Freebeegas / Company Is Out of Business

1 14100 Walsingham Rd Ste 36Largo, FL, United States Review updated:

According to the Better Business Bureau the assets of this company have been frozen as of February 20, 2009. If you have been given certificates to receive rebates from FreeBeeGas, Gasoline Redemption Center, Secure Gas Redemption, or any of the various aliases that Tidewater Marketing operated under, you need to file a complaint with the Attorney General's office in Florida. The court appointed Receiver for the action taken by the Attorney General will be handling the disbursement of any of Tidewater's assets. You also need to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in the state you live in. You can do both of these online. I also wrote a letter of complaint to Bassett Furniture, the company that issued my $500 gas certificate. Bassett is now offering replacement certificates, but so far refuses to refund the $5.00 fee I paid to sign up with FreeBeeGas. I also have to start all over sending in receipts to the new company and pay another processing fee, even though we spent $4300 with Bassett on a diningroom set. To read about the status of FreeBeeGas and to get further information, do a search for Gas Redemption Center at the Florida Better Business Bureau website. If the Attorney General's office in Florida has your filed complaint on record you might someday get part of your claims paid.

Ca

Comments

• Ha
      28th of Nov, 2008

WON 300.00 FREE GAS

• Pa
      8th of Dec, 2008
    Freebeegas - have not received gas coupons or credit vouchers
    Magazine Bargains
    Arvada
    Colorado
    Phone: 1-800-851-8934

There were no stipulations that magazines hadto be ordered. Just sign up for a free traila dn then cancel as soon as you received the information. icompliede with all of theat.

I was sent a form to fill out by FreeBeeGas and they requested that I mail a $5.00 check with my reply card that had my name, address, phone number, city, state, zip codew, and e-mail address. I complied with that, but I forgot to enclose the check with the card information. Now I have no way to contact the firm and i am in limbo for another 6 weeks, if I get a response at all.

Signed, Patrick E Sasser

• Bk
      27th of Jan, 2009
    Freebeegas - Rebate fraud
    freebeegas
    freebeegas.com

I purchased new furniture from Ashley Furniture that was participating in a $500 free gas rebate program. I got my certificate and that is all. I have to submit $100 a month in receipts to the address above and they are supposed to send a $25 gas card or credit card every month until the $500 is rebated to me. This would take about 20 months to complete $500 worth of rebates. My rebate coupons expire June 2010. I started this program in November 2008. I received email that the receipts were received but no gas rebates were received.

• Ca
      11th of Feb, 2009

Saturn of Fremont, offered 500.00 free gas card if you purchased a vehicle from them. I've been sending in my 100.00 gas reciepts since JUlY 2008. I have never recieved one card from freebeegas.com. I have called them numerous times they told me they were ready to be sent out, but never did. Now the phone number no longer works. I feel Saturn of Fremont is as responsible as freebeegas.

• Ji
      16th of Feb, 2009
    Freebeegas - gas rebate cards
    freebeegas
    Phone: 18005140366

I was given the $150.00 gift card from a Auto Dealer here in Missouri in June 2008. I paid the $5.00 fee thru Paypaland recieved a receipt stating that when The second gift card was sent that The $5.00 would be included. I comtinued to sent my receipts in thru Jan 2009. In December I was able to speak with a supervisor named Kayla and told her if my gift card were not sent in to me by Dec 1 2008 I was going to turn them over to our attorney General for fraud. I received $75.00 on December 8, 2008 and continued to send receipts in thru January. On 2/16/2009 I tried to call to speak with them when I found out that the Phone number had now been disconected. I would like to stop other persons from getting hurt. Remember if it's free it has got to be a scam.

• Na
      17th of Feb, 2009
    Freebeegas - never received gas cards
    Lorenson car dealer
    Old Saybrook
    Connecticut

We were told we won $500 worth of free gas. We had to spemd $100 each month, send in receipts along with the freebeegas voucher and we would received a $25, 00 gas card for each month until the value reached $500.00. We have been sending in receipts and monthly voucher since May. Took the company until October 2008 to send a few $25.00 cards, and each month we are told our paper work is in and they will mail the additional cards. Hasn't happened and today when I called 800-514-0366 number to check on our cards, I got a messagee saying this number "is invalid".

• Un
      19th of Feb, 2009

pd. 10 bucks for the card took my receipts but no gas cards.

• Co
      24th of Feb, 2009

At least you got some cards. We never got any probably because we started in November '08 and seems like this company must be in bankruptcy now. They confirmed receiving our receipts in good order for November '08 and December '08, and we've also sent in receipts for January '09, but we never got any gas cards. Like you, I tried the 800 number and got that it wasn't a valid number. Their website, freebeegas.com now has nothing to do with gas either. Does anyone know if there's anything we can do to at least get our $5 deposit back?

25th of Feb, 2009

The same happen to me, I started back in June 2008 and as of February 25, 2009 I have not received any give cards, I also call and the area change. I believed this was a fraud.

• Ke
      6th of Mar, 2009
    Freebeegas - No rebate
    FREEBEEGAS
    Victoria
    British Columbia
    Canada

I was handed a cupon packet for free bee gas from Ashley Furniture store with the purchase. I was informed this is part of my REBATE of $500. After filing out the paperwork and sending in $100.00 worth of gas receipts for each month for next 20 months I will get $25.00 rebate check every month. So far I have not received a single $25.00 gasoline gift card while I have already sent them more then 6 months receipts. They have asked to send them each month original gas purchase receipt.

Thanks

Kesh

• Ka
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Hi,
    I wrote a letter(e-mailed) the company that sponsered the gas redemption, Tire Kingdom. They have sent me info on a different program that they are doing. Gas card or a pre-paid Visa card.
    Maybe you need to write to the company and see if they will honor what they have sponsered. Good luck.
    Kathy

• El
      26th of Mar, 2009

Initially, it was about spending $2000 at Ashley furniture, Calgary, Canada to get a $500 gas card. They even advertised it at local newspapers. I purchased furniture and got this certificate for free gas. I sent in the $100 receipts each month for 3 months. Last month the mail got returned. I found out it is a scam. Does Ashley Furniture hold any responsibility to this scam??

• Te
      16th of Apr, 2009
    Freebeegas - Gas cards never received
    Free Bee Gas
    14100 Walsingham Rd ste 36 box 12
    Florida

I purchased furniture from Ashley Furniture in Houma, LA, in October, 2008.The sales promotion included $500.00 in gas redemption vouchers from Free Bee Gas. I submitted the required monthly minimum receipts from a participating gas station along with the coupon, but never received any gas cards. I was advised that Free Bee Gas had received my receipts each month, but only got excuses as to why I had never received any gas cards. I believe they were scamming for the $5.00 fee from each customer, with no intention to pay.

Terri Johnson

Freebeegas - gas cards
    Free Gas
    14100 Walsingham Rd ste 36 # 12
    info@freebeegas.com

We were promised $25.00 gas cards after we submitted $100.00 in receipts each month by the 25th. We paid a start up fee of $5.00. We received 2 cards after many many phone calls and complaints. Since the first of 2009 the phones have been disconnected and the emails go unanswered. This company needs to be held accountable for what they are doing. We have until june to finish sending in our years worth of receipts. Now we are getting our envelopes returned stamped return to sender unable to forward.

• He
      14th of May, 2009

excellent information. Thanks a lot.

• Go
      1st of Jul, 2009
    Freebeegas - scam
    FreeBeeGas
    FreeBeeGas.com

I was unable to collect on 500 dollars of vouchers for free gas. Was a promotional for buying furniture at Ashley Furniture.