FreecreditReport.com / ###!!!!

They offered me a credit report for one dollar and ended up racking up over 100 dollars in charges to my checking account. All I wanted was to pay a dollar and to get one copy of my credit report and without my authorization signed me up for a trial membership for services I never used.

Then they continued to charge my card every month after that. When I called them for a refund they refused to refund my money for an account that I never once logged into. They advertise that its free to look at my credit report yet I couldnt even look at my credit report without giving them my credit card number. This website is a scam.

Trenton, NJ 08620

Comments

• Gl
      Sep 23, 2007

About three months ago, I saw an ad on TV for a free credit report. I went to web site, filled in information they requested, never received a credit report. Last month I noticed a charge on my credit card statement for $12.95 from CIC Triple Advantage. I thought it was something my wife had charged. Today, our credit card bill arrived, and there was another charge for this month.
    I do not understand what the monthly charge is for, I haven't received a credit report, nor used their services.

Sep 23, 2007

Search under CIC Triple Advantage and check out all the complaints!

• Da
      Mar 03, 2008
    Freecreditreport.com - Unauthorized billing!
    www.FreeCreditReport.com

Help I'm getting charged on my card for a dam Credit Report that i ask for first it was a dollar and now it's $11.95. Help someone please what do i do... Who do i call to make this stop.

• Al
      Mar 03, 2008

Look on the back of your credit card, there should be a number, t ell them you want to dispute the charge, and any future charges that they attempt.

I actually have to do that myself tomorrow, cuz I just checked my account and they've charged me.

•   Mar 08, 2008

I was interested in getting a 'free credit report' and decided to use freecreditreport.com. Unfortunately, i didn't read the small print in which it says 'unless you call this toll free number and unsubscribe within the first 30 days of checking your credit report, you will be charged $14.95.' so, when i was charged the FIRST time ($14.95) i went back to the site, saw the fine print, read it and kicked myself for making such a stupid mistake. I then, called the toll free number provided and spoke to a woman that i could barely understand (it was literally hindering our communication) for about 20 minutes. I told her that i wanted to cancel my account and that i no longer wanted to be charged for their services. She proceeded to look my account up while i was on the phone with her and informed me that my credit report had been 'updated' and she suggested that i get online and check the recent changes before i ended my subscription. I firmly told her no, and that i didn't care what was updated, that i would no longer be needing their services and to unsubscribe me. I made it clear that any further charges to my account would be unauthorized by me.

Yet, here i am one month later and my account has been charged $14.95 AGAIN. Should i just call them again? should i call my bank? This 'company' is ripping people of left and right! I know that i should have read the small print and i am willing to take responsibility for the first charge to my account, but after going through the hassle of calling them and still being charged is really ridiculous!

• Am
      Mar 11, 2008
    Freecreditreport.com - Scam charges!
    www.FreeCreditReport.com

Free Credit Report.com kept charging my credit card when I called three times to cancel. I finally had to cancel my credit card to get the charges stopped. Just think if they do this to 100, 000 people or 1, 000, 000 - a very lucrative business.

Apr 11, 2008
    Freecreditreport.com - Charged 14.95 on card!
    24mainst. apt c
    Lebanon
    New Hampshire
    www.FreeCreditReport.com

I did the free creditreport.com and have been charged 14.95 on my credit card i am contacting my bank to stop payment.

• Ra
      May 02, 2008
    Freecreditreport.com - unauthorised charges
    FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM
    New York

I paid one time fee to get free credit report after the started charging every month $14.95 from past two months without my knowledge. This is not right no one ready to help.
    FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM SO MUCH OF FREE CREDIT REPORT.

• Ar
      May 02, 2008

Same thing happened to me. On top of that, they sold my information to another company that showed up as "Rewards" and a phone number on my credit statement. They took $15 each month and "Rewards" took $5. Called the number and they said I had signed up for this on their website, which was false. Took another month to get them to stop charging, had the charges rejected through my bank. FreeCreditReport.com is fraudulent.

Sep 14, 2008
    Freecreditreport.com - Non consistant credit scores with Advantage Credit.com pulled the same day!

