Freelotto / winning notification scam

1 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

Just received this sms on my mobile from +[protected] and i am assuming it is a fake:
Congrat: your mobile number has won for you $2, 000, 000 usd in the freelotto mobile promo. for claims, send email: freelottoagent72@aol.co.uk & call: +[protected]

I would love it to be true but i would also like to think i am not that stupid to be sucked in by a very obvious fake winning notification.

Au

Comments

18th of Oct, 2007
    Freelotto International Group - Scam mail!
    India

Last few days I receiving these Emails on my gmail stating that through Microsoft/Nokia/ freelotto I have won a x amount of cash prize Though I have not yet lost a cent even but after tracking certain web sites It appears that, this is a big hogwash. Readers please be careful!

• Bm
      18th of Oct, 2007

I took an survey and at the end it said I could take a sample of Hydroderm just for shipping and handling but I got a sm.ans a jar of cream. Instead of being charged for 9.95 as the site said on the survey I was charged $69.00 and when I called the phone number on my bank statement they said I wasn't entitled to a refund as I had ordered the monthly supply. I have contacted my bank and told them I was disputing the charge and not to honor any more charges.

• Il
      9th of Jun, 2008

I have receive a message saying that i have won so where i my price?

• Kh
      14th of Aug, 2008

COMPLAIN TO FREELOTTO ADMINISTRATION DEPTT OR WHOM IT MAY CONCERN .

I Mr.KHOZEMA Would like to complain that freelotto customer service and other who are dealing customer emails they are not giving us the proper reply of my mail though I sent several reminders and request but no response even I wrote to answers@freelotto.com that I have been asking that what is winning entry and when this winning enty procedure will be completed but no details given to me, Now as more than four months have passed when I received mail of freelotto of my pending prize and no confirm result is being given to me always it is said to me upon submission of winning entry prizes will be paid .
    On receipt of this complain letter, I request to freelotto administration department or whom it may concern to reply my question prompt .
    My pin # 136400037

B/Rgds,
    KHOZEMA

8th of Oct, 2008
    Freelotto.comny - suspect fraud
    New Jersey

Hi, I have been trying to cancell membership ( FAST ) with
    " freelotto.com "for some sometime now, but was un-successful
    they continue to ignore all my email requests, they never
    replied to me not even once, so, to all of you experiencing this same problem and I see your complaints online, you must call
    your credit card company and explain the situation, my credit card provider well dispute these chargers for me and credit my account, so you need to do the same.You can also file a complaint with the BBB and with consumer affairs agency, or with consumer protection agency in Washington DC.

Madeline A
    for/ O.Erboga

• Gl
      29th of Oct, 2008

I cannot get hold of Freelotto.com to cancel my subscription

• Mi
      13th of Mar, 2009

keep sending me email say i have won

4th of Apr, 2009

i am simple man looking for money in easy way if u u dont mind send the money i need as soon as possible

i am raouf

4th of Apr, 2009

i win no one send me my money

i win

• Si
      8th of Apr, 2009
    Freelotto Lottery - MY CHEQUE!
    Kenya

They keep teling me Iv won 1million dolars and ask if I have a credit card which I dont so Iv given my postal adress and they are not sending it. They only want a credit card number. I dont have one and Iv told them so. Send me the cheque if you are genuine.
    SIMON GIOCHE
    74710 00200
    NAIROBI
    KENYA.
    +254 723242429

• Mu
      8th of Apr, 2009

dear its a fraud site good that u dont have cr card and if u have never never never ever gige that number--it is an international fraud after some gives the card no they manage to withdraw huge money

• Ba
      12th of May, 2009

a Monsieur le President du conseil excutif benoit street freelotto, il y a 1 mois environ on ma envoyer un email pour me dire que j etais chanceux car avec 200.000, 00e, je pourrai grace a cela de soigner mon fils car il a encore quelque mois a vivre et avec cela il sera soigner a 100%.grace a mon gain.

voila un petit probleme a essayer de resoudre avec vous, car pas de ressources pour regler les frais??et cela me streess car mon fils attends cela pour commencer cette operation.Mr je compte sur votre comprehension.(Draw ID 23996ISSUE DATE/09/11/2008IL Y A PLUSIEURS MOIS J AI RECU UN CHEQUE DE FREELOTTO EN 2008/11/09.CHECK//763482.PAS ENCAISSER.JE COMPTE SUR VOTRE COMPREHENSION .
    PS/SI IL LE FAUX JE ME DEPLACE MAIS SANS RESSOURCES DONC PAS POSSIBLE. SAUF SI MA BANQUE PEU ME PRETER UN DECOUVERT DU MONTANT GAGNER.MERCI A IENTOT.ET N OUBLIER PAS C EST UN ENFANT A SOIGNER ET VIVRE COMME TOUT LE MONDE.BARTIER.L

• Su
      10th of Jan, 2010

yeah, i just got this message to, i really hope it is real, but as youi have it to, my hopes are fading, lol.

• Im
      10th of Jan, 2010

Don't worry guys, i got it too. Here i was thinking that the world was still in a financial crisis. If everyone wins this fake cash we'll all be ok...I think I might use it to sign up people to loan contracts like a bank does with it's imaginary cash (as noted in 'Modern Money Mechanics'), then charge heaps of interest and take their real assets (that they have worked hard for) when they can't pay back the imaginary money...hey if the banks can cheat why can't I??????

• Ki
      14th of Jan, 2010

Yes, I, too received the exact same SMS or txt msg as we call them here in New Zealand, very, very late on Thursday night, 14/01/10.
    If someone had sent the message to say I'd won $20 or even $200, I might believe it, but $2 million, no way. Has anyone actually tried ringing or emailing to find out how to get the money? How does this scam work? There would be no point to sending out all these messages, world-wide, if there was no potential reward for the sender. The calling code and email address are for UK (not Nigeria, this time).
    Shirley.

I received same txt

• Du
    Pni*freelotto Fast Svc Freelotto. Comny - Cancelation
    pierre dubeau
    stmonique
    Québec
    Canada

I canceled my subscription and they still charge me and my visa card

• Li
      2nd of Feb, 2010

I just got that text. Only this time they say to send your name and number to an email address, instead of call. Shouldn't they already know my mobile number if it supposedly won $2 mill? I'm thinking if I were to "claim" it would sign me up on some contract where they steal my money.
    #ihatescams