FreeDownloadZone / False advertising

Australia Review updated:

The company advertises free download of AVG but on their page you have to pick options as to whether you will have 1, 2 or 3 year support package that you need to pay before they allow you to download the program. Then just before you pay they add extra charges again which are in small print that I wasn't quick enough to pick up.

When I subsequently try to get to their website a games site comes on and nowhere is there a space for the ID that I got to access subsequent downloads. What have I paid for?

I would like my money back as all I wanted was to download a free version of AVG and now I have been lumbered with charges to do this.

More FreeDownloadZone Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ma
  27th of Nov, 2007
Ive been mislead into believing I was getting free downloads and was billed four times almost 100 dollars.
Wa
  8th of Dec, 2007
I have tried to cancel by telephone. The line is always busy so I have to keep paying for something I do not use. What do I do?
Br
  20th of Dec, 2007
I want to cancell my membership but cant get any answer by phone please help.
Ro
  31st of Jan, 2008
I called 1-888-436-5129 and after waiting (and listening to an annoying message about my important call) I finally was answered by Zain - who listened to me complain about FreeDownloadZone and cancelled the recurring charge. He was unable (or unwilling) to refund the original charges and was unable (or unwilling) to provide me with an email address to send a writtem complaint. Instead he suggested I respond to the billing email I received - even though it states "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL". This I have done.
Pa
  12th of Feb, 2008
I am having similar problems regarding the hidden additonal charges and the false advertising. After reading the many complaints, I intend to lodge a formal complaint with the FTC and my Representative and Senator. These clowns must be stopped.
Mr
  27th of Feb, 2008
As many of the other commpainents did I too simply clicked on to the free anti virus ware but only for the £9.98 one year subscription. What i got was no spy ware and a bill for over £75.
There is no one at the other end of the telephone when i ring to complain. My only hope now is that the credit card company will refund my money.

These people should be shut down if they cant run there company in a fare and honest way.
Ol
  20th of Mar, 2008
I cant take off avg!!! i need information
Ri
  26th of Mar, 2008
same as above. can't get a free copy of avg programs
  26th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Hello,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and for your negative experience. Regarding this, we are more than happy to resolve your issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: www.onlinechat.helpmedownload.com for online chat support. Or you can send an email to support@helpmedownload.com

Our Operations is available 24/7.
Ma
  14th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Helpmedownload and freedownloadzone is the same, they are scammers! Never register on this website or if you already did. Call your bank and file a fraud/unauthorized charge!
Mo
  27th of Sep, 2010
freedownloadzone.com is a scam. When I signed up on the site I agreed to be charged the $19.95 for the access fee but when I looked at my bank statement there was actually a charge for $30.26. When I called to inquire as to the charges I was informed there was an "international fee". Nowhere on ANY of the web pages did it say there was an international fee. I asked if they could produce something that showed that I was informed of this and they said "NO". Wow, I am amazed at some of the things that people get away with these days. To me this is just like robbery. I intend to make a fraud complaint with my bank and I suggest that noone use this site!!!
  16th of Oct, 2010
Hello momsemmy1,

I am a customer service representative of FreeDownloadZone.Com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Regarding the charges that you got, we will be more than happy to resolve the issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: www.helpmedownload.com.com for online chat support.
Our operations is available between: 05:00 to 17:00 PST (08:00 to 20:00 EST)
Br
  18th of Oct, 2010
I dont even know how this company got any of my info, I am in Iraq and we cant even download anything on these computers here, so why would I buy something from a download sit, and my wife never even seen the web site before, bunch of crap going on. I want my dam money back. They charged me 30 bucks.
  23rd of Oct, 2010
Hello brodyl05,

I am a customer service representative of HelpMeDownload.Com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Regarding the charges that you got, we will be more than happy to resolve the issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

Our Operations is available form 8AM to 8 PM EST
Su
  29th of Mar, 2011
I never ordered this and charges just showed up on bank statement.
Ad
  3rd of Nov, 2011
I never order freedownloadzone.com Jersey. So can you please stop taking out $9.95 from my bank account, as of today. Thank you.
Ad
  3rd of Nov, 2011
Ne
  14th of Jan, 2012
I never order freedownloadzone. So can you please stop taking $9.97 from my bank account, as of today and how did you get my account .# Thank you