been made to the account she claims to have no record of. Regardless, I was willing to pay the $354 if they would remove the erroneous collection from my credit report. She refused to remove it and basically told me Frontier was wrong, but they weren't going to do anything about it unless I pursued legal action.

Jan 24, 2018

MY CASE IS SAME THEY CHARGE ME WHEN FOR LAST COMPANY VERIZON PASS TO FRONTIER .NOW MY PROBLEM IS NO BODY ANSWER THE PHONE THEY SEE ALL THE PERSON IS BUSY WHIT THE OTHER COSTUMER IM CALL TOMORROW LET ME KNOW WHAT TIME.IS CRAZY . THEN MY INTERNET IN 3 OPPORTUNITY IS SOO SLOW AND THEY NOT DISCOUNT THE MY BILL THE TREE TIME MY INTERNET IS NOT WORKING GOOD THIS COMPANY IS 0 STAR

• Li
      May 24, 2018

Frontier was a decent company back when they came to my area ten years ago. Now their billing is always wrong and they won't fix it. I have a price promo lock on service. But it was raised in month 5 and some agents will fix it but most insist the increase is accurate charge for the promo. I thought Comcast won prize for worst customer service. Frontier has vastly surpassed them in fraud and deceptive practices. Never use Frontier. I'm switching back to Comcast despite having to pay more per month.

Oct 24, 2018

@Linda Furman I have a $4.99/month contract for as long as I am a Frontier Secure subscriber which they will not honor. They now charge $5.99 and say it is legitimate and it is what they now charge. Do not believe anything their sales people tell you. Unfortunately, I have no choice as Frontier is my only provider.

• La
      Oct 01, 2018

I cancelled m account on 07/02/2018 and was told I owed 1 more billing cycle. I paid that bill and Frontier continued billing me for 2 more months even though I had returned all equipment and sold and moved out of this home. I am not exaggerating when I state that I have spent over 20 hours on the phone disputing their fraudulent additional charges. I actually on hold again as I write this. Today I was hung up on 3x and transferred to the wrong departments over and over. 3 Hours of my day again that I won't ever get back. This is total harrassment. I just sent a complaint to the president of the company. I don't want anyone else to go thru the stress that I have been through over these fraudulent charges. If anyone has advice on how to STOP them, please feel free to interject.

Apr 08, 2019

@LAStroud You can contact the Utilities Commission in your State, state your case exactly and they were pretty fast in getting back to me when I had issues with Frontier and taking care of the problem for me. I am in Arizona. I would definitely contact the chapter in your State and you should get help with your problem. Good luck or maybe you have found a solution to your problem already; as I see that this was 5 months ago.

• Ip
      Apr 08, 2019

@LAStroud Now its almost more then two months and this AT TRADERS/ASMAT TRADING is NOT paying my refund of US$ 1, 050.They are fraud company.

Oct 24, 2018

They used to be good, but now will not even accommodate you as a customer. They seem to know that they don't have to care.

• La
      Dec 10, 2018

I cancelled service with Frontier and went with a different company on December 3, 2018. I received my bill from Frontier for the full 30 day billing cycle of [protected]. When I called and asked them to tell me what I actually owed for the 18 days of service, I was told that I am responsible for the full 30 days. That means I would have to pay for 12 days that I did not have their service. I spoke to a supervisor who told me it is in their "Terms & Conditions". When I asked where that is on my bill, she said it is on their website and is legal. Before I stopped service, I spoke to two customer service reps asking them not to raise my bill by $40.00/month and I would have to change service if they would not help me. Neither representative mentioned this to me. I have calculated what I owe by the number of days I had their service and will only pay what I owe. If anyone knows how to legally dispute Frontier without going to court, please let me know. This will go on my credit report and I'm feeling so helpless to the situation.

Apr 08, 2019

@Lana Van Buren Contact the Utilities Commission in your State and they will assist you as they assisted me with my dispute with Frontier.

• Is
      Jan 05, 2019

August, 2018 ordered a second land line, was told it would cost around $30.00 a month, had the number for about 3 weeks, when it was disconnected for no reason & I was given a new number, I had already given my phone number out, so got to do it all over again. 2nd line wasn't on my Sept. bill, there mistake the agent said & it would be fixed, nope, I called October to get amount due, for both, paid it, this went on November & December I talked to no less than 7 agents I have W.O.#'s, one they say doesn't exist & the other says nothing. Then the agent today tells me they don't issue W.O.'s for billing related issues. Long story going round & round, they now say I owe them $343.00 I don't. I wish I had the option to get something else but I don't. So I don't know how this will resolve. Frontier has a lock on this area, no cable & no cell reception. I'm stuck. Like Lana above said. "If anyone knows how to legally dispute Frontier without going to court, please let me know. This will go on my credit report and I'm feeling so helpless to the situation." They will screw you & there's nothing you can do to work it out with them, even when when you have evidence, I have 28 pages & no where to go.

Apr 08, 2019

@Is already taken Call your States Utilities Commission. They helped me with my Frontier Issues; Especially if you have proof.