FreeDownloadZone.com / What have I paid for?

1 Scone, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

The company advertises free download of AVG but on their page you have to pick options as to whether you will have 1, 2 or 3 year support package that you need to pay before they allow you to download the program. Then just before you pay they add extra charges again.

When I subsequently try to get to their website I fail to hook into their website. What have I paid for?

I would like my money back as all I wanted was to download a free version of AVG and now I have been lumbered with charges to do this.

Comments

• Ro
      27th of Dec, 2007
    Free Download Zone` - Free download for AGV but charged on my debit card!
    Free Download Zone`
    540 6th Av West
    Owen Sound
    Nunavut
    Canada
    Phone: 519-372-0274

I applied for a free down load from AGV and have been charged a total of 84.08 four different charges the same day, and can not figger out what it is for.

30th of Jan, 2008

I too have suffered a similar fate. Was accessing free software, and was charged 4 seperate fees

3rd of Apr, 2008

Since I have had freedownload.com I have been having problems. My AVG 7.5 still has a red indicator???
    When I call Ref#s 351964, 370935 and 374221 the service want me to tell them what is wrong. I lost my ROXIO CD burner. What are you doing to help?
    I was billed twice and was told one would be removed it wasn't and when I called to get it removed I was charge $9.95 for your mistake!
    I am trapped for three years with you?
    I will not reccomend your service .
    CJJansky

• St
      29th of Jul, 2008

Please cancel my subscription to freedownload zone, I have been trying for months to cancel my visa payment and would appreciate you attend this as soon as possible.

• Cr
      30th of Jul, 2008

DOES THIS COMPANY EXIST, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, UNABLE TO LOG ON, EXTRA CAHRGES
    WE NEED TO TRACK THEM DOWN

I NEED MY REFUND

THANKS

• Al
      7th of Aug, 2008

i ask for and paid for by master card.i received confirmation of the charge, i opened up the programme shown .i was amazed to find that i would be unable to use the fascilities as they were all for the windows xp and i use windows vista.so now i am left with a programme which is no good for me.tell me what is the answer

• Li
      30th of Nov, 2008

I downloaded Nero 9 and I have a lot of problem.
    1. The price is higher than indicated.
    2. I can't open it even if I asked many times to the support.
    3. I will cancel my credit card to be sure they don't take any money no more.
    4. If you want Nero, please it's better to do with another place.
    5. Never, never I will buy something with them

• Li
      30th of Nov, 2008

I take off this Nero of my computer and I want a refund of my money. They are not serious, and the service is very bad.

PLEASE READ COMMENTS BEFORE TO BUY SOMETHING OF THEM.

• Da
      1st of Apr, 2009

Hi,
    I have recently been through 'exactly' what Scone from New South Wales, Australia have been been through only 5 days ago.. I was looking for the Free Version of AVG Anti Virus which just wont download unless I make a choice of 3 options which all costs money.

I chose option 1 which is £9.99 per year for 3 years however when I requested a mini Bank Statement I notice a 'Huge' DR Debit of £80.50 from my Bank Account, I then went into my Bank to find out who took this money, they then gave me the name freedownloadzone.com.

My Bank was nice enough to give me their Telephone number.. in the meantime.. I did not even get a Receipt from them. nor any contact details but, the Anti Virus was very much 'active'.
    I then contacted AVG Technologies who told me "these people are an 'Unathorized Agent' and I should get in touch with them and get my money back", I did inquire about whether there is 'Free Version' of AVG and they replied "Yes" so, why should these 'bogus' people be allowed to sell another firm's product and make money on top of it.. and AVG Technologies cannot do anything about it, they seem unresponsive on this matter.

Anyway, when I rang freedownloadzone.com who did offer me my money back after I attacked them, but.. they then offered me £50.00 back.. and offered me £29.95 for Lifetime.. which I agreed.. I just hope it all goes well and I do not have any more problems with Anti Virus for the 'rest of my Life' .. does it sound genuine?

Many Thanks
    Dan

7th of Jun, 2009

Hello,

I’ve used online for banking, emailing, purchasing and downloading etc. since 1982, by means then of Prestel’s system, long before the Internet arrived. Yet throughout my 27 years of online use to date, never once have I experienced what appears to be an outright con, where they’ve taken the unauthorized sum of £37.64 from my credit card.

I was a fully paid AVG member, but as its membership was soon ending and it had let a Trojan Horse through its protection, I decided not to renew last week and chose different anti-virus software. After reading others comments here, I’m now wondering if an AVG download was the cause of helpmedownload.com gaining access and charging my card.