My husband and I are stuck! Our credit report was pulled yesterday by a lender using the Advantage software system for credit bureau reporting. We compared Advantage to Freecreditreport.com and our scores with Advantage were lower by 5-8%. Which is more accurate Advantage or Freecreditreport.com? Has anyone else had this problem with Freecredit.com?

•   Oct 08, 2008
    Freecreditreport.com - Scam and fraud
    freecreditreport.com

Beware of getting your FREE report, their commercials are cute but their policies are designed to trick you into paying $19.95 per mo. if you don't call & cancel in 7days. Their stats show that 60% take 6mos. to get around to cancelling - BIG BUCKS STOLEN! I called the 1st day and they enrolled me not cancelled me in the Triple Play for $24.95.An honest business doesn't need to trick you into staying, they serve you into staying.

• Ba
      Oct 31, 2008

I am horrified that I tried the site about half and hour ago and got my credit score and immediately tried to cancel. The website for MNI seems to be nonexistent!! I cannot connect with anything to let them know that I want to cancel. WHAT can I do?

I would appreciate anyone who has suggestions and sends me an email with same. I am terrified that my "vital statistics" are out somewhere in scam land!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    Barbara Berelowitz

•   Nov 05, 2008

Checked out free credit report online for $1.00 and learned too late it was junk. Couldn't cancel because of no where to go online or no one to talk with regarding cancellation. They charged my check card 2 times resulting in an overdraft on my account and costing me money I don't have. No wonder people have bad credit with companies like this! They Need To Pay!

• Am
      Nov 13, 2008
    Freecreditreport.com - Scammers
    Freecreditreport.com
    22113 94th Ave E
    Graham
    Washington
    freecreditreport.com

I found out that the only way to cancel your membership for freecreditreport.com is to call [protected]. Be advised that they will try for about 30 minutes to give you discounts and other advantages to keeping your membership. They have billed me for two months already on what was supposed to be a free repot. They are a scam.

•   Nov 18, 2008

Experian and Free Credit Report dot com have conspired to trick people into a so called free credit report. They give you ONE and then you have 7 days to cancel or they start charging your credit card on a monthly basis.

Even though they tell you a number of times that you must cancel, it is very vague and deceptive. Most people forget to cancel within the 7 day trial period and they usually get hit 2 or 3 times before they know what happened.

There needs to be a notification rewired by this kind of trick marketing scheme that your trial period is now over and you are going to be charged if you don't cancel. This is a deceptive trade practice and it needs to stop.

• La
      Nov 18, 2008

Complain to the Federal Trade Commission

Dec 08, 2008

Used freecreditreport.com for using credit services but they required a small fee. The problem is they used that fee and continued to debit out of the credit card for months even when asked to stop payment. Freecreditreport.com tells you that will not charge you and when you tell them about the debiting on your credit card, they do not reserve the fees. If you ask them about returning fees, they won't credit you back.

The only way to get your money back is contact the bank. I think freecreditreport.com is a ripoff as they debit money out of your account but also they do not like to refund your money back.

• Co
      Jan 27, 2009
    Freecreditreport.com - Money charge
    Freecreditreport.com
    14 Snowflower lane
    Willingboro
    New Jersey
    Phone: [protected]

I went on Freecreditreport.com and signed up for a free membership. It said something about obtaining all 3 credit bureau reports, but when I saw that it cost money I didn't want it. On January 27, 2009, I see a charge for 14.95 for something I didn't order.

• Ro
      Feb 12, 2009

These people are bunch of crooks. They show free credit score, 30 days free trial credit score and then collect your credit card. They do not show your credit score for all three credit bureau. I even did not attempt to login second time since they do not meet your needs instead I wanted to cance.When you want to cancel within 30 days they have already charged your card. They will claim you have agreed to terms and conditions which says you have agreed to get your card charged after 9 days.

