Frigidaire / Electrolux / do not ever purchase a frigidaire refrigerator

1 NY, United States

My frigidaire/electrolux top freezer refrigerator is just over one year old. A few months ago, we started having problems with it — when we'd be out of town for 2 days or more, we'd come home to a completely thawed out freezer and a warm fridge. The first time this happened, we were still under the one-year manufacturer's warranty. So we got it "fixed," at which time we also purchased the extended warranty, thinking how smart we were being.

Since that time, the same exact thing has happened three more times! Can you imagine leaving your home for a weekend and every time you come home keeping your fingers crossed that your food isn't spoiled? And every time, it is??? Frigidaire keeps sending in the repair company, but they are refusing to replace it unless the repair company deems in un-repairable. But the repair guys won't do that, because when they're here, it works! Its only when we leave and its not being used that it shuts down.

We clearly have a lemon product. And dealing with this company has caused me the biggest headache. I will never purchase from this company again, and encourage all to stay away.