Frontier Communications / fraud, lies, slamming

DeLand, FL, United States Review updated:

Let me say that all of these complaints are 100% true! This company is the worst that I've ever seen, and believe me I have seen many. To begin with I called this company 6 months ago for their $29.99 internet. After spending an hour on the phone, they said they have to send a technician out to verify my phone line. No one ever showed up for a week, while I waited at home for nothing! So again I called, same story, they said I'm sorry for this and I will send someone out in 1 or 2 days. Again, no one came out so I bought a Straight talk hotspot which was OK, but needing to download many programs and videos I needed to go out to use the internet frequently, so 2 weeks ago I called Frontier again. After spending another hour on the phone, the woman said I was all set and read this lengthy agreement to me. Luckily, I heard the price, which was $47.99. Apparently she was slamming me for home phone service also. So now she makes the adjustment, and its $39.99. I said what happened to $29.99? She said well, we had an increase, but if you sign up for autopay, you can get it for $34.99. Ya right, just try it, then you're really screwed, because you will NOT get the 1st month for $34.99 as the alleged autopay begins the next billing cycle, so the advertised $34.99 is a fraud, which I should have only been charged $29.99, if they ever showed up last summer! Bottom line here is, if someone had not offered to pay my 1st 5 months to this crooked company for me, I would have cancelled as soon as I received my 1st bill!

De
Feb 7, 2015

Comments

• Wa
      7th of Mar, 2009
    Frontier Communications - service
    frontier communications
    Two Harbors
    Minnesota
    Phone: 218.355.2976

Horrible.horrible customer service. I'd rather deal with US border patrol or the friendlies at the airport.

2nd of Jul, 2009

wow, way to leave your home # for people to call, good for you! you probably dont deserve good customer service for being a [censored]

2nd of Jul, 2009

Way to leave your home phone number listed on this complaint, lol. You probably deserve crappy customer service for being mentally handicapped.

Well, I double posted, so I'm not so grand myself Lol

• Js
      23rd of Aug, 2010
    Frontier Communications - ghost bills
    Frontier Communications
    Elkview
    West Virginia

My mother-in-law had phone service through Verizon, which was recently bought out by Frontier. Their first bill was $98.00, then they told my us that there was a $250.00 back balance, and claimed that they sent the bill out, but we never recieved it. They are scam artists by every meaning of the word.

• Kl
      26th of Jul, 2011

I have nothing but problems with this company from the start over charging, crappy dsl, rude customer service.

• Ul
      6th of Nov, 2012
    Frontier Communications - Stopped providing services
    Frontier Communications

We used Frontier Communications for some time and I discovered recently that they stopped providing services more than a year ago. However, they “forgot” to tell me about that. I spent $700 during this year for the services I will never get. It is unbelievable!