Freedom Health / Cannot reach health provider

1 Ocala, FL, United States Review updated:

So far this year I have had none of my medical problems taken care of. First I have a thick film forming under 1 of my implants after cataract surgery. Unable to drive at night or read without blocking bad eye. Opthomologist says Freedoms criteria is too high to take care of this now. Hopefully in 3 months I will meet their criteria. I am unable to lift my left arm above chest level without a great deal of pain (so just never do it). Doctor took x-rays and called for an MRI. Was supposed to done today. Just got a call from lab that so far Freedom has not approved procedure so must cancel MRI. I have been trying to reach Freedom for 2 days now. On hold for 1/2 hr. when someone answered they lost connection. Called again. 1/2 hr. wait to have phone do fast beeping sound. Ditto for today. Impossible to reach them. Shame on you Freedom, you started out great and I convinced a lot of people to join you. Those people will probably not be talking to me this year.

Va

Comments

5th of Jan, 2009

I find that hard to believe because their rule can not be any higher than Medicare. It appears that your docor is not doing his job because he would have to a redo for nothing.

4th of Feb, 2009

Are you kidding me, HMO are the Healthcare from hell. That is why I preffer Basic medicare, I don't need anyone approval when I need a doctor. Your health is way to important to be playing with plan who only care to collect money from you. Medicare should not allow these type of company to hook you up for a year, while they deny services, and you still have to pay for them

• Xj
      4th of Jan, 2012

I agree with the statement that Freedom is worried about the bottom line, or your money and how much you should be paying. I don't know if many of you take a lot of prescription drugs like me, and one of them is very expensive (not my choice) but they realized after paying for them in 2011, that they should change the tier on these expensive drugs even though they are generic and should remain a tier 1. But they changed them to a tier 2 which makes us pay more when we get into the donut hole.
    So many of you on Freedom should check to see what your drugs are this year, because if they changed the tier on your prescriptions like they did on mine, you will be paying more this year. Calling Medicare won't help either because they don't have a clue, I was even told by one of them that these HMO companies are supposed to be saving us money if we are on these plans instead of it costing us more. Who's kidding who?

• Un
      12th of May, 2015

Yea, put on hold (often upto 40 minutes and then ‘lost connections’. Even when they are ‘passing you up the ladder’ the next person has to ask you the same dumb security questions. One time I called only asking for their fax number, and guess what, they could not give out unless I passed the security questions.

Jan 2014 I had to fax their pharmacy my ‘trip itinerary’ so I could get a ‘vacation supply’ for meds, and they did not have it (1 hour on the phone), then had the local pharmacy fax it, and still they did not get it. In fact they ‘stated’ that I was lying that I had sent it. Another time my doctor’s office was trying to get an authorization for medical equipment, and it took them and me over 4 weeks. During the time, Freedom kept contending that the dr’s office was using the wrong form, and when the nurse asked if they would fax the correct form for them to use, they were informed it was the dr’s responsibility to have the correct forms, , not Freedom’s, Anyhow, after the nurses spent over 10 hours on the home, , they got the right form in, and it took Freedom only 15 minutes to deny…As I now pay 25 cents a minute for telephone calls, I cannot afford to call them any more, , Will be sending certified letters from now on.

• Fl
      8th of Mar, 2016

I was informed by my primary care doctor that she was told by Freedom than I could only see my neurologist 1 time a year and that she just needed to refill my scripts. I have parkinsons and it is a progressive debilitating disease. She is a general care and does not know how to treat parkinsons. I was seeing my neurologist 4 times a year. Another example of them watching the bottom line so as not to pay the specialist. Denying care when it is needed. My last primary care dropped Freedom because of this type of interference in care. It was hard to find another company that all my doctors took to keep him as he was a very good primary care doctor.

• Ra
      8th of Apr, 2016

I found out the hard way freedom is no dam good don't make the same mistake I did come first of the year they are gone when I have to go to there doctor to go see my specialist that ant going to be I let that dam women in Summerfield FL soft soap me now I am paying 37 dollars a month cause I did not have a drug plan I don't use them why do I want one freedom health sucks I will be going back to AARP"S plan I never should of left it the reason I did was I was told it would coast less and I would get my 104.00 back from social security

• Jr
      18th of Oct, 2017

They waste too much time and money! I get non-essential letters in the mail at least 3 X a week from Freedom + 2 phone calls (I've blocked every number they have used) and they are generated by I don't know what. You haven't seen your doctor in the last 3 months - but if you have please ignore this call. You haven't refilled your medicine - next day letter with my pharmacy costs. They want me to go online to check benefits, etc. but then they persist in killing trees with unnecessary mail, plus the cost of mailing. And the robo calls drive me insane - Saturday night, Sunday all day, morning, afternoon, and evening during the week (including 11 PM!).
    I find them to be inefficient, rude, and fraudulent with Medicare's/MY money. I think for the next 6 months I'm going to save all the mailings and return them to Freedom and notify the attorney General of Florida of the nuisance calls.