Free Registry Fixer Unlimited Version / Breech of contract - product not delivered

1 14 Wall Street, 20th FloorNew York, NY, United States Review updated:

On March 23, 2009, I made an online purchase of the Unlimited Version of Promosoft Corporation's Free Registry Fixer. This Unlimited Version is advertised as an upgrade version of the Free Registry Fix software. I paid $29.95 by way of credit card for the Free Registry Fix Unlimited Fixer. A receipt was sent to my email address saying my credit card would show a $29.95 transaction from "DRI*247LIVESUPPORTINC". But Promosoft Corporation never sent instructions on how to download and install this software - a clear breech of contract. I sent them emails asking for an immediate refund, but none of my emails have been answered to date.

Ba

Comments

Jm
  30th of Mar, 2009

I have had the same problem. Their customer support is worthless. I could not get the new version activated. I followed their instructions twice... They have something embeded in the registry that you cannot get out.

Up
  6th of Aug, 2009

I used Free Registry Fix for several years and it worked well. My version expired and I only recently downloaded the newer version..several times! I could not get it to work and I kept getting messages saying I needed to upgrade to the newest version (which I had just done at a cost of $33.00) I have contacted promosoft 3 times and no personal response..in fact twice I got an email saying the contact email did not respond to emails..go figure. I am NOT a happy camper and it appears I have just thrown away $33, plus given out my address and phone number to a fraudulent company. DO NOT DOWNLOAD this program

Up
  6th of Aug, 2009

oh..I forgot to mention that each time I tried to run the program it saved itself to my control panel.

Bi
  4th of Oct, 2009

I too have been fooled again by online software.I just hope there are no repercussions with my personal information. I spoke with an online help person who was first named troy and then in an email became brian smith-unusual name lol. Anyway, I told him online that the company will be reported to online fraud and internet scam and hopefully this works in discouraging them from further stealing funds from my credit card. Please let me know if you have any outcome.

He
  11th of Dec, 2009

I wasn't happy that I paid for the full version of Free Registry Fix and it was running on my computer alongside the trial version. Whereas the trial version was showing hundreds of problems the paid for version only showed a few of which only about four were ever 'fixed'.
I felt ripped off and tried to remove it from my computer hard drive. It was very difficult and time consuming deleting all the registry values connected with the programs but I eventually succeeded.
I will never download this sort of problem fixer again.

Mp
  7th of Jan, 2010

I've had exactly the same problems - I previously used this software on my older computer no problem - when I downloaded this in Dec 09 on my new computer it kept wanting to run the trial version - I tried downloading full version again from e-mail link but it said it had expired - I'm really angry at having paid for this and not being able to use it - I've e-mailed the company twice asking for assistance or a refund - no reply. Does anyone have any ideas of where we could complain about this company to prevent others being ripped off.

He
  30th of Jan, 2010

I had a worst problem. I chatted with support 4 times and was directed to remote assistance 3 times taking a total of seven hours of chat.
The last session with remote service scewed up my computer. It took 4 hours to clean up the next day. T hey promised a refund of 29.95. I then chatted with David and Dawn Jan. 20th and Jan 25th both replies were ( give us one business day to investigate the status of your refund). Tonight Jan 30th. I made an attempt to contact them. THEY ARE NO LONGER ON THE INTERNET. SCAM AT ITS BEST. B
elow is a copy of an email I recieved

Refund Request - Free Registry Fix‏
From: FreeRegistryFix Support (freeregistryfix.support@gmail.com)
Sent: Thu 1/14/10 5:02 AM
To: daen.sims4@btopenworld.com; weblo65@hotmail.com; rontolchik1@hotmail.com; garybrink@yahoo.com; levitucker69@yahoo.com

Dear

Thank you for using online support services. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our refund department. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our motel, there is no excuse for a lackadaisical attitude on the part of any of our employees. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.

Your request for refund is accepted and get process in maximum 3 business days.

Regard's
Support Team

Al
  23rd of Jul, 2010

My computer started going slow and recommended the registry fix and the drivecure to fix the problem. I paid for the two programs but the computer slowed down even more and crashed. In the end I went to the local computer shop and he had to re format my hard drive losing all information and programs and reinstall the lot. I was lucky only in the fact that there was another parallel hard drive that mirrored the other on. We changed that drive to a slave and looked at what had caused the problem. We found the win32 Blackbird Virus and on reading this we found that it instructs you to buy these programs. I have not been able to recover my payment from Dri 247livesupportinc or Safecart Drivecure as all my email file was lost in the crash and these programs were totally worthless.

Ka
  1st of Nov, 2010

I have written this co., then am now on line with Brian, who told me to download it - no kuck. We all MUST find a way to REPORT this Co. I am reporting then to the Better business bureau! - Kathy

Ka
  1st of Nov, 2010

The "Free Registry Fixer Unlimited " cannot be downloaded- looks like FRAUD.

14th of Sep, 2012

I ordered Registry Fix from you on August 6, 2012. ORDER # ST79309021 . PLEASE REFUND MY VISA CARD with $29.95. After installing your product I found it didn't help our computer. You have a guarantee that you give a refund. PLEASE REPLY. I have tried to call but your phone number disconnects after the recording. I want a refund. but response.
Connie Oliver

14th of Sep, 2012

Hi, I just downloaded your software free registry fix tonight and it doesn't work properly so I want my money refunded. My order info is;
Personal Information. NO RESPONSE CAN ANY ONE HELP ME HOW HOW TO REFUND OR THEIR CONTACT NUMBER
Amanda Kimble

14th of Sep, 2012

Free registry fix was developed a pakistani person (Mohammad Fiaz rashid) English Name "Michael lansdown" of promosoft corporation.
For all refunds please directly call at this mobile number for refunds. you will surely get it
Wish you a best of luck