FreeShipping.сom / freeshipping.com

United States Review updated:

I just wanted to clear some things up when it comes to this company... It is not a scam! The only way this company gets your information is when you see it's offer at one of their partner website saying you qualify for freeshipping. This is what they say and this is what they will do. Once you sign up, which means entering alllllll of your information in, including address, credit card number, security questions AND a password. Plus you agree to the terms and conditions. You read them right? Because that is what you agreed to. It's not the companies fault you didn't when you said you did. Once you sign in and claim your rebate, you MAIL in the confirmation email you received from the website you ordered at just so they have a proof of purchase. It gives you all of this information when your claim it. It takes 4 - 6 weeks to get the check in the mail. If you see yourself signed up for this, it is your fault and you need to take full responsibility for it. Don't complain saying "this was an unauthorized charged" because it wasn't. Maybe you should watch where you put your credit card number and other information in. And oh ya, there was a reason you went to school so put your reading skills to good use!

Comments

• Gu
      Nov 05, 2008

They charged me for shipping when they said it was free! Mofos!

• Mi
      Apr 12, 2009

Its a recurring charges scam, who are you trying to convince here?

Just because people might blow past the creatively placed ' fine print' doesnt mean it isnt a con.

• Sl
      Apr 14, 2009

I followed their required process to a "T" and they declined to pay for any rebates for shipping. I was told that even though I participated in the program for the free 30 days and submitted all necessary paperwork within that timeframe, they took another 30 days to process my claim which made it ineligible. So, it's virtually impossible to use this program for free 30 days.

• Se
      Jul 09, 2010

I followed their procedures for creating and canceling an account to a "T", as well, but I waited roughly 25 days between when I submitted the rebate claim and when I canceled the account. Maybe two weeks after canceling the account, I got the rebate as promised in the mail. Seems legit to me, as long as you don't blindly stumble into it. *shrug*

• Je
      Mar 07, 2011

Totally agree with you as this is a shopping service and SOUNDS like a great idea.. .however, with that said. You have to be a member to get your check. So you submit a claim and it takes 2 months to get it, so they now have you paying two extra months just to get your $10. Also four occurances they have claimed they have not received my paperwork and then the process starts all over. So totally with you that people need to know what they are checking when they check the box, but seems to be a scam in a different light. Not so much a scam as it is a bait and switch kind of program.

Apr 13, 2011

Freeshipping.com (and it's partners) can go straight to hell.
    The person who posted acting as their "spokesperson" is a grade-A A-hole. I like how you pass off all of the blame to the consumer when it's your company's policy of bait-and-switch tactics and dubious business practices which are the root cause for all the complaints. Obviously you never attended any classes in business ethics, but nice try attempting to belittle the unsatisfied customers here be calling their education into question. Stay classy, bro.

We ordered an Easter basket for my daughter through PersonalCreations.com and saw the "free shipping option". The part that got my attention was that you had to sign up with a different site (freeshipping.com) AFTER your purchase was already approved to be eligible for the "discount". When I clicked the link to freeshipping I looked through the form you have to fill out and stopped dead at the part that said, "For your protection" please enter your credit card number! Uh, I'm not THAT stupid, guys. I can easily see how this scam works on people who are naive, not tech-savvy and/or ignorant to e-commerce sites. There's no reason you should ever offer your credit card number to a third party, especially when it's for a "trial membership".
    Reading all of the other headaches associated with freeshipping.com I can see I was wise to steer clear of their bait and switch tactics. The only issue I have right now is that I have to watch my bank account to make sure that PersonalCreations.com didn't end up sharing my bank account info with dubious sites like freeshipping and suddenly start seeing unauthorized charges appearing on my statement.
    For the record, it was my wife who found the original site and decided "it was a good deal". She has some learning to do about "if it's too good to be true, then it probably is".

•   Jul 19, 2011

@ Missjones and all others that don't know how to read... It sounds like all of you are bitter because of your own stupidity. I remember learning as a kid if it sounds to good to be true it is. You all make me laugh that you want to blame this company for your own stupidity. No matter how you look at it you should never, (and MISSJONES I am pointing at you) NEVER accept a term without reading it. That's like saying your going to commit yourself to a 30 year $200, 000 mortgage and not read the terms of your loan. All you folks are bitter cause this very legit company (in fact they are BBB accredited and Geo-trust verified) FreeShipping.com knows that many Ignorant and, well, Dumb people are falling for there cleaver marketing to get you to sign up. Here's an example if your over 25 you probably remember the BMG mail order CD program. Remember it was 10 CD's for just 99cents? Well that worked the same way as FreeShipping.com works, so just accept that you didn't read but rather just clicked I agree to the terms and understand that (MissJones) if you had read the little fine print you wouldn't be hating on a company that is smarter than you. I mean no disrespect but you all are Libeling this company as a result of your own ignorance and I hope they file a law suite against all of you. Those who want a simple solution to this just read anything before you sign it. Now I have to go cause I just got an E-mail from a Nigerian Prince who needs me to send him money to free up millions of dollars that he will share with me. (Man I'm Lucky) ;)

