fridgedaire / extended warrentary

1 VA, United States Review updated:

I have tried for over two months to get a technician out to do an annual extended warrentary inspection on a Fridgedaire refrigerator to no avail. I have been stood up on three separate occasions. Everytime I call Customer Service I get passed around from one customer service representative to another until I get disconnected. Am I dealing with the the customer service department from HELL?

Comments

• Tr
      Mar 14, 2010
    fridgedaire - Selling Junk that Doesn't work
    Spokane
    Washington

I ran the self-clean on the oven for approximately an hour. I shut the oven off and while the oven was cooling, the interior glass of the door exploded. The temperature on the oven while cleaning is pre-set digitally at 300 degrees.
    I am astonished at the event. Now I am left with a piece of junk.

•   Jul 05, 2011

Dear macprice:
    My name is Susan and I'm reaching out to you on behalf of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I'm terribly sorry for any trouble or inconvenience you've endured getting your annual warranty inspection for your refrigerator. We'd like to help. My team handles Internet related complaints as well as complaints that come to the executive branch and we are interested in taking over the handling of this issue or at the very least monitoring the progress of the current resolution. We need to make sure that everything that can be done is being done on your behalf.

At your convenience please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving any issue you may have. Please provide us a contact number as well as the phone number used to purchase your fridge (if different from your contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, include your screen name (macprice) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Susan R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• La
      Dec 02, 2013
    fridgedaire - Selling Junk that Doesn't work
    Electrolux
    Las Vegas

In April we decide to replace our older Dishwasher with a new unit. We went to our closest Lowes which is 60 miles away and looked things over and found a Frigedaire Unit that looked pretty good. Following all the instructions I installed it were the old unit was and ran a load of dishs, Well they were not fully clean and not fully dry either. We had never experianced this so we called the company to see what maybe the issue. It turned out our water was not hot enough, so we reset the hot water heater and tryed again. This time the dishes where beter, but if we did not claen all the food off, neither would the dishwasher. Still had food left over on the dishes and they were not drying all the way. still had to towel dry the dishes. Finally after calling a couple of more times to get a Appliance repair man out we got one to come out. The reason it to several calls is because the customer service rep gave us phone number for people on the other side of the state, not near us. Finally told them to find a person for our area and call us back. The Tech came out and tested the machine and found it was working with in manufactuarers specifications. Even though it would not thourghly clean the dishes nor would it dry them.
    We asked for a refund as we are still not happy with this peice of junk, and the customer service rep said that machine is working correctly and we will not refund anything for it.
    I will be letting everyone I know about the piece of junk and to stay far away from Electrolux and anything they sell.