Freebee Gas / Fraudulent rebate service

1 14100 Walsingham Road, Largo, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-514-0366

I purchased 4 new tires from Big-O Tires that was participating in a $500 free gas rebate program. I got my certificate and that is all. I have to submit $100 a month in receipts to the address above and they are supposed to send a $25 gas card or credit card every month until the $500 is rebated to me. this will take 20 months. My rebate coupons expire November 2009. I strated this program in March 2008 and have scanned the receipts since April 2008 that I have sent to this company and have yet to receive anything but excuses as to where my $25 cards are. I am going to continue to do my part.

More Freebee Gas Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ed
      7th of Oct, 2008

the cards are evidently nonexistent because no one gets them but they get to keep your 5.00 anyway this is obviously a ripoff of the first order

8th of Oct, 2008

I have now sent in three sets of receipts. I also have not yet received my first card from receipts sent in August 7th. They sent me an email, to my inquiry into the lateness, and said that now it takes 52 days. That violates the agreements we all made for receipt in 25 days if received by the 25th of each months. When I call - there is no phone menu option to push and if you push 0 or 22 it cycles back to the beginning of the message. I called the car dealership that gave me the "$500 of free gas" and complained. They gave told me to call Lauren at 800-745-2510 at FreeBeeGas.com

• Sh
      17th of Oct, 2008

We too have followed all the requirments without sucess. This must be a fraud. Ours has been since July 2008, with out any resonse.

• Do
      22nd of Oct, 2008

i got this thing threw the mail and i won a 300 dollar gas card and i sent it off with a 5 dollar money order and the gas car should of came already but it didnt, what is the hold up.

• Da
      23rd of Oct, 2008

Obviously, the rebate is a hook. I mailed out two receipts for $25 each about three month ago. About a month ago, I called 800-514-0366 and was told that I would receive the gas card of 2 x $25 within two weeks. But I received nothing so far and nobody answer the above 800 number. My question is that is there anyway to sue these cheaters and punish them?

• Te
      23rd of Oct, 2008

This is a scam. They sell these cards to businesses to give away to customers and then charge the customer $5 and never send a gas card. I started sending receipts into them in July and I have not received one cent from them. They don't return phone calls. Scammers.

29th of Oct, 2008

I believe this to be a scam, too. When I moved in to my apartment complex they had a special running for $300 in free gas/year. I followed the directions and mailed them my receipts 6 weeks ago. I mailed it in the same day I mailed a rebate for a new cell phone; I got the cell phone rebate WITHIN A WEEK. That was Sept 20th; it will be November on Saturday and I still don't have the gas card. I sent a comment on their website, since they don't post their phone number (another tip-off they might be a scam) and they responded that I should be patient; they had many requests coming in. It CANT be that difficult to simply mail a damn card; that's all that they do, that's their only business so it should not be that complicated. I'm totally dissatisfied, but thankful I didn't have to pay money up front to get a free bee.

30th of Oct, 2008

Update* I called the company this morning to complain. I even mentioned the 99 complaints (as of October 22nd) pending against them. The rep on the other end of the line didnt respond. He was clueless. He said to call back (on the same number I called in on and gave an extension) I checked with the Lauren too about the approval shes a ###.

• Rh
      30th of Oct, 2008

I found this thread after submitting my own complaint on another one about this company. So I went looking around the Internet for more information on their company. I not only found other threads here on https://www.complaintsboard.com about Freebee, or Freebie or whatever name they are using, but I also found many message boards with hundreds of complaints AND I found out they are under investigation by the FL State Attorney General for unfair business practices... Ya' THINK!!!

You should call the Attorney General in FL and submit your complaint too. I did and they said the case is still under investigation. That number is: 850-414-3300. Tell the switchboard you want to file a complaint.

31st of Oct, 2008

The 99 complaints I mentioned pertains to the UNSATISFACTORY rating that Free Bee Gas and Tidewater Marketing has with the Better Business Bureau. Can we say class action??

• Ba
      1st of Nov, 2008

I am sooo glad I came across this web page, by accident-while trying to register for my free gas!! For some reason their website freebeegas.com is not working-I wonder why?! I guess because it really is a scam!! I'm not going to waste my $5.00 trying to register, but it just sucks that we kinda got "roped in" to a time share presentation by them advertising $150 in free gas!! Thanks for the info everyone!!

1st of Nov, 2008

I have been sending my receipts since August with no response back, I also tried to call the
    1-800 number with no luck...Sucker Punched!

• Ad
      1st of Nov, 2008

I wish I had seen this before registered...same thing, we get the "we received your rebate submission and receipts in good order" email from them and then NOTHING. I have yet to receive anything from them. I got the certificate from them at Findlay Toyota in Henderson, Nevada and paid for the registration and started submititng receipts right away. What a rip off!!!

• Br
      3rd of Nov, 2008

This plae is a scam. I too sent in my gas receipts since August.

I have not received any to date. I am so disappointed.

I also emailed them and was told to be patient.

I called the place where I bought my car; that I was suppose to get a $100 gas card and instead got this crap. I let them know they are promoting this scam and I want my real $100 gas gift card.

• Br
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I urge anyone that has been scammed by this company that has paid via paypal. To file a report against paypal.

• Da
      3rd of Nov, 2008

My parents visited a timeshare and "won" $300 in rebate gas. I am in the same boat and noticed the website doesn't work either.
    I am out five bucks and frustrated about the deceit. It would have been a nice deal.
    David

• Ji
      5th of Nov, 2008

My wife and I also attended a timeshare which offered the Free Gas. After completing all of the requirements and sending $5.00, we have heard nothing and we have not received any rebate cards. The fee of $5.00 was requested as a money order. I wonder WHY! The Attorney General should be notified of the outrageous and fraudulent scams.

• Mi
      5th of Nov, 2008

I have stayed consistant in sending my receipts to this company with no return for gas. I went to a seminar and sat through an hour and a half presentation to get $300 in free gas. Anyhow with that being said we still have no gas cards not even a thought of a gas card. The company has replied that they received my receipts but yet to send the gas cards. They owe me for August, September, October and soon November. We called and they said they are just behind this was a recording and to bare with them. I wish there was something I could do about this.

• Ka
      6th of Nov, 2008

I used to be a reseller for FreeBeeGas.com and sold hundreds of certificates. Now I'm getting complaints from my customers that they have not seen their cards for 2 months. I thought I would help them out by calling FreeBeeGas customer support which I did and the background noise sounded like a cattle market, probably hundreds of people calling to complain. When I got through they told me to call 800-514-0366 extension 55 I did this 3 days ago and have called for 3 days straight and left messages after being on hold for 15 minutes at a time. They do not call back, they do not pick up the phone. This is an unorganized company that sholuld not be alowed to continue anymore. This whole problem of not getting cards is making my business look bad and it might be time for me to file a law suit for not delivering as promissed.

11th of Nov, 2008

Ok, I just tried to call free bee gas. Their hours are only 10-4pm?! Scam Tip-off #1. IS there any way together we could start a class-action law suit?!? This is false advertising, and as it has reached the Florida State Attorney General's office and the BBB-maybe we can take this issue national and do something about it.