Despite today as a 76 year old disabled relying on 24/7 oxygen plus angina nitro, my brain power is as sharp as it ever was. So how this company managed to get the money from my account leaves me both astonished and extremely angry. I’ll not rest until they credit my card with the full £37.64.

John

• Mi
      10th of Jun, 2009

i need my refund fromfreedownload.com.this was a big mistake.do not want this subscription.thanks

• Mi
      10th of Jun, 2009

i need my refund.this was done by mistake i do not need this subscription.didn't really know what i was doing.thanks

17th of Jun, 2009

On seeing today's message offering help from a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com, I thought to click on their address and was surprisingly taken to a long list of helpmedownload.com members, all whom apparently reside in the Phillippines.

Their number was extraordinary, as it had 45 of them named on a page of which there were 16 pages.

So would their customer service representative kindly explain whether they are all paid up members of helpmedownload.com? As if they are, why are no members from any other country listed, bearing in mind the number of people (including myself) who have complained about being charged for annual membership.

As to my situation, after complaining to them, they finally agreed to credit the money back to my card. However, to date, only the annual fee and one month's charge has shown up as a credit, so I'm waiting for the final month which they must still repay.

Thanks
    John

18th of Jun, 2009

How many users have had their email addresses fraudulently copied by others? As I'm finding this to be far more common than it once was.

One example today was sent to my mailbox by a Shaun Ofeqjahu who used my address, first registered in 1999. As Ofeqjahu was advertising on behalf of The Canadian Pharmacy, I tried sending a message to that company in order to complain.

But guess what, no matter what route you attempt to take in order to send The Canadian Pharmacy a message or an email, you are landed you back to their drugs home page, even though it has areas of 'contact us' clearly indicated.

Nowhere can you contact them on anything other than an automated drugs order, so I would give The Canadian Pharmacy a wide berth in future. Whilst I'd appreciate any comments from others whose addresses, like mine, have been fraudulently used.

John Brown

19th of Jun, 2009

Hi John,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com and I apologize for any incovenience.

I just want to inform you that helpmedownload.com is our Merchant and that is also the website wherein you can get the information on how to get in touch with us, through our Toll Free Number or through Web-Chat.

But it is good to know that you were able to reach us and the issue was resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, you can contact us anytime you want, we are open 24/7. Or you can send as an email to support@helpmedownload.com.

Regards,

helpmedownload.com

15th of Jul, 2009

*********HELPMEDOWNLOAD.COM IS A CON*************
    ********FREEDOWNLOADZONE.COM IS A CON***********

DO NOT use or go through this site for any free downloads!

What they do is bootleg free software such as Avast Home, AVG, Nero, MP3Player and try to fob it off as a gold membership with 1 or 3 years subsciption something like that.

What your really paying for is a subsciption for support on free software even though Avast, AVG, Nero, MP3Player support is free from their own sites.

Avast condemn this as fraudulant activity look at what they say about it. www.avast.com/eng/fraudulent-sales-of-avast-products.html

Hope this helps if unlike me you've not already fallen victim.

Samboy

15th of Jul, 2009

Hello,

I am a customer support representative of helpmedownload. I do apologize for this. I understand that you are thinking that we are a fraudulent website, but we are not. Having those customers who are not aware of their charges are quite alarming that's why we are happy to resolve every issue for you.

You can call us anytime.

HELPMEDOWNLOAD.COM
    US Phone Support 1-800-978-7657
    UK Phone Support 0808 238 0026
    AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: www.onlinechat.helpmedownload.com for online chat support. Or you can send an email to support@helpmedownload.com

Our Operations is available 24/7.

16th of Jul, 2009

*********HELPMEDOWNLOAD.COM ARE FRAUDS*************
    ********FREEDOWNLOADZONE.COM ARE FRAUDS***********

If this is so how come your outfit will not refund the FULL AMOUNT.

I contacted support@helpmedownload.com and they try and screw you everyway they can. The refunds take 15-20 working days to give your money back!! but it sure as hell was a lot quicker coming off my card.

Like most on here I'm still awaiting the bigger amount in refunds, but i've had it with these crooks. Call the bank and claim fraudulent use, let them chase it as they will inform the correct authority.

Samboy

18th of Jul, 2009

Hello Samboy,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and for your negative experience. Regarding this, we are more than happy to resolve your issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

HELPMEDOWNLOAD.COM
    US Phone Support 1-800-978-7657
    UK Phone Support 0808 238 0026
    AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290

Our Operations is available 24/7.

• As
      12th of Jul, 2010

i do not want this product.