FreebieGas.com / Fraud and scam

1 Review updated:

Got a $100 certificate from Chrysler dealer, Register at the FreeBieGas.com with $5 registration fee on July,
keep mailing gas purchase receipts of over $100 to them every month, But did NOT receive any of the $25 gas card which they guaranteed to mail back EACH month. From August to November, four months of waiting. Tried to call them, phone always answered by the answering machine and ask you to left your call back number. I did it twice, no response at all.

I keep the certified mail receipts and the confirming email that they sent telling they got my receipts and I will not keep quiet.

Comments

• Da
      Nov 25, 2008

I too submitted my receipts for 4 months and the $5.00 fee and have yet to hear from them. I called several times and sent emails no response. I feel that if the car dealerships are going to give this crap to people they should at least check it out before doing it and putting customers through these headaches and losses.

• Ti
      Nov 25, 2008

i have also had the same problems with this promotion, i purchased a car from south 75 chrysler in crittenden ky. in march of this year, and after many tries to contact them about never receiving anything but an email they say to leave a call back number and they dont call back. i have contacted the dealer that gave me the card for the third time tonight about this . i'll update if the ever return a call.

Nov 25, 2008

I went on vacation recieved, promotion for free gas cards thru vacation rentals for $500.00 in free gas. I recieved two gas cards for $25.00 each now I haven't heard from freebie gas .com since. tried calling no response, tried email its sent back. I finally contacted BP gas company by email, waiting response, I figured maybe they could help since there company is being used wrongly.

• St
      Dec 02, 2008

I was so excited to join this program, I drove 50 miles to the KIA dealer that sponsored this certificate, well It's been 4 months and I havent received anything yet.
    I just tried emailing them and the site is down, this program puts the companies that promote it in a bad light-what a shame!!

Dec 13, 2008

I guess I have joined the growing list of those that have submitted the required receipts, etc. and have received nothing. The website is up, but their server is not accepting any emails. Has anyone been able to find out whether they are still in business? Companies that offer these promotional deals should be required to ensure their validity!

• Ke
      Jan 10, 2009

I have also joined the growing list of those that have submitted the required receipts and have not received the $25 gas cards. I have received e-mails that they have received my $100 receipts and were in order.

I have sent receipts for Oct, Sept, Nov.

• Aa
      Jan 12, 2009
    FreebieGas.com - Scam
    FreebieGas.com

I bought a very expensive diningroom set with the impression that I was to recieve $500.00 in "free" gas cards. All I had to do was pay $5 up front and then mail in receipts totaling $100 or more every month. I paid my $5 and started mailing receipts in October of 2008 and have yet to recieve a single $25 gas card as promised. I'm calling and e-mailing them today and if I get no response, I will not keep quiet. I'm also contacting the furniture store where I made the purchase.

• Li
      Jan 22, 2009

my name is Lillian and I purchased a new vehicle from Dutch Miller Kia Motors in Barbersbville WV, I too submitted the receits, waited and waited for my gas cards of $25.00 and have not received anything. Someone needs to do something about this. I am notifiying the Kia dealership as well as the better business bureau. Enough is enough.

• Aa
      Jan 26, 2009

I am facing the same thing. I thought this was good idea because I keep very good records. I have photo copies of all receipts and have even cent my receipts certified.

I got one gas card back (yay!), but have only received confirmation of sending three out of five redemption coupons to them. This isn't even the gas cards, but just the confirmation emails.

I am waiting on a card from 10/2008. I have given the 54 business days (1/13/2009 was 54 days) and still nothing.

• Ir
      Jan 30, 2009

We too signed up and sent receipts for October, November and December. Received emails verifying they received the receipts. Have not received any gas cards. Very disappointing. I also tried to email them with no luck.
    Irrera Family

• Sc
      Feb 13, 2009

Count us as another one of the scammed people on this freebiegas.

I called my credit card company to dispute the $5 charge I paid...hopefully all I am out is the $0.42 * 4 stamps I put on the envelopes...what a crock. They really played this one well...confirmation emails along the way etc to string you along...I had my suspicions...and now they are confirmed...I wish I had found this page sooner it would have saved some phone calls and stamps...

If you haven't called your credit card company...do so and dispute the charge or file a dispute with PayPal since you paid thru PayPal...if nothing else get your $5 registration fee back and not let these scammers profit on all of us!

Feb 16, 2009

We too are victims of this scam, but not through a car dealership. Dish Network was the one that offered this lovely little incentive to new customers. They also promised an iPod Shuffle, for which they used another fishy third party, which asked for a $25 money order (no personal checks accepted). We didn't trust it, so never sent in the $25 for our "free" Shuffle. We've been sending in our $100 in receipts to Freebiegas faithfully since July (it's now Feb), but have never received a $25 gift card. Thankfully, Dish Network's "offer" didn't required us to send in $5 each month. My husband is on the phone right now with Dish Network about this bologna.

• Ta
      Feb 17, 2009

Got me too! We got ours from Ashely Furniture Store. Boy do I feel like and idiot. Got my $5 too and I've sent in 6 months of receipts and just got an email from them saying my receipts were received in good order. Have not received the first gas card though. I did contact Ashley Furniture and told them the same thing, they need to check these people out before giving something like this as an incenetive, if you can't hand me $500 in gas cards, then don't offer them to me. I've tried emailing and can't find any site that works. I've kept every email from them saying that my receipts were received in good order but nothing else. If anyone can figure out a way to get these people, let me know I'm a very vendictive person!!!

