Free Gass - Gasoline Redemption / SCAM

Largo, FL, United States Review updated:
4.85
Phone: 800-745-2510

After doing everything we were ask to do including paying $5.00 to receive $125.00 in free gas - buying all our gas from Phillips 66 - mailing in forms with receipts each month - waiting months and months and receiving nothing in return - calling many times to be put on hold - we finally received in the mail a form that said "Recipts were not from same band of gas" refund refused - our receipts were attached and ALL FROM THE SAME PHILLIPS 66 GAS STATION. This is a SCAM - DO NOT SEND IN YOUR $5.00.
Ro

Comments

Pa
  22nd of Nov, 2008
As I posted on a different site, my father got sucked into Freebeegas.com before they changed their name to GasolineRedemption.com. It looks like they rip off as many people as they can, change their name and then start all over again.

GasolineRedemption.com (as they were previously FreeBeeGas.com) has an unsatisfactory record with the Florida Better Business Bureau. They take your $5, send e-mails saying they've received your gas receipts when you send them in but that's all they do. Apparently they go for several months explaining to customers that they're merely behind and then change their name to start fresh with new customers. I don't know if they also get money from car dealerships or not.

Definitely avoid GasolineRedemption.com
Yo
  2nd of Dec, 2008
I got a key in the mail from a car dealership, They said i had won 75.00 in free gas. All i had two do was mail in 100.00 in gas receipts for each month. Sept. Oct. Nov. I'm still waiting for my first 25.00 gas card. I don't understand why people would play such a game with people when times or so hard. This is my first time ever two win anything. but you quess it i still have not won...

Nothing Is Ever Free..
------------------------------------
Fl
  8th of Dec, 2008
I received a certificate for $250 in free gas from this same company in exchange for attending a seminar selling real estate and grant materials. I followed the instructions provided: to purchase $100.00 in gasoline each month at the gas station that was chosen. I received an email confirmation that my September receipt was received on 9/16/08, my October receipt was received on 10/22/08 & my November receipt was received on 11/19/08.

When I didn't receive the card for the September receipt timely, I started calling & sending emails. When I called, I had to leave a message & did not receive a response. I did receive a reply to an email sent by me from Kristina on 10/23/08 stating that there was a delay & to be patient. When subsequent emails were reported as undeliverable, I searched for a possible scam & found this site. I checked the BBB and found there were hundreds of complaints filed so was sure it was a scam. Before sending in my December receipt & wasting more money in postage, I tried calling again - this time I called early in the morning & got a live person, August, who promised me she would send the September card immediately. That was 12/2 & I received the card on 12/7. I don't know if I would ever have received a card if I hadn't talked to August so I plan to call in a couple of weeks if I don't receive the October card by then. My suggestion to anyone waiting for a gas card is to call the number as early as possible - do not leave a message & do not waste time sending an email.
Ja
  17th of Dec, 2008
I am having the same problem with gasolineredemption.com. First I was told that they were simply behind on sending out gift cards; then I was told that they normally don't get behind and they agreed that my account was past due and that they would resolve the matter immediately; today I was told that they changed software and had moved but I should get my gift cards by December31st.
Today I filed a complaint with BBB. I will at least get my $5 back!
Ro
  25th of Dec, 2008
GasolineRedemption.com has also scammed me. They taken my $5. and enrolled me into a discount program of traveling, motel rates at all discounted. They told me of alot of other discounts I would recieve, on appliances. They would take $9.99 out of my account every month. I told the women I couldn't afford it, I'm on a limited income and having a hard time making it. She told me if I paid the $5., I would get 2 vouchers of $50. (I did), but they are no good. She told me to call up and cancel the membership within 2 weeks, and I would get the gas FREE anyway, her name was Tiffney Miles, very kind girl. I promissed myself I wouldn't get scammed and it looks like I did. This young girl scammed this old lady. They have my account number now and I have to watch for that amount to be taken out of my account. If they do, I'll have the bank take care of it. We have a TV station that likes these sort of stories. Maybe I'll let them know so no one else can get scammed like stupid me. I told her it was to good to be true, she assured me "It's not a scam". BULL.
Wi
  26th of Dec, 2008
The case file cited below relates to a civil -- not a criminal -- investigation. The existence of an investigation does not constitute proof of any violation of law.

