Freedom Mortgage / h4h program & pmi

1 2846 Rainbow StreetBrook Park, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3206793402

Freedom Mortgage/Loancare Services is on the HUD website for the Federal Program Hope 4 Homeowners. Yet they are totally uncooperative in qualifying people for the program. They also are charging me over $180.00 per month for PMI private mortgage insurance. Even though the going rate is $50.00 per month. I have asked ever since my loan was taken over by them why it is so high? I have also told them four months ago that I would be laid off well before it happened. Yet they would not work with me on my monthly payments. So for the last four months I now have late charges and my credit score is going down each month. They only responded one time to my complaints but have done nothing, and that person will not respond since that phone call.

Comments

• Do
      28th of Aug, 2009

I totally agree. I put in for a loan modification back in April. They have told me many times that it would take up to 90 days for an answer, and yet now they tell me that there has been no action since June. Voice mail boxes are full and when you do leave a message, there is no response from anyone! I am so sick of these people I am ready to walk away from my loan and take everything of value from the house on the way out!

• Tx
      6th of Jan, 2010

This is why our economy is going to crash once again. ACCOUNTABILITY..ACCOUNTABILITY.. Why are they in business after all of the headaches and incompetence, THE AMERICAN DREAM IS DISAPPEARING!!! Because of people running businesses like this. My fellow soldiers fighting/dying overseas for the freedom of these people? We have financial terrorrist in our own back yard, and are protected by our own laws from being accounted for their bad business practice. Why are we allowing this to happen? Its only a matter of days, months, maybe a year for us to make these businesses accountable after another crash.
    I have been dealing with them through Flagship Financial since October 09, thru January 6, 2010. I was scheduled to close on a Streamline VA Refinancing at the end of November, then beginning of December, then middle of December, then 20something, then 4th January 2010, as you can tell it hasn't happened. They have been very incompetent in the process, incorrect numbers on paperwork, three times. Now that the lock-in on interest have expired they want me to pay a buy down fee(money in their pockets). All of this being their fault, and passing the cost on to me???!!! I could go more on details, but why when they will not be held accountable for all of this. I am pretty sure one of them are reading these comments, maybe, if they are smart enough, but they might be too busy ripping people off, and crashing the American Dream..DON'T USE THEM!!!Good Luck to the previous victims. Things have to change>>>> I will keep you posted.