freelancer.com / john franklin, adneypress@yahoo.com, surajrathod01@gmail.com

i am a member of freelancer. someone chatted and asked my mail id to give a retyping job. i gave my email id. than they said to deposit 17$ to start the job. i paid through paypal to the above email id (1st one) than they sent 25 images to type in to notepad finish it within 4 days. they said they will pay 3$ per page. i did and sent to them. after that no response. they cheated me. i sent many mails to those email id's they didnt even response. the email id which they use John franklin, adneypress@yahoo.com, surajrathod01@gmail.com

Nu
Jan 18, 2016

Comments

• St
      20th of Jan, 2016

Hello Nuzlan,

My name is Steven from Freelancer.com.

We regret to learn your experience with an employer onsite.

Furthermore, we always make sure that we exhaust all avenues in investigating every issue; hence, for an impartial and unbiased conclusion. We may discuss your concern regarding this issue by sending an email to us.

If you are experiencing difficulties, or in need of our help, you may always shoot an email to stevene@freelancer.com.

We are always ready to address all your concerns.

• Am
      14th of Jul, 2017

@StevenE I was contacted by them and this time they contacted me through a ProtonMail account which has it's end to end encryption in a level that's I couldn't trace with my simple experience. It seems they are using different E-mails but always the same perfect money account which I got to this thread through. It's U8528508. The email they used this time was elliedcosta@protonmail.com. These people should be stopped Steven, I see that you've closed the account they contacted me through but that doesnt seem to be enough so maybe you should start considering an IP ban? Thanks for your help

• Su
      9th of Nov, 2017

@StevenE oh, my god, I ve got caught too. they charged me as security deposit 30$. she asked me to send through skrill account. yes they gave 25 pages to type. after receing this 25 pages I sent several emails to her. but no answer.
    her email still working.
    You will deposit the security which is one time payment to start working with us which will be refundable back to you on successfully completion of first lot. If the Typist did not achieve 50% of accuracy or did not submit first lot, he/she will be given one more chance.we are running publishing house based in california, U.S.A. and one of ours publisher is based in India.You will receive the receipt with registration number of ours Publishing House.Refundable security is just for the assurance that you take the work seriously and submit the work always on time whenever the work has been allotted to you as work will be on regular basis, if you want to take break anytime in between, you can take or you can leave in between, there will be no restriction from ours side.This condition has been put up from the client side as Our client is a reputed client based in U.S.A.Phone or chat support will be provided after joining.
    thanks
    You can start working with us by depositing the refundable security of $ 30 USD as per the Plan P1 or $ 50 USD as per the plan P2 or $70 USD as per the plan P3 or $90 USD as per the Plan P4 in ours SKRILL A/C (www.skrill.com) which is martinadcosta@outlook.com or in ours PERFECT MONEY USD a/c (www.perfectmoney.is) which is U8528508. Phone or chat support will be provided once you will join us.You can send the security from yours skrill or neteller or payza or payoneer a/cor paypal a/c or bank wire to ours PERFECT MONEY a/c using any online exchanger like www.classicexchanger.com

skrill account : martinadcosta@outlook.com
    email : stephanie dcosta

• To
      14th of Mar, 2016

Hi,
    Did the issue get resolved ? I just received the same job offer from the same person.

• Er
      17th of Mar, 2016

I received the same offer there... please do something against these people... they're everywhere

• Di
      4th of May, 2016

Same here Thank god I checked it. His email this time was franklinpublications6@gmail.com BE CAREFULL

• Pa
      17th of May, 2016

I got the same and I also so stupid to paid him 47 dollars... His email is franklinpublications6@gmail.com
    Please someone need to to some thing about this guy.

• Pa
      23rd of May, 2016

Thanks a lot Nuzlan. I got same mail before one hour. Thanks a ton for ur complaint.

• As
      31st of May, 2016

I also got a same job offer from same person with same email id.
    Guys please be careful before replying to such emails.

• Gi
      7th of Jun, 2016

Tks guys. I also have receive the same e-mail from franklinpublications6@gmail.com.

• Ni
      29th of Jun, 2016

thank you very much! This morning I recived the same e-mail from "John Franklin"!

• Mz
      30th of Jun, 2016

Same ^^

• Ir
      8th of Jul, 2016

Hi, I just received the same email this morning. The screenshots match. The two emails provided are different though, those being sunnnilbhalla@rediffmail.com and amitkumar821@outlook.com. The freelancer user that contacted me was called payalpandey1.
    Thank you very much for posting this, it prevented me from working for this scam.

• Ga
      13th of Jul, 2016

Thanks you i received the same mail from this guy i saw his blank review

• Ge
      18th of Jul, 2016

Well seem that this guy is still very active. Good thing came across this page else would have fallen for the same scam. Admin pls do something abt this.

• Ci
      25th of Jul, 2016

I received the same message. I decided to google the e-mail provided before doing any deposit.
    I am glad I dit it, because he is not getting a penny from me. Thanks for reporting.
    The message I got states the following:

You can type on ms word also or any other software related to typing you have understood all the things right, You will deposit the security to start working with us which will be refundable back to you after one month. Refundable security is just for the assurance that you take the work seriously and submit the work always on time whenever the work has been allotted to you as work will be on regular basis, if you want to take break anytime in between, you can take or you can leave in between, there will be no restriction from our side.This condition has been put up from the client side as Our client is a reputed client based in U.S.A.
    thanks

You can start working with us by depositing the refundable security of $ 20 USD as per the Plan P1 or $ 32 USD as per the plan P2 or $47 USD as per the plan P3 or $62 USD as per the Plan p4 in our skrill a/c which is sunnnilbhalla@rediffmail.com or in neteller a/c which is amitkumar821@outlook.com (a/c id:451826724092) or in perfect money a/c which is U8528508.Phone or chat support will be provided once you will join us.

Careful with the fraudulent thieves.

• Gi
      27th of Jul, 2016

They're still "working" around. Luckily I checked before I sent any money to them.
    They gave me a funny break, at least: I answered their email to let them know what I thought of them, and this is how they answered:

• Ti
      27th of Jul, 2016

I very stupid i have done the payment. Omg, , , ,

• Ro
      10th of Aug, 2016

I got the same from a mail amitkumar821@outlook.com and franklinpublications6@gmail.com last week. My bad i paid $20 to them via skrill and submitted the work on time. But still no response. Is there any possibility to claim the payment back? Freelancer please help us to prevent from spams like this.

• Mg
      11th of Aug, 2016

Same here.. I just paid $17 and did all their stupid job.. we must do something. Can't their mobile number or paypal account or any account be tracked down.. Many freelancers like us who are seeking for jobs may get trapped in the hope of earning money.

• Mg
      11th of Aug, 2016

Same here.. I paid them $22 and did their stupid work.. we must do something against them.. Can't we track down any of their accounts like paypal, neteller or any accounts? many of freelancers maybe the victim in the future like us

• Kh
      12th of Aug, 2016

Hi
    I recieved this mail today in whicj they are demanding money.
    Kindly do something to check such fradulent elements.

Regards