Freedom Boat Club, Charleston / Stole my profit during a sale

1 Charleston, SC, United States Review updated:

I allowed the owners of the Charleston boat club (aka Freedom Boat Club franchise) to handle the sale of my membership. It was a cash transaction. After the sale, where I was supposed to receive over $3, 000, they sent me a check for $675. I complained and complained and finally got almost my balance. They kept back nearly $700 for some sort of fee. When I called the owner to discuss this with him (Phil) he said the reason he can't give me all my profit is b/c they weren't expecting to "REFUND" me that much money, even though they agreed to waive that fee for a cash sale. I don't know why they did it, maybe they are having a hard time financially. A similar thing happened in the Ft. Lauderdale boat club (aka Freedom Boat Club). Never let anyone handle your money. Check out [redacted].com where you'll find both reports filed. I'd say it's theft! Taking them to small claims court.

Su

Comments

• Wd
      17th of May, 2011

It does not suprise me that someone experienced this type problem with Freedom Boat Club in Charleston. I have been a member for 3 years and it has been nothing but trouble. Very difficult to get a reservation. When you do get a reservation the equipment is very suspect. They have changed or canceled my reservations no less that 6 times. I have had 3 different breakdowns and have only used the boats 8 times over the last year. I would definately reccomend staying away from this club.