Free Gas Redemption / Co. takes $5 and postage