Case Number: L08-3-1160

Subject of investigation:
Tidewater Marketing Global Consultants, Inc. d/b/a FreeGasRedemption.com and FreeBeeGas.com

Subject's address:
2189 Cleveland Street Suite 257B Clearwater, FL 33765

Subject's business:
Advertising, Promotions, Online Business

Allegation or issue being investigated:
Unfair business practices associated with the promotion, redemption, use and administration of free gasoline vouchers, certificates and offers.

AG unit handling case:
Economic Crimes Division in Tampa, Florida

View contact information for Tampa.
Ad
  14th of Jan, 2009
I am also being scammed by "Gasolineredemption.com". Had I not been offered this program by what I though was a reputable car dealership...

OC Nissan Irvine
30 Auto Center Dr.
Irvine, Ca. 92618
(888)476-7722

...I would have never signed up. The advertisement they sent me stated... "Spend at least $150 or more in our service department and you will receive a $250 gas voucher.

First of all, the term "voucher" in singular form lead me to believe it would be a one time event. I only found out it would take 10 months of my time after I spent the $150. A quick search on the Web has opened my eyes to the fact that it's a scam. At least I won't waste anymore time saving receipts.

I am going to demand the $250 from Nissan since their name was on the advertisement. It's probably not worth the bad publicity to them, especially in an economic downturn. If that doesn't net a result I will send a letter to Nissan Corp. and cc my local Better Business Bureau. I would suggest the same to anyone else being given this offer through a reputable company.

I'll post again to this site when I get an answer.
Su
  15th of Jan, 2009
I received a $250 free gas certificate from a I sent in $100 receipts for the past 4 months (Sept '08-Dec '08) and have not received a single $25 gas card. I called them about 3 months ago and the woman explained the program in more detail answering my questions. I called them a few days ago and the phone just rang and rang. I called this morning and got the message "all circuits are busy." This is a SCAM. Do NOT paypal them the $5. I will be making a complaint to the BBB today.
Tj
  27th of Jan, 2009
I received an email response after not getting any of my cards in the mail that read...

Dear Valued Customer,

We have incurred a complete sequel server database crash; we are aggressively working just as fast as possible to get the newest system functioning properly to better service your account.

These issues were unavoidable and unintentional. We have completed the new database software and are in the process of switching the new and the old. During this time you may experience telecommunication issues with our firm, as well as internet. We are currently creating a list of all cards due, which will be shipped between now and mid-January 2009. I understand this is a frustrating situation. You have all rights to be upset. However, keep sending in your receipts - our top priority is your satisfaction and assurance that you will receive everything owed to you.

Sincerely,

Judy
Gasoline Redemption
Li
  1st of Feb, 2009
I received $250 gas voucher for staying at a resort in Gatlinburg over the summer this voucher was given as an incentive to encourage business the rental companies were suffering because of the expensive gas. I have sent $100 worth of gas receipts from the same gasoline supplier for the past 7 months. I received emails the first 3 months telling me they had received the receipts and would be sending a gift card. So far I have received only 1 gift card for $25.00 and continue to send receipts. I have not been able to contact the company by phone or email. I did pay the $5.00 fee inorder to receive the gift cards. I would be interested in finding out how the merchants who offered these incentives are reacting to this scam. I have kept copies of each monthly correspondence with this freebiegas company
Oh
  4th of Feb, 2009
GasolinRedemption.com- I received $250 gas voucher from GasolineRedepmtion for attending seminar here in Columbus, Ohio last summer and I have sent $100 worth of gas receipts from the same gasoline supplier for the past 5 months after registering at their website and payed $5 fee in order to receive the gift cards. I received emails the first 4 months telling me they had received the receipts and would be sending a gift card. So far I have NOT received any gift card and started to wonder if I have been scammed. I have not been able to contact the company by phone or email so i decided to goggle gasolineredemption and found this complains. I would be interested in finding out how the merchants who offered these incentives are aware of this scam.
Br
  6th of Feb, 2009
don't believe anything they tell you - I've been trying to get cards since sept and each time I call they tell me some different excuse. I tried calling today and the numbers are now disconnected. I have filed a complaint with our ATTY Generals office, but doubt much will come of it.
  9th of Feb, 2009
I got certificates in July. After meeting requirements for first two months, I complained to local Dodge dealer (Kernersville Dodge in NC) who had promotion. By close of business that day, I had a return call from GasolineRedemption.com ( 800-514-0366 ext 44, Steve) and was told two gift cards in mail that day. Received them within week, around 11.21.08. Now waiting for last two cards. Were to be sent by Jan 12. Called and asked for update. Told server crashed and all cards to be out in one week. Called on 1/28/09 for update and told outside company hired to fulfill backlog and all cards to be mailed by 1.31.09. Still no cards, and now toll free number is not in service. Website says toll free number down with apology.

