FreeGasCentral / gasoline purchase refunds

1 14100 Walsingham Road Ste 36 #12Largo, United States Review updated:
Phone: <Info@freegascentral.com>

They have customers send in gas receipts after sending them $5 through paypal. They promise to send you a $25 gas card for every $100 in receipts each month. I followed the directions, and received an email saying "you completed the requirements, please continue sending following the process, and your cards are forthcoming; please do not respond to this email." After sending three months of receipts, I sent correspondence demanding the promised gas cards. To date (5 months later) I have received nothing, including a response. So I can only conclude that they collect all they need in those $5 submissions. I just checked the website and the name has changed to Gas Redemption Services. The name I got scammed under has been reported vigorously. Wow!!!

Free Gas Central
14100 Walsingham Road Ste 36 #12
Largo, Florida

La

Comments

• Ol
      10th of Dec, 2008

I, too, on the behalf of my wife have been having the same run-around experienced by 'Laron'. Repeated emails and phone calls have resulted in zilch. Their server even refuses to accept my emails. My phone calls and all the rigamarole that involves results in my being told by some electronic device that their voice mail box is full. This is outright robbery.

• Li
      12th of Dec, 2008

I also did all they asked since June 2008 (Free Gas Central) and have not seen a penny. I have also called them on numerous occassions checking to see what the delay is. They told me July would be sent in 54 days and that call I made on Sept. 3. August receipts all ok but not sent out yet, and Sept. would be out 54 days also, this call was made on Srpt. 3, 2008. I called the first time in Oct. and said the checks will be mailed. Just don't get it all for $5. I am trying to call again today 12-12-08, see what they have to say. Very frustrating. They get paid by good companies to run this scam.

• Da
      25th of Dec, 2008

i have tried multiple times to receive my vouchers as well and have come up empty handed. I was very disappointed after doing my side of the agreement, this life is too short . Who the "H" do peple think they are. Can you look at yourself in the mirror daily and believe you did the best you could and treated others fairly??? Isn't this ashame!!! We all are just trying to get through this life the best we can!!! VERY FRUSTRATED !!

• On
      3rd of Jan, 2009

My husband and I faithfully monkeyed with this nonsense of getting the voucher, paying the 5 bucks, collecting the receipts and sending them in, receiving confirmation, for all four months...Sept Oct Nov Dec...but got absolutely nothing. Is it possible some people might send in receipts with their entire credit card number showing? Why would a business go through all of this for a mere 5 bucks? Does that make it too small a loss for the attorneys general to go after?
    I've lost too much in the market to be bothered by this loss, though it's the kind of thing that needs prosecuting. It's a scam...but for what? Wasted time and postage...?
    Are the officials on this Complaint Board able to tally numbers and make a request that this be looked into? Who would a person turn to to report such a scheme?

• Be
      4th of Jan, 2009

I went to our local car dealer and took a test drive and was given a free $150.00 voucher and I went through paypal gave my five dollars and have never received anything. Is this what we have to look forward too in the coming years, {getting scammed} it looks like everything is in the favor of the crooks, who are you to trust!!! We need to standup and do something about this and the many other scamms going around. I went to a GMC dealer and also bought a truck, did they have something to do with this?????

• Ca
      6th of Jan, 2009

I also got a certificate for free gas at a car dealer for looking at a new car. Sent my five dollars and haven't heard a word. Not only is this bad for them, but, it doesn't do the car dealers much good either.

• Le
      7th of Jan, 2009

Points to consider:

1. Higher gas prices outside the USA - Residents of other countries to not pay for health care or education. They pay lower taxes, have a different and better financial structure. Sure the gas costs more but get the bigger picture. How many Americans speak numerous languages? Or have a better education than some/most of the European population?!

2. Fuel/Gas/Oil Brokers in the USA - Who disseminates the information to the public about the "truth regarding gas prices huh? The media, the papers, TV, radio, your buddy/friend? Where do they get that information from? This country is responsible for the lowering and raising of gas prices, think about it! The price dropped drastically when the economy was looking/becoming bad. The prices fell off of the shelves when the automotive industry was threatened, before the bail out... Read, educate yourselves. Hell, we elected Bush for a second term and that was really DUMB! Remember how the gas and oil company/broker profits were publicly stated/printed? How they were in the many hundreds of billions of dollars? How they "bragged" about it and pissed the public off and then they stopped. The profits went higher at the expense of American Citizens.
    What ever happened to the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" or Bin Laden? Vanished into thin air as do most of the myths that are created. Bin Laden is free out there and nothing is heard about his whereabouts. Why? Ask the questions, you will not like the answers.
    The prices of gas are going up because the powers that be want to make a greater profit once again. There is no shortage and OPEC has nothing to do with it. It's amazing how a glut of gas is found when needed or that OPEC cooperates so readily with lower prices when the USA is in crisis. Remember ENRON?! Do not forget what has happened in the past and how the past can and will repeat itself. Wake up everyone, smell the coffee, learn, become knowledgeable and answer all of the ridiculous questions that you know you have the answers to. Americans are a bright and hard working people, don't let anyone take that from you!!!