• Ad
      Aug 29, 2011

I totally agree, freeshipping.com sucks and their customer service is terrible. I followed the rules exactly. I canceled my account on day 30, they charged the monthly service fee on day 29. When I called to find out why they charged me, they were rude about the whole thing. The young lady (hardly a lady) said "you were charged appropriately." I repeatedly read the email to her that came from HER company. It says free 30-day trial!!! Well, it's not free when you charge someone on day 29 instead of day 30. After a few minutes of her terrible customer service and blaming me, I told her i dispute the charge. She said the refund will be made within 2-5 days. It's not my fault that they decided to make the promotional offer and I followed the advertised rules. Get a real job DA!

• He
      Sep 01, 2011

Just went through the freeshipping.com tango, and looked at every word on their website.
    Nowhere does it state the cost of membership - nowhere! Bait and switch scam of the first
    order - when I see "free shipping on orders of $49 or more", I expect free shipping when I
    order $49 or more, not a requirement that I fill out lots of forms, or, worse, that I join some club
    with an unknown and unknowable monthly charge.

• Av
      Oct 03, 2011

I signed up, but used a non-reloadable debit card that has a few cents left on it. If I don't like what I see, I'm not out anything :) I would recommend anyone who signs up for a free trial anything, use one of these types of cards to be on the safe side. IMO :)

Oct 07, 2011

I did not order this service and on Sept 24 the amount of $95.88 was charged to my VISA.

Oct 10, 2011

Hello,

We would be happy to address any concerns you may have regarding our program. You can contact our Customer Care Department who is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-869-5597 or emailing [protected]@Freeshipping.com where one of our supervisors will assist you.

Regards,

Jessica
    Freeshipping.com Customer Service

• Xd
      Nov 20, 2011

It says "a member when you made your purchase" so you should be getting a refund?

• Ro
      Jul 25, 2012

Crap website! They never sent my refund on shipping! Stay away from this SCAM website!

• Je
      Sep 16, 2012

This company stole money from my paypal account and I am fighting them now over that. This is a scam company. I went to facebook and put that they were a scam on their website. Now they have me blocked from theri site. If anyone really wants to get them, go to their site on facebook and leave a warning to others about how this company scammed you.

• Ve
      Sep 28, 2012

They are keep charging to my credit card. I don't know why and I don't say to do it.

• Th
      Sep 28, 2012

Close the card. Report fraud so your cash can be refunded. If they dispute just demand they submit a copy of the agreement you signed with your signature on it. They don't have it. So you will win.

Oct 01, 2012

Hello,

Sorry for any confusion our program may have caused, We would like to be able to handle this for you as soon as possible. Please contact our customer service team at 800-869-5597 or email a supervisor directly at [protected]@Freeshipping.com. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We look forward to a fast resolution!

Regards,

Jessica
    Freeshipping.com Customer Service

• Em
      Jan 06, 2013

Don't waste your time with this company. I signed up for their 30 day free trial. I logged on their site on 1/4/13 and it said I had "one more day left" of my free membership. I took that to mean that my trial membership expired the following day. I logged on the next day to continue with my membership at the cheaper rate they offer if you say you are going to cancel, but they had already billed my credit card the full rate. I called customer service, but the woman on the other end of the line was rude in her tone of voice, telling me they don't give refunds. I then asked to speak to a supervisor, who was equally rude and ended up hanging up on me. She should seriously be fired. Really? A customer service supervisor who hangs up on the customer. I explained that I actually wanted to keep my membership, just at the $6.99 rate, and they were not willing to make any adjustments. So the bottom line for them is that they lost a customer over $6. That is a pretty pathetic business practice. If anyone from freeshipping.com is reading this, here is some advice...the trick is to keep your customers. Perhaps the message I should have seen when I logged onto my account was "Your trial offer ends 1/4/13. Your will be billed on 1/5/13 for your continued membership unless you cancel by 1/4/13." I haven't received any checks, so I'll see how that goes. But my advice is to stay clear of these people because they don't know how to treat their customers.

• La
      Jan 23, 2013

Clearly, this is a SCAM website. Never got my advertised rebate. Stay away!

Mar 26, 2014

My credit card has been charged a monthly fee of $12.97 since March 2013. I would like the entire $168.61 that was stolen from my account to be refunded immediately. I spoke with Jen at FreeShipping.com (she said she was the only supervisor in the department named Jen). She said FreeShipping.com has a strict "no refund" policy. I told her these charges were fraudulent and she agreed to refund the last three charges due to non-usage of the membership. Well of course there was no usage. These charges were never authorized by me! I asked for a copy of my signed agreement. Of course this was not able to be provided to me. So now I need to dispute this fraud with my credit card company. Thanks a lot, FreeShipping.com!