I have called Dodge dealer again with request for help again. No reply as of now. I am starting to lose hope...
Fr
  10th of Feb, 2009
yes they said i would get free gas to up to 300 dollars worth i sent in 100 in gas rec an have not got nothing yet an i have a lot of health prombles i went threw cancer in 2003 so i really need the gas for doctors has any one got there cards yet my phone number is 573 674 4599 are e-mail is francis_poe@yahoo .com
An
  12th of Feb, 2009
THEY NEED TO SHUT THE DOORS to GASOLINE REDEMPTION! This has got to be one of the biggest scams. I am surprised that someone hasn't closed this business down. It does not make any sense that customers have to hound them to get results. I filed a complaint with the BBB in West Florida. I suggest that you do the same. Maybe the word will get out and they will close this place down.
An
  12th of Feb, 2009
Try to call 800-514-0366 and see what you get???!!?? The number is now invalid!
Ch
  12th of Feb, 2009
I received a call in Jan that my cards for Sept, Oct and Nov. would be mail the first week in Feb. I tried calling the number they gave me and the extention and was told it was an invalid number. I have a persons name but alot that would do.
I have reach them before only to be told that they did not receive the $25.00 gift cards in as yet and would forward them as soon asthey came in. I have submited eveything they ask and received confirmation to the fact. I have written letters to the president with no reply. I guess we are all in the same boat except mine was the fact of going to see a time share and you would receive the Free Gass Certificate. What a scam. And nobody want to help.
Ti
  12th of Feb, 2009
I have the SAME issue. Looks like this thread was started a bit after I signed up. It was through Travel Advantage Network. Send in the $5 and the vouchers... well I've been waiting as well. My first complaint was about not even receciving the receipts and on Sept 1, 08 I received an email from

Shawn
Customer Service:
(800) 514-0366
Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday
10 A.M. - 6 P.M.

Finally Jan 2, 09 I sent an email inquiring on my status since I have yet to receive anything in over 70 days. Jan 7, I received the following email

Dear Valued Customer,

Sincerely,

Heather
Gasoline Redemption

Since then I have sent 5 emails and numerous calls. Emails are failing and their phone number continues to give me a fast / busy signal. And yes, "Angry Customer" the number is invalid. I am going to call Travel Advantage Network and DEMAND at least that $5 back. And I will be reporting this so called gas redemption company to the BBB.

Thanks all... I have NOT lost my mind!
Cc
  22nd of Feb, 2009
I am just getting started on my redemption program. Sent in my first voucher with 102. in gas purchases on Jan.3, 2009. I have heard nothing back from the company. Based on what I am reading, it looks like I wasted my time. I received my entitlement through a Dodge dealership.

cck
Mm
  23rd of Feb, 2009
I began my gasredemption.com journey in October 2008. I have yet to receive $25 gas card. I have e-mailed and received the above information about a server database crash and would receive my gift by the end of January. I just called the 1-800-514-0366 number and it said that it no longer exists. Went on the gasredemption.com website and there is a 404 error. I guess we were all taken!