• Tr
      9th of Jan, 2009

We had the same experience as those listed above. What a scam!! These people should be ashamed of themselves!! Thank goodness we didn't lose more than a few postage stamps, five dollars and considerable time!!

• Ca
      10th of Jan, 2009

I also submitted redemption vouchers for two $150.00 gas cards and sent in two $5.00 checks for each and the checks had been cashed back in November and still NO gas cards in return. I'm very disappointed that someone out there scammed so many of us into doing this. I hope they find this person and put him in jail!!

• Go
      23rd of Jan, 2009

Yes, I'm another sucker. The coupon for $100. was given by DODGE/CHRYSLER for a test drive, and we too paid the $5, submitted all
    4 months of gas receipts @ $100 each month, and HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING. I read Florida had filed a complaint, I'm going to check my state Illinois and see where they stand.

Does anyone know who is behind this? Gas redemption must be in cahoots with the businesses giving out the coupons. What do the businesses say? I'm emailing DODGE/CHRYSLER, as this doesn't look good for them at all, especially if they want to sell cars.

• Ig
      28th of Jan, 2009

I to have had the same luck (unluck) as the above people. I donated my car and received a $500 voucher. I paid $5 on paypal and sent in the receipts. Can you guess what came in the mail, thats right zero, zip. I to hope that this person is put in jail and maybe Paypal sould stop helping with this scam.

• Ju
    Largo
    Florida
    Phone: 800-514-0366
    gasolineredemption.com

Coupons were given out at a seminar to get vouchers for gasoline of the brand of our choice - as incentive to attend the seminar. I have done all required to qualify - and there has never been a payment - I suspect it has all been a sham from the beginning.

• Cr
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I'm with all of you!! out the $5. and a lot of time and effort! I would think that the gas companies that were supporting this would/should be responsible for letting this get out of hand. Think we need to do something-but what - I don't know:( Anybody got any ideas?

11th of Feb, 2009

I am in the same sinking boat as all of you. It grates me to no end that these people took advantage of me and my wife. We went to a presentation that lasted 90 minutes on Sept.8, 2008 and decided not to take advantage(?) of whatever they were talking about. We were given the $300 Free Gas certificate that would take forever to get AND airfare plus hotel for two to any major USA airport and a free car rental for a week! What rip off! I have followed the directions for the gas card(sent in $100 of gas receipts to earn $25 gift card for the last four months). I have not received a thing! Yesterday I called the phone number and got a recording that the number was invalid and to try later. What do we do? Is a class action suit an idea? I know one item I'll address. The place that let these yokels do their presentation will hear from me very shortly.

12th of Feb, 2009

i too was scammed by these people.. my wife & i sat for 90 minutes and listened to a presentation about buying a travel package.. did not interest us. we recieved 12 vouchers, and told to send in $100 worth of gas reciepts per month -we would be sent 12 $25.00 gift cards... as of 2.12.09 we have recieved nothing.. sent in necessary voucher & gas reciepts for 4 months.. called florida 4 times.. 3 times talked to a person and given a promise "it's in the mail".. the 4th time was today to find out their phones are shut off... this is definately a scam and i would love to be part of a class action suit against these people... THEY BELONG IN JAIL!!!

• Fr
      13th of Feb, 2009

I just got off the phone with FreeGasCentral and it sounds to good to be true. Anyway, You can speak with a person. I spoke with Kayla ID # 0059. For those of you that are in the process of dispute call this number below and get any information that the fraud departments want to ensure payment. Please use the website as well below to gather all the necessary information to protect us all against possible fraud.

1-727-536-7744

• Ha
      16th of Feb, 2009

Again, same story, different person. Doing the redemption thing since August 2008, and no cards. Same vacation package presentation... la de dah. I JUST called the telephone number listed in the previous message and it is "no longer in service or disconnected". Big surprise. Their website even posted the number with the claim that they are trying to resolve any disputes and improve customer relations. Hiding their head in the sand isn't really effective customer service. I've been calling these criminals since November, and haven't spoken to a human since mid December. Good luck to all of you.

And can someone remove the political ramblings from "Learning the Hard Way". This is a serious issue to all of us who are getting shafted by a fraudulent company, and we don't need our forum molested by some crackpot political group.

• Mr
    FreeGasCentral - DID NOT RECIEVE ANY GAS CARDS
    FREEGASCENTRAL
    14100 Walsingham,FL 33774
    Largo,Fl 33774
    Nevada
    Phone: 1-800-514-0366
    FreeGasCentral.com

I would for them to send me my gift cards, because I sent in November and December recipts and did not get any thing I think that was wrong if I don't recieve my Gift Cards I'm going to Channel 13 news. I think you should be put in Jail for taking people's money. If I have my way I will press Charges on you fore taking my $5.00 Dollars. Also I want my $5.00 Dollars back. MRS D.MCMILLIAN

• Co

WHAT????
    You expected something for nothing and didn't get it!
    YOU should be the one in jail... for abject stupidity.

• Lo
      16th of Feb, 2009

i have been sending in vouchers for gas since oct 2008 and have never recieved any cards i got 500.00 free gas from buying furniture at oak express what a rip off this free gas is took my 5.00 and never can get a straight answer from them now there phones are disconnected what a scam they are...
    loretta gish