Front Range Management, Randy Sigley / Bad Landlord!

1 Colorado Springs, CO, United States Review updated:

In the summer of 2007, my wife and I were looking for a cheap apartment
or house close to downtown Colorado Springs. We found a great deal on Craig's list where we could help fix up an old building for cheaper rent at 501 East Kiowa on the Corona St. side of the building. It was the best deal going and we took it. Neighbors warned us about the owner, but we were out of time so we agreed to put in 90 hours for minimum wage off of our rent over 3 months. Everything was great until we told the guy we had put in more than 90 hours and would keep working for cheap rent if he wrote something up. He told us we had 2 days to move out, but I knew he couldn't do that. He repeatedly threatened us with eviction, but we payed our rent so he couldn't do it. It took him a while, but he finally got rid of us by not paying the commonly metered utilities until they got shut off and the city condemned the building. We had to move and sued Randy Sigley, a.k.a. Randolph A. Sigley and Front Range Management in small claims court. He got a lawyer to threaten us with a frivolous lawsuit case if we proceeded, claiming that he doesn't own the building. We went to court anyway and he showed up with a 14 year old carbon copy of a trade name affidavit that he said proves his ex-wife owns the building and that he is a part time employee and filed a counterclaim of the maximum $7, 500, swearing under oath that he isn't the owner. The judge gave us a 30 day continuance to try to find out who owns the place and we found out that week that he has a mortgage on the building in his name. We're looking forward to our next court date. Do not rent from this man. He has illegally locked families out of their units, and illegaly turned off gas and water and removed electric meters so they didn't have electric. I have seen these things with my own eyes. I knew it was bad when a process server showed up and he took off running through an alley while I was holding up a board for him to screw into a fencepost. I wish we had done a lot more research than we did and we will NEVER sign a lease without finding out all we can about the property owner again. Learn from our mistakes, please!

Ot

Comments

• Ot
      30th of Dec, 2008

We are now in the midst of long, drawn out legal proceedings over this, as he countersued for the maximum allowed in county court to get it out of small claims, where he perjured himself. We will update after the Feb. 11th discovery hearing.

• Al
      5th of Jan, 2009

I believe Randy is using a different name to fish for information off of these sites. I have a specific name in mind so if you want to know which one to look out for e-mail me.

• Ke
      5th of Jan, 2009

alicia is a nutjob

she thinks that anyone who cotnacts her is her landlord.

sad

and disturbed

contact me for detials and more

• Ot
      14th of Mar, 2009

So, we had our discovery hearing and I've been busy, so I haven't had a chance to update. It was fun to hand over our evidence, but the judge gave him a lengthy extension because he claimed that he didn't know he'd have to have his subpeonas done by the discovery deadline. And this guy used to be an assistant DA? Anybody that's watched law & Order knows that. Anyway, we got some more info so we should be able to get our new stuff added due to this extension, and when this is done we're going to go to the city council and try to get some kind of slumlord law passed here. Other places have it and it really helps preserve tenants rights. If you have any interest in that aspect, please let us know.

• Ra
      15th of Apr, 2009

I had largely the same experience. He stole about 50 hours of unpaid labor and two months rent from me. I wish you the best of luck.

• Nu
      10th of Nov, 2013

My landlord went to prison and left his friend to run his property and in a short time this friend and his girlfriend took all rent money and never payed a bill lights and gas and water were gone but my landlord did not care and then the pipes were striped out by my landlord friend and the places got shut down the house I live in was the only one to stay open my landlord ask us to watch the place for him we were stuck their because my boyfriend put the lights in his name the first bill was fourteen hundred and the gas was the small bill but we could not have water only my landlord could fix it and our lease says everything was paid by my landlord well when my landlord came back he was mad at us and say that we should pay for everything and he never went after his friend for what happens then he said get out I sad no he gave us no water for two years and no trash it's not right what he did well he did win in court only because he knew the meadtor and alterd our lease and the three day was for lots 1and 2 I live in lot 5 but he still won and the meadator yelled and treated us like ### I knew something was wrong with the whole thing my landlord smiled the whole time he never once got yelled at and now I'm moving out and he wins I don't get any of this he took water from us and lied in court and won and no lawyer will help us and legal aid say no because of his name i don't know what to do I wish someone would help us this is wrong the hell we are dealing with and move fast and to live without water and he wins my

• St
      18th of Jan, 2018

Hey can you guys help, I am dealing with exact problems please help me fight Randy A Sigley at court I moved in Dec 1st and its only Jan 13 he is trying to use the unjust system with me and my family. court is Jan 30th 2018. contact me at stefandloncar@gemail.com please