freighcenter / Cancellation fee

1 OH, United States Review updated:

What a nightmare. I used freightcenter.com to ship a tanning bed to my location. A technician was hired to crate the bed and drop off at a terminal in California. The company said it wasn't packaged properly. The technician said he would do whatever they wanted to meet their satisfaction. The company said they don't want the liability of an expensive tanning bed even if it were done properly. Freightcenter could't figure anything out other than using another shipper for roughly double the money. (freightcenter is a broker) In the meantime, the technician had to take the bed home and leave it outside on a trailer all night. The next day, freightcenter says to find someone else because they are out of options. I went to freightquote and they had everything squared away in a matter of minutes. When I cancelled the shipment through freightcenter, at the request of there rep, I was charged a 5% cancellation fee. After speng 20 minutes on the phone arguing with a manager, they actually refused to lift the fee. After the nightmare of my bed setting outside all night and me having to start all over because their carrier didn't want the crate, I now have to pay for this. UNBELIEVABLE!! NEVER USE FREIGHCENTER.COM. They definetely wasted my time and screwed me out of money, not to mention put my tanning bed at serious risk.

Comments

• Rk
      10th of Jul, 2013

I have to agree this company is a fake. I had a shipment scheduled the shipper called the actual carrier that was to pick up the freight and they had no record of it. So as usual you call up and the say just cancel and you are hit with a cancellation fee. Oh and by the way that fee is 20% now. What a rip off company.