Freedom Lending / Home purchase gone bad

1 Omaha, NE, United States Review updated:

I purchased a home that was way over priced (for sale by owner)and used the lending company, Freedom Lending. I felt pressured through the whole process but I also still trusted these gentleman. Aaron Peck and Bobby Massey at Freedom Lending did not have my best interest in mind. Only what was going to benefit them. I'm a single mother of two children and this was my first home purchase. I should have never went into this without consulting my family. I was an easy prey for them to make a sale. I didn't receive any of the perks of a first time home owner. I never had any intention of paying the first months mortgage because I realized (after the papers were signed) I could not afford it. Aaron Peck who was the owner I bought the house from and also works at Freedom Lending offered to make my first months mortgage payment. (That's odd) I of course declined but later found that not only was the first mortgage paid but the second one also. I never made a payment.

I was an individual who had excellent credit and now my credit is going to be horrible.

When I contacted the Mortgage Company and explained the situation to the supervisor (Bob Kacir, at Flagstar Bank)he said he would get back to me but he's failed to do so. When I would call I would get the run around of "he's not available" This is the hardest lesson learned, but it's opened my eyes to not trust anyone.

Va

More Freedom Lending Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Tr
      17th of Feb, 2009

You can't blame the mortgage company for this. You still signed all the paperwork & should have taken the time to evaluate your financial situation prior to closing as to whether or not you could afford the payment. Ultimately you are the only one that can make that decision. That's part of the problem with our county right now is the consumer not wanting to take blame for anything but push it off on to somebody else.