They are stealing my money as once you read on the top with large font that this is 30 days free train period, most of us do not read the terms and conditions. I alert every one in internet to not do Buisness with these thieves. I suggest please complaint about them to FTC so that FTC makes investigation. In this hard economy these people should be stopped stealing our money

Roy

• St
      Feb 13, 2009
    Freecreditreport.com - cancellation
    Shortsville
    New York

I signed up for free credit report if I cancalled within 7 days, it's been 3 days and cannot find out how to cancel, the web site they gave me has NO link to go to to cancel, , , SOMEBODY BETTER INVESTIGATE THIS WEBSITE

• Mi
      Feb 21, 2009

call [protected] that's the number I called to cancel it but they still charged me 11.95 and then refunded it then debited it back out stating they never took it at first

they are such crooks the website never let me view my credit report at all I call to cancel the very next day

Feb 24, 2009

I tried to get my annual 3 agency credit reports. When I typed in the words 'free credit reports' it automatically takes you to the site shown above. This site won't even let you order your free credit reports unless you give them your credit card and agree to one month 'free trial' offer. I finally went directly to each individual credit reporting site and found many road blocks on them too. Only one gave a standard request form that you can send in to request for all three. Oh, even thought I didn't get my credit report from the FreeCreditReport.com, they claim my request has been processed for them. I didn't complete the process because of the trickery. I hope this doesn't negate my handwritten request I sent to the 3 agencies. Obviously, they all have found a way to circumvent the law and make some money on the side by doing this to people.

Feb 25, 2009
    Freecreditreport.com - Charging checking account without Authorization
    California

Freecreditreport.com was charging my checking account without Authorization for a year and half. I never accessed nor sign up for a trial with the Freecreditreport.com. In order to get my money back I have to fax a special request, and then they will contact me. There is no direct way to get in contact with their consumer relations group. Be aware of this SCAM.

• Ry
      Mar 12, 2009

I signed up to check my credit report. I found out I had 7 days to cancel before I was charged on a monthly basis. I immediately called to cancel the account. After saying several times and very firmly: "Cancel my account, please", the operator on the phone said the account was canceled and I would not be charged.

A few months go by, I was charged 4 times! I went through all these hoops to get my FULL refund of $59.80. I know it doesn't seem much but I CANCELED my account! I finally got my FULL refund.

I have my whole story here and well as email, phone, and fax information to getting a refund:

• St
      Jul 21, 2009

Per the terms and conditions given on freecreditreports.com, I am cancelling my account and expect to see no charges in the future on the charge account given. This looks like a scam attempt to me me as I see no account cancellation site location on this site. With this being the directed site location based on the terms and conditions outlined on the freecreditreport.com site, I can only wonder what action you will take. Please advise through e-mail as this site has my e-mail. I will notify my credit card company not to accept any charges from this service and contact the appropriate authorities. Todays date is 07/21/2009, the same day that I signed up. Therefore, I am well within the 7 day cancellation period. I can be notified of cancellation through e-mail at [protected]@hotmail.com.

• Ca
      Aug 14, 2009
    Freecreditreport.com - Monthy Charges

Why am I being charged $14.98 a month from FreeCreditReport.com? Where's the free part? I am outraged as I am disabled and can't afford this. I would not have agreed to this if I had known. I thought there was a one time charge to get it set up.

• Me
      Aug 14, 2009

The first credit report when you first sign up is free. Then you're like automatically enrolled with the site so you can check your credit report basically anytime and they charge you the $14.95. You should be able to just call them and tell them you don't want their services anymore.

• Be
      Aug 30, 2009

No way to cancel
    unauthorized debits

• Ly
      Sep 10, 2009
    Freecreditreport.com - not free

Went through freecreditreport.com to get my free credit report, and was charged $14.95 Aug & Sept a total of $29.90 and only used the site once. Was told they e-mailed me about being a member, not so never received an e-mail and never gave concent to become a member. I was ripped off, they are returning just $14.95. This is a scam!
    Stephen Wilson
    Newmarket, NH 03857

• La
      Sep 10, 2009

Hi, my name is Laura and I am an analyst at Balestriere Lanza, a trials and investigations law firm in New York. I saw your post on expressing a desire to be contacted if any potential class action law suits against Free Credit Report were in the works. Our firm has been investigating Free Credit Report's potential misconduct for several months and would be interested in hearing more from you about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience at laura.[protected]@balestriere.net or at [protected] x 133.

• Je
      Sep 17, 2009
    Freecreditreport.com - Unauthorized Billing
    Michigan

So I went to put my paycheck in the bank today and found that my account was overdrafted by $60. I was shocked because I am very careful with my money. I looked at the transaction on my account and saw that Freecreditreport.com had taken $14.95 out of it. I went to the web site to cancel but there was no link to cancel, so I had to call them and cancel. They would not refund me the money

• Wa
      Jan 19, 2010

My husband and I are experiencing the same problem. In my opinion this is false advertisement and misrepresentation as freecreditreport.com prides itself on providing the credit scores that lenders see, I'm find this not be true as every score that I have received from them is not consistent with the score that lenders receive. This is fraudulent and at 24.95 per report, I'm very upset and am planning to seek legal action.

[protected]@onealsteel.com

• Kk
      Feb 02, 2010

I do agree with you! I actually logged in to see my credit report but then I saw a charge of $24 on my checking acct. I called them they said the same story fax your request for refund. Scammers!!! Be aware

• Ro
      Mar 03, 2010

I enrolled in freecreditreport.com to obtain a FREE credit report. The site requested a credit card number, but very specifically stated that my credit card would not be charged. I had a nine day free trial period, however my card was charged the next day for $24.95. When I called to inquire I was told that I was charged because I "mistakenly" clicked on an option for which there was a fee. If that was the case, it certainly was not made clear to me, it was probably in the very fine print. The customer representative was appropriately sympathetic, however he could not remove the charge only discount it to $14.95. I believe this company relies on trickery and false advertising.

Mar 24, 2010
    Freecreditreport.com - scam
    Virginia

I wanted to get a free credit report, so I went to freecreditreport.com. but they charged me every month for some bogus service I didn't ask for. I've been trying to cancel for months, and I can never get through on the customer service, and they keep charging me for this. It is just a scam.

• Bm
      Mar 25, 2010

If you look at the fine print you will see that you have free service for 2 weeks and after 2 weeks you will need to cancel or a fee will be deducted from your account monthly. The good thing about this service is that you can access your credit report when ever you want when paying the monthly service. If you do not want it anymore you go to the website and go to FAQ or the Contact information to cancel by calling their number. No not a scam, but everytime I have called I have talked to someone. Call again.

• Tl
      Apr 03, 2010

Definitely...we are looking for more complaints of the same problem and found your comment. My fiance's score is 100 points less than what freecreditreport.com's report said..WAY off.

• Ka
      May 03, 2010
    Freecreditreport.com - Unotorized Charge
    Info.Freecreditreport Infofcr.com Ca
    Not known
    California

I asked the company on the web to send me free credit report from the 3 credit reporting companies. They did that. Although the company promised free credit reports, they still charged me a fee and they did that twice. First for $24.95 on 3/18/10 and second time for $14.95 on 3/29/10. I didn't authorize these charges ever.

• Mo
      Jun 02, 2010

Freecreditreport.com led me to believe that I had excellent credit of 763, but when I applied for a refinance on my morgage my credit was too bad to qualify. They stold my money for months telling me all along that my credit was getting better and better.I would not reccomend that anyone use this service.

Aug 03, 2010

This is a very sneaky and dishonest company. It asks $1 for free credit report, which by law is available to U.S. citizens for free once a year. I gave my credit card information for the $1 charge. 2 weeks later another $14.95 appeared on my credit card. I called the company at the phone number my credit card company gave to me. The lady refused to give me a refund and said that $14.95 is membership fee. The membership charge is not explicitly stated when I requested for the credit report and I was never asked whether I agreed to pay for it.

There goes my $14.95. It is a large sum, but it pissed off when a business is so sneaky and dishonest. It asked for $1 to get the credit card information and use it to charge my credit card. The credit card company told me to cancel the membership with Freecreditreport, otherwise, I will continue getting charged. No business like this should be allowed to prevail on the Internet. Attorney General, or whoever is in charge of the business world should put this company out of business.

Never, never, never order any report from Freecreditreport.com