Friendsreuniteddating.co.uk / Spammed to pay subscription

1 UNsure, CA, United States Review updated:

I was contacted by VISA to say that I had joined a dating service at a cost of £36.75 or so when I didn't have my computer at home; it was in the repair shop. So I guess someone has obtained my aol email address and added the subscription service to my initially FREE account... opened just to check on women in my area. Fiding that messages were not available without subs I sent a cancellation email straight away but it never reached the site and I was billed as above.

I am now thru VISA negotiating a full refund of subs which I never intended paying for.

LET THE BUYER BEWARE is too true, beleive me.

Comments

• My
      1st of Dec, 2008

Like Dan in June I was also scammed by MbContact.com for the sum of $40 approx for a download supposedly from the Adobe .com website - but ONE CARE refused to allow it onto my machine for reasons I am unaware of; this did not stop the scammers from taking the payment from my VISA account though; note that both amounts and emails were the same - and both traced to Panama City but they are timed out services according to the emails I received back from the server.

Irritated and disgusted - Stuart Hellen