Free Grant Kits / unauthorised charges

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I ordered a so-called "free" cd for a grant kit. I was charged $1.14 for shipping & handling. I never recieved the cd and then $39.00 appeared on my bank statement.
Having trouble getting my money credited back to my bank account.
I do believe this counts as fraud as awell as scamming.

There is a phone number, but I get no where with it.
Here is the PH# [protected]. I will keep trying til I get someone and hope this ph# will help some of you out there.

Sincerely,
Karen W.

Ka

Comments

Je
  17th of Mar, 2009

I had the exact same thing happen to me. However, after calling and insisting on a refund, I was refunded the $39, but not the $29 charge from my bank b/c I didn't have enough money in my bank account. A week later, another charge of $7.95 also results in an additional $29 charge from my bank (I have five kids, my husband has been laid off for 6 months and my work has rapidly declined over the past several weeks, which cause our bank account to be constantly dried up). I just got off the phone with him and was told they would refund the $7.95, but not the $29 my bank charged b/c it is my fault I don't have enough money in my bank account!! I am boiling mad especially since this is supposed to help my family, but is hurting my family. That is almost a week's worth of groceries for my family!!

Ch
  25th of Mar, 2009

thats is so not right to use the goverments name to swindel money from sincere needy people this needs to STOP!