Frontier Communicationsearly phone shuffoff

C Review updated:

With prices rising on everything including the phone bill, I decided I needed to cut back on the phone services as my agreement was over. I thought about just keeping my prepay cell phone, but I found that Time Warner offered a better level of service than Frontier $20 a month cheaper. By switching, I would have my cable TV, Road Runner and Phone all on the same bill for only $10 more a month than I was paying for just my phone.

I wasn't porting my old number so I was instructed to discontinue Frontier. This was on a Tuesday, and I told them I wanted it terminated on Monday. The said okay. When I came home from work on Wednesday, I had no phone service. Did they think I wanted them to backdate the shutoff?

Personally, I think they did it on purpose because I was terminating service. Now Time Warner came upon a glitch that will delay my services for a few days, but it is not specifically their problem. I live in one township and the phone number is for the adjacent township. They have to program that flaw in their system so 911 will give the proper location. This problem originated with Rochester Telephone(absorbed by Frontier) back in the '60 s.

• B
      Mar 17, 2009
    Frontier Communications - spammers
    Frontier Communications

I'm a former customer. The billing cycles were always confusing. I never really knew how much I'd owe because I'd only get a bill if I was past due. The bills didn't show up at regular intervals. Frontier also doesn't offer online account services either. That's pretty embarrassing considering they are a telecom company.

Anyhow. They are sending me about 1-3 pieces of mail per week with various offers. I called the Customer Service and the woman claimed it's bulk mail and there is no way to remove me from the listings. So is that how they attract customers? By junk mailing them to death?

• T
      Oct 25, 2012
    Frontier Communications - telephone plan
    Frontier Communications

The digital phone essential plan supposed to offer 30 Minutes of Long Distance Talk Per Month*, Calling anywhere in the continental U.S. and rollover your unused minutes. I have been Switched to Frontier Communications for five month now, I did not make many long distance phone calls and should have about 100 roll over minutes now. However, Frontier did not give me the rollover minutes, but trying to charge me every long distance phone I made. I have been calling their customer support every month and trying to correct the problem. I am so tire of Frontier and trying to find a good phone service with a fordable plan.

• T
      Dec 18, 2012

im in the fairmount, ga area and i have there triple service bundle. this company is the worst, just simply horrible. i think the only reason they survive is most of there service area is in rural parts of the country with no competition. my advise for any frontier customers, in any part of the country, is to continually complain to your state public service commission. im in the process of getting new home phone service and wouldnt even think about trying to port, switch my tel number from them to the new service. im going to try and keep the dsl service only because there is no other option here. a suggestion, go to there website and sign into the customer chat option. after ending the chat session, wait a few seconds and youll be given the option of having the chat log sent to your email. have it sent and you have a record of what was discuused during the chat. then when the bills arrive with charges well above what you agreed to, youll have even more info to send to the public service commission.. make sure you ask what the total charges are for the service/s. total charges with all fees, surcharges.tarriffs, federal, state, local taxes, 911 charge. continually ask and have them confirm the total billing cost. my advise to anyone whos looking at this company is to NOT do it.