Free Travel / Fraud

1 901 31st Street Nw Wash. D.C. 20007Washington DC, United States Review updated:

I received a "Birthday Gift"; a three day/two night getaway that could be used at any Ritz Carlton Hotel/Resort in the Continental USA, as an added gift, I would receive $50.00 towards dinner for two. As a bonus: for responding within 72 hours, I would also receive two complimentary round trip airfares to anywhere in the Continental US.

Jet Blue*

*This promotion is not sponsored by or affiliated with Ritz Carlton or Jet Blue Airlines but they are major suppliers.

This came with a travel itinerary with specifics.

Being the "skeptic" that I am; I checked the Yellow pages and Better Business Bureau for any information on "VIP Travel Reservations, INC." and "Sunshine Promotions (which was supposed to be the sponsor); whose exact address is supposed to be "Sunshine Promotions 901 31st Street NW Washington, D.C. 20007" and found this to be a scam/fraud!

I hope my comments/complaint will stop others who receive this type of mail will check it out. They can check with their local Post Office or Police if they do not have access to the Internet.

Fr

Comments

• Ss
      7th of Oct, 2008

Re: "Sunshine Promotions 901 31st Street NW Washington, D.C. 20007" There is no such address in Washington DC. The numbering for 31st Street NW begins with the 1000 block.

• Na
      11th of Oct, 2008

Not true, I have been to one of their presentations and I had the same gifts... As long as you follow the instructions on the certificates you get, you are able to use them. I stayed in Geogretown Ritz, right by Sunshine Promotions office.

• Do
      11th of Oct, 2008

In the spirt of full disclosure I work for Sunshine promotions. The comment made by "Frances" is both false and "misleading". She was contacted by a marketing company contracted by Sunshine Promotions, they made her an offer to come in for a sales presentation. The offer would have given her the opportunity to travel with two airline tickets and two nights stay in either a Ritz Carlton or Marriot hotel. All she would have had to "pay" was the taxes. This is a legitimate and perfectly legal method of Incentive Marketing. The method is approved and regulated by the Federal Trade Comm. "Frances " did not come in for the sales presentaion, she never accpted the opportunity and therefore never saw what she was to receive. She did not contact Sunshine promotions, no one in our office has ever meet or spoken with "Frances" nor were we given the opportunity to expalin to her what she would receive or how it would work . Further to add injury to insult; she writes that she had looked up the address of our office in Washington DC, and to quote her"found this to be a scam/fraud". Funny thing she includes our address in the top of her "post" We are in the phone book, 411 information, and on file with the District goverment.

We respect that "Frances " is a "skeptic" and find no fault with her if her choice was not to attent the presentation. BUT, to decide without any attempt to secure "facts" before writing her post she has cast FALSE information about a honest and very well respected company. Further if she, in fact, checked the local Better Business Bureau there is no way possible she could have concluded that we are a "scam/fraud" as no such information is posted on any BBB web site anywhere. We invite anyone who has any questions about our business or our methods to please email your questions to SunshineDC@verizon.net. We look forward to answering any and all questions, Thank You and happy holidays!

• Ha
      27th of Oct, 2008

This company wastes peoples time, they don’t give accurate directions to their office (apparently it the fault of their marketing agency they use and not their fault), so when you arrive 20 mins late (because you cannot find the office) they rush you to complete the forms – repeatedly rush you and make it seem like they are doing you a favor. – WHEN in fact it was they who contacted you to come to their sales pitch. Staff are arrogant and rude, and I have seen more manners is a pile of dog crap. Don’t bother wasting your time with this program.

17th of Nov, 2008

I was initially contacted by Sunshine Promotions the week on 11/7. I was left a voice mail messages that I had won a Lincoln Navigator or #45, 000.00. After the company found out that I was single (not living with someone else either) I was told that a couple can come and claim my prize. This prize was offered of the Lincoln Navigator down to a trip for 2 for 3 days/two nights. I was given the address of 901 31st Street N.W.

• To
      21st of Nov, 2008

This is a scam. They keep moving around, not unlike any number of scammers and fly-by-night "businesses". Now the address given by Sunshine Promotions is 3050 K Street NW, which puts their business "office" squarely on the Whitehurst Freeway. Plus, the format of the letter I received says it is from the "Division of Revenue, Department of Funding", along with "Bailout" and "Form 2008". No legitimate company would stoop to such tactics to intimidate people into opening the letter. I called the number given twice, to claim my free gift (nothing is mentioned about a promotion in the body of the letter, and was hung up on both times. Even if this company is doing business legally (which I doubt), I would highly advise not to have anything to do with them.

• Li
      21st of Nov, 2008

I was contacted by Lori at Sunshine Promotions today. She told me that I have definitley won 1 of 4 prizes, a Lincoln Navigatior, $2500.00 in cash, a 3 day 2 night vacation or at the very least a 32 inch flat screen TV. She said that I would have to show up at thier offices at 901 31st and K Street NW tomorrow and have a valid drivers license and a check book or credit card. I dont think so!!!

24th of Nov, 2008

Yep these folks contacted me tonight with an email address on file that was over 10 years old. I didn't buy into the mess either.

Scam, Scam, Scam.

