FreebieGas.com / Fraud and scam

1 Walsingham Rd.Ste 36 #12 Largo, FL 33774Largo, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-514-0366

Got a $100 certificate from Chrysler dealer, Register at the FreeBieGas.com with $5 registration fee on July,
keep mailing gas purchase receipts of over $100 to them every month, But did NOT receive any of the $25 gas card which they guaranteed to mail back EACH month. From August to November, four months of waiting. Tried to call them, phone always answered by the answering machine and ask you to left your call back number. I did it twice, no response at all.

I keep the certified mail receipts and the confirming email that they sent telling they got my receipts and I will not keep quiet.

Va

Comments

• Da
      25th of Nov, 2008

I too submitted my receipts for 4 months and the $5.00 fee and have yet to hear from them. I called several times and sent emails no response. I feel that if the car dealerships are going to give this crap to people they should at least check it out before doing it and putting customers through these headaches and losses.

• Ti
      25th of Nov, 2008

i have also had the same problems with this promotion, i purchased a car from south 75 chrysler in crittenden ky. in march of this year, and after many tries to contact them about never receiving anything but an email they say to leave a call back number and they dont call back. i have contacted the dealer that gave me the card for the third time tonight about this . i'll update if the ever return a call.

25th of Nov, 2008

I went on vacation recieved, promotion for free gas cards thru vacation rentals for $500.00 in free gas. I recieved two gas cards for $25.00 each now I haven't heard from freebie gas .com since. tried calling no response, tried email its sent back. I finally contacted BP gas company by email, waiting response, I figured maybe they could help since there company is being used wrongly.

• St
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I was so excited to join this program, I drove 50 miles to the KIA dealer that sponsored this certificate, well It's been 4 months and I havent received anything yet.
    I just tried emailing them and the site is down, this program puts the companies that promote it in a bad light-what a shame!!

13th of Dec, 2008

I guess I have joined the growing list of those that have submitted the required receipts, etc. and have received nothing. The website is up, but their server is not accepting any emails. Has anyone been able to find out whether they are still in business? Companies that offer these promotional deals should be required to ensure their validity!

• Ke
      10th of Jan, 2009

I have also joined the growing list of those that have submitted the required receipts and have not received the $25 gas cards. I have received e-mails that they have received my $100 receipts and were in order.

I have sent receipts for Oct, Sept, Nov.

• Aa
      12th of Jan, 2009
    FreebieGas.com - Scam
    FreebieGas.com

I bought a very expensive diningroom set with the impression that I was to recieve $500.00 in "free" gas cards. All I had to do was pay $5 up front and then mail in receipts totaling $100 or more every month. I paid my $5 and started mailing receipts in October of 2008 and have yet to recieve a single $25 gas card as promised. I'm calling and e-mailing them today and if I get no response, I will not keep quiet. I'm also contacting the furniture store where I made the purchase.

• Li
      22nd of Jan, 2009

my name is Lillian and I purchased a new vehicle from Dutch Miller Kia Motors in Barbersbville WV, I too submitted the receits, waited and waited for my gas cards of $25.00 and have not received anything. Someone needs to do something about this. I am notifiying the Kia dealership as well as the better business bureau. Enough is enough.

• Aa
      26th of Jan, 2009

I am facing the same thing. I thought this was good idea because I keep very good records. I have photo copies of all receipts and have even cent my receipts certified.

I got one gas card back (yay!), but have only received confirmation of sending three out of five redemption coupons to them. This isn't even the gas cards, but just the confirmation emails.

I am waiting on a card from 10/2008. I have given the 54 business days (1/13/2009 was 54 days) and still nothing.

• Ir
      30th of Jan, 2009

We too signed up and sent receipts for October, November and December. Received emails verifying they received the receipts. Have not received any gas cards. Very disappointing. I also tried to email them with no luck.
    Irrera Family

• Sc
      13th of Feb, 2009

Count us as another one of the scammed people on this freebiegas.

I called my credit card company to dispute the $5 charge I paid...hopefully all I am out is the $0.42 * 4 stamps I put on the envelopes...what a crock. They really played this one well...confirmation emails along the way etc to string you along...I had my suspicions...and now they are confirmed...I wish I had found this page sooner it would have saved some phone calls and stamps...

If you haven't called your credit card company...do so and dispute the charge or file a dispute with PayPal since you paid thru PayPal...if nothing else get your $5 registration fee back and not let these scammers profit on all of us!

16th of Feb, 2009

We too are victims of this scam, but not through a car dealership. Dish Network was the one that offered this lovely little incentive to new customers. They also promised an iPod Shuffle, for which they used another fishy third party, which asked for a $25 money order (no personal checks accepted). We didn't trust it, so never sent in the $25 for our "free" Shuffle. We've been sending in our $100 in receipts to Freebiegas faithfully since July (it's now Feb), but have never received a $25 gift card. Thankfully, Dish Network's "offer" didn't required us to send in $5 each month. My husband is on the phone right now with Dish Network about this bologna.

• Ta
      17th of Feb, 2009

Got me too! We got ours from Ashely Furniture Store. Boy do I feel like and idiot. Got my $5 too and I've sent in 6 months of receipts and just got an email from them saying my receipts were received in good order. Have not received the first gas card though. I did contact Ashley Furniture and told them the same thing, they need to check these people out before giving something like this as an incenetive, if you can't hand me $500 in gas cards, then don't offer them to me. I've tried emailing and can't find any site that works. I've kept every email from them saying that my receipts were received in good order but nothing else. If anyone can figure out a way to get these people, let me know I'm a very vendictive person!!!

19th of Feb, 2009

I started this program through a vacation package in june 2008. I sent all required documenataion monthly and after calling several times I did get two gas cards to date 2/19/2009. I called about two weeks ago over a period of two or three days and did get through and was advised that they are mailing out more cards within two days. I have yet to receive any additional cards and to date they owe me 5 cards. I tried to call them again for the past three days with no luck. It appears that the phone has been disconnected and their web site no longer shows up.

Mike from Indiana

I want my cards!!

19th of Feb, 2009

I guess I have "sucker" written all over me. At least I have purchesed gas from the same place I would have anyway. I became suspecious after 3 months. DUH! I am only out $5. Thanks for the site

• Bo
      19th of Feb, 2009

I've got my certificate from Nissan dealership in Lake Forest, CA. That is too sad that car dealers are connected with such froudulent companies like Freebiegas.com . As of today, emails are not accepted, the phone is disconnected, looks like the company is totally gone now. I was wondering, is there any class action in progress?

• Dk
      20th of Feb, 2009

Same situation. I got one Amex gift card back from them but since Dec 2008, no email confirmations and tried many times to phone them and got the same response as Michael Turner above.

Can anyone advise what can we do about it ?

• Ly
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I too have not received my gas cards for $25 after sending four months of receipts to this company! They owe me Oct., Nov., Dec., & Jan. That's $100!

• Sh
      24th of Feb, 2009

I recieved my $500 certificate thru Glassman Auto (KIA) dealership with purhase of vehicle. I have been sending in my receipts for 4 months after two I emailed them asking them if they are recieving my receipts. They emailed backed saying thaT they recieved them and that if sent after 25th of every month it would take up to 54 business days. If sent before 25th it would only take 28 days. So I tried also calling just to get answering machine and this month I tried again just to be notified it was no longer in service. I feel that the dealerships should have to honor these vouchers. It was promised to us after all. In my case I was promised it with my purchase of my vehicle. Times are to tough. Someone needs to own up to it.