Freightcenter.com / Dishonesty

1 Trinity FL, United States Review updated:

When contacted by the review board they said I was never a customer. When I provided documentation the review site reposted my complaint. I lost $900 for the shipping, and about $3000 worth of product. I cuation everyone, this company is dishonest, and you may very well get your shipment destroyed.

Review posted by Ken Sullivan on 9/1/2010 2:50:00 PM Rating: 0 stars out of 5

Subject: Destroyed 95% of shipment
Review: I tried to get insurance and was jerked around with a website procedure they demanded I use as it gets them completely off the hook. The game is scandalous; they tell you to ensure the paperwork FROM THEM is used when the items are picked up. The truck driver works for a different company and says “I’ve got all the paperwork filled out just sign here” which costs you approximately 30% more. The person loading my cages has no idea of this and signs the paperwork the truck driver has. When they delivered my cages it was obvious they hot them HARD with a fork lift. They were so badly screwed up I salvaged 2 of 15. I consider it a total loss. And of course the paperwork was not filled out on the website for insurance so I was screwed. I really recommend you NOT use Frieghtcenter.com I wasted $900. TOTAL RIP OFF!!! Ken

Comments

• Fr
      14th of Jun, 2011

Ken,
    They are going out of business. They hired some idiot named Ben Cross.

• Sm
      22nd of Jun, 2011

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE THE ### FOR NOT INSURING YOUR CRAP.

• Sm
      22nd of Jun, 2011

LEARN TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS...IF YOU HAD TOLD THE PERSON SHIPPING YOUR ITEMS TO GIVE THE DRIVER YOUR FORMS THEY WOULD HAVE KNOWN ... WHATS THE DRIVER GOING TO SAY...no? GROW UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS OR INACTIONS.

• St
      6th of Jun, 2013
    Freightcenter, Inc. - Crushed shipment--no accountability
    FreightCenter
    Palm Harbor
    Florida
    Phone: 800-716-7608
    freightcenter.com

We used FC to ship our late parents antique bedroom furniture. Since we were planning to refinish it, we weren't concerned with superficial damage, but gouges were taken out of two pieces and one night stand was crushed into literally dozens of pieces! After six months, FC sent us a check for $119.02--not even 1/4 of the estimate to repair just that one piece. They told us that it wasn't their fault--it was the fault of the carrier that they had contracted with and that they were not responsible. At this level of accountability, we don't know why they didn't just crush the whole shipment, shovel it into a box and slap some stamps on it--they could have increased their profit margin even more if they just left the truck out of the loop entirely!!