Feb 19, 2009

I started this program through a vacation package in june 2008. I sent all required documenataion monthly and after calling several times I did get two gas cards to date 2/19/2009. I called about two weeks ago over a period of two or three days and did get through and was advised that they are mailing out more cards within two days. I have yet to receive any additional cards and to date they owe me 5 cards. I tried to call them again for the past three days with no luck. It appears that the phone has been disconnected and their web site no longer shows up.

Mike from Indiana

I want my cards!!

Feb 19, 2009

I guess I have "sucker" written all over me. At least I have purchesed gas from the same place I would have anyway. I became suspecious after 3 months. DUH! I am only out $5. Thanks for the site

• Bo
      Feb 19, 2009

I've got my certificate from Nissan dealership in Lake Forest, CA. That is too sad that car dealers are connected with such froudulent companies like Freebiegas.com . As of today, emails are not accepted, the phone is disconnected, looks like the company is totally gone now. I was wondering, is there any class action in progress?

• Dk
      Feb 20, 2009

Same situation. I got one Amex gift card back from them but since Dec 2008, no email confirmations and tried many times to phone them and got the same response as Michael Turner above.

Can anyone advise what can we do about it ?

• Ly
      Feb 23, 2009

I too have not received my gas cards for $25 after sending four months of receipts to this company! They owe me Oct., Nov., Dec., & Jan. That's $100!

• Sh
      Feb 24, 2009

I recieved my $500 certificate thru Glassman Auto (KIA) dealership with purhase of vehicle. I have been sending in my receipts for 4 months after two I emailed them asking them if they are recieving my receipts. They emailed backed saying thaT they recieved them and that if sent after 25th of every month it would take up to 54 business days. If sent before 25th it would only take 28 days. So I tried also calling just to get answering machine and this month I tried again just to be notified it was no longer in service. I feel that the dealerships should have to honor these vouchers. It was promised to us after all. In my case I was promised it with my purchase of my vehicle. Times are to tough. Someone needs to own up to it.

• Ro
      Feb 24, 2009

I purchased furniture in August and followed all the requirements, I too have not received any cards. I have as of today filed a complaint with the FL Attny General's office.

• Ng
      Feb 28, 2009

The company has been seized by the Florida Attorney General's office; see the posting that recently went up at www.freebiegas.com for more info.

• Ri
      Mar 03, 2009

I've been going through the same problems. Ashley Furniture is who I bought furniture with and a incentive of $500 free gas on Labor day weekend. Haven't received any gas cards found out about new web site. New web site now gasresults.com

• Sh
      Mar 11, 2009

I am faced with the same issues. I have been waiting since October for my cards and have not received them. I sent in my $5, I wonder how much money they are making from all of us. I will notify the postal inspection service for mail fraud if I do not receive my cards!!! I tried to call the number, but it is invalid. I am contacting the car dealership today!

Mar 11, 2009

Same story here never got a thing .Bought tires from tire kingdom and just tried to call the phone is no longer in service. Miami Mike.

Mar 15, 2009

Shame on freebiegas and the dealerships, I also went to a jeep dealer for a promotional $100 in free gas for my reciepts in August 2008 and spoke to someone twice from freebiegas and they said it's on it's way, also called in march 2009 now out of service. I still have not recieved anything. Paid $5 money order, 4 stamps, and 4 envelopes in the excitement to recieve my gas cards. Guess all of our $5 that were out of paid enough for their retirement to up and disapear!

Mar 31, 2009
    FreebieGas.com - non compliance of contract
    FreebieGas.com

After mailing in a $5.00 fee and receiving 4 - $25.00 cetrificates in the mail back, I followed up and mailed in the receipts for gas as required for $100.00 dollars of gas in 4 equal $25.00 certificates per month as a promotion for a time share buying sales pitch.

The wife called several times and was told they would send them out within a week and they had no excusae or answer as to why they had not completed the processing of the certificates. That was 6 months ago and we still have not heard or recieved anything.

This is a scam and a fraud.

Apr 07, 2009

Well I guess I am a lucky one. I did recieve 2-$25.00 gift cards instead of gas cards. I was promised $150.00 in gas cards. Now I know to just throw away all my copied receipts and don't look for anymore FREEBIES. Like my husband always says "Nothing in these world is FREE. Like I have heard before "Pray these people go to heaven, preferably TODAY". I just wonder how many people sent them $5.00 and didn't receive anything? A lot of $5.00 can add up.

• Ki
      Jun 16, 2011
    FreebieGas.com - Never refunded what they promised
    Gas Redemption Center aka Freebiegas.com
    Corpus Christi
    Texas
    Phone: [protected]

I got a "gift" certificate from Sames Crow car dealership in Corpus Christi, TX for going into their dealership to test drive a car. Per the certificate, I bought gas at the selected vendors, then sent in gas vouchers of $100 or more per month (per the requirement on the promotional literature) and didn't ever receive a $25/month gas gift card back. I paid $5 up front to use the program, and never got that refunded, either. I mailed original gas receipts from the same Texaco/Chevron station, which they required, and got confirmations via email welcoming me into the program. WHAT A SCAM!!! That was in 2008 and I've never been able to recoup my losses since then. I am going to report the company to every government and consumer entity that I can, including this website.