• Au
      26th of Nov, 2008

I received a voicemail today 11/26 to please call 1-866-414-2022 about having received 1 of 4 prizes. I returned the call (because the kids are always putting their names in raffles) and the prizes were a Lincoln Navigator, $2500.00 in cash, a vacation to Pto Vallarta or a 32 inch TV w/remote. My husband and I would have to come into their D.C. office on Friday or Sunday to claim our prize after listening to a 30 min. presentation. The address given was 901 31st St. NW, Washington, D.C.We needed to bring 2 ids - a valid drivers license and/or passport or check book or credit card. We have NO idea how they got in touch with us, but we are glad we checked this website. My opinion...BEWARE!

• Fr
      1st of Dec, 2008

This operation defines the word SHADY! The individual who answered the phone announced the name of the company and then put me on hold to speak with somebody. The SAME guy then came back on the phone as if I had been transfered to another department. When he went to "verify" my information, he just put the phone down on the table and it sounded like he was looking through a pile of paper. When I asked to be removed from their calling list, he told me not to fill out anymore entry forms and waster THEIR time. I didn't fill anything out in the first place!

2nd of Dec, 2008

I, too, received a message on my home phone from "Metro Communications."

I called the number and told me I had won one of four prizes, including (you guessed it) a Lincoln Navigator. Phone rep was nice enough, but could tell I was getting a bit cagey.

I very vaguely remember filling out an online entry form for a car, so, I felt it was possible. But when I asked who they represented (perhaps the name of the company I entered with might jog my memory) the said 'Sunshine Promotions." She told me they were located at K & 31st Street. That puts then under the Whitehurst Freeway, near the cinema.

Struck me as very odd and I told my rep that this was "outside my comfort zone."

Then I did a Google search. I feel like I dodged some kind of bullet!

I'll also be getting in touch with the SEC.

Bottom line: SHADY. Participate at your own risk!

• Dp
      2nd of Dec, 2008

They are a Gosh Darn Scam ( Gotta keep it clean). I just went to, 3100 K Street N.W. Washington, D.C. Warning, Warning, Warning, if you get anything from them, use your insticts. If it sounds to good to be true, then it is. I only say this, as my wife FORCED me on this one, and I went for a ride. About 2-1/2 hours, and we were 20 minutes late. Horrible directions, no close parking, walk a half mile. Sunshine response, oh well we can reschedule another time for you. I live right outside D.C. & could have been there in 30 minutes, (left home one hour before) dumb me I followed ther BS directions. I don't think so, I did not see presentation, but I know in my instincts, this is some kind of High Pressure sales pitch after some 1 hour presentation. I would really love to thow a rock right thru the front door.This is a B.S. CompanyNeed I say more.

• Ls
      5th of Jan, 2009

My husband and I are going next Saturday - any more comments. I believe the true address is: 3050 K St. Suite 901.

• Vj
      13th of Jan, 2009

I don't see where they have actually DONE anything to call them a scam. They may well be but this isn't any kind of real indictment of them because people can't find the office, which I too had a hard time finding. This place sells travel and that is what I would expect them to do. They are closers, so if you lack sales resistance don't go. So far all I hear is speculation about what they might do. I would like some REAL experience stories so I can make some educated decision about them. Please, if you can speak from your own experience about problems, let me know. Thank you.

• Gm
      13th of Jan, 2009

Sounds like a scam! I returned a voice-mail and was told that I "definitely won 1 of 4 prizes, a Lincoln Navigator, $2500.00 in cash, a 3 day 2 night vacation or at the very least a 32 inch flat screen TV. He said that I would have to show up at their offices at 901 31st and K Street NW tomorrow and have a valid drivers license and a credit card. As soon as he said that "Sunshine Promotions" was a discount travel company, I knew something was fishy...

Oh yeah, I had to be part of a "co-habitating couple" and had to show up with my significant other. Complete [censored]!

• To
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I went to the sales pitch on 1/17/09. I didn't mind the pitch because that's what they do. The price dropped from 9k to 3k when I said that I wasn't interested. The issue is, the free trips, are not free. Sunshine Promotions buys vouchers from another company who makes you jump through hoops and, you have to send in $100 "refundable" AFTER your trip. There is nothing stopping this second company CERTS incorporated from keeping your money and saying that the dates you chose are "unavailibile" and your 365 term has expired.

I'm going to continue my investigation without giving my money.

• Cr
      24th of Jan, 2009

My husband and I read your comments but decided to attend to see what it was all about - We had a wonderful time - these people were professional and very nice. All they did was present themselves to us and explain what they do - no pressure, no big deal. I really don't know what the fuss is all about! DON'T MISS THIS ONE ! WE MADE OUT LIKE BANDITS!!!

• Sc
      23rd of Feb, 2009

This is a question for C. Robertson - What exactly did you win?

• Bo
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I just went to 901 31st to the pitch and it wasn't bad at all. They went from 9k to 5600.
    I thought it was a pretty good deal but couldn't do it right now. I'd like to know about this 3k deal cuz I'd jump on it.

The thing is that if they had come down a little lower, I'd have bought it.

• Sc
      12th of Mar, 2009

Looks like a scam, smells like a scam...BTW C Robertson you slightly overdid it LOL very believable to some perhaps