Frightliner Trucks / Never buy a Freightliner!

We have over 50 or 60 freightliner over the road tractors. They mainly have Mercedes power plants in them. We have had the worst possible experience with these trucks then any tractor that we have ever had in the 40 years that I have been in transportation. Many Arvin Meritor rear end failures, about 40. Exhaust leaking into the cab,(the dealers tried to repair the problem but it does not last very long and the truck is getting fumes inside). I cannot count the number of times that we had tractors towed(for about 600.00each) to dealers to have fuel lines replaced,they burst all the time.even after an update. We have Roadranger DM Ultrashift transmissions, They come with a 3 year 350,000 mile warranty. Just had a clutch go out down at a crooked dealer in Tulsa. Charged 4900.00 for towing and clutch and did not even bother to try to run a claim on it. Freightliner dealer in Minnesota is useless at helping us out they just want to sell trucks! NEVER BUY ANOTHER FREIGHTLINER!

Va

Comments

• Jt
      21st of Mar, 2007

I disagree with the "Never buy a freightliner". Mercedes is one of the top producers of a diesel engine and if they are such junk, why do you see so many? Sounds like you've just had a bad experience with trucks my friend. whether it be a Detroit or a Cat, or even a Cummins. Go to any dealer and I assure you, you will find a few broken ones around back.Machines aren't perfect and in trucking, you can expect them to break . Quite often too. Especially when you run them constantly. ever watch Nascar? They break too. So.... Peterbuilts , Western stars, Volvo, And yes Freightliners do break down. Get over it. Or find another field .