Freedom Banc Mortgage Services / Awful company

Freedom Banc Mortgage Services
This mortgage broker originates loans in several states. Their telemarketers solicit customers by telephone and ask for their date of birth to confirm they are speaking to the correct person. Then they pull the customer's credit without permission.

If you are contacted by this company be very careful. I worked for this company for approximately 3 months and witnessed many illegal activities. Here's one example: My long time customer Susan T. applied for a refinance loan. It took three months to get here loan approved. Finally her closing was scheduled for Friday February 27, 2009 at 3:00PM. The broker did not get her paperwork done in time so at 8PM they asked me to reschedule her closing for 2/28/09.

On the 28th the closing took place in the client's home. There was a representative from the title company (which is part owned by Freedom Banc and Mr. Harris). I knew immediately that fraud was taking place because the title agent informed both myself and Susan T. that the documents had to be signed, dated and notorized for Friday 2/27/09. Ms. Tucker did not understand that this was a violation of Federal lending laws from both the mortgage broker and the settlement agent. I brought the concern to my supervisor and he told me not to worry about it. This was common practice and if I complained I would be responsible because I was the originating loan officer. Mr. Harris even threatened me and used abuse language in front of my co-workers. Upon the funding of Ms. T's loan I learned that the taxes and insurance we're paid twice by mistake (overcharged escrow). The title agent told Ms. T. she would receive a refund on the over paid taxes. In addition, the homeowner's insurance policy was paid twice as well.

Fact is, Ms. T never received the tax refund. The title company misrepresented itself and deceived Ms. T. In addition, Ms. T's closing costs exceeded $10, 000.00 AND additional title fees we're charged at the last minute and we're not properly disclosed prior to settlement. This is called a RESPA violation. Be cautious in dealing with this company.

More Freedom Banc Mortgage Services Complaints & Reviews

Plus Freedom Banc Mortgage Services - Customer Service [12]

D  12th of Jun, 2009 by
This complaint was actually written by Michael Champer and nearly all is a lie. If you have any interest in hearing Mike Champer beg for money not owed to him we have recordings and emails as he stumbles through a mixture of threats and pleadings for money he never earned. This is his spineless, cowardly attack on someone who refused to be extorted.
A  7th of Oct, 2010 by
I agree with Michael Champer. The same crap is happening to me now. I wish there could be some action taken on Mr. Harris and this company. Freedom banc owes me $1700
A  20th of Oct, 2010 by
I also worked for this company. HORRIBLE COMPANY!!! Steve Harris is the worst human being I have ever met! Psychologically unstable. He would beat his mother and stomp on her to get to a dollar bill on the other side of the street. He stole thousands of dollars from me and I was very excited to see that he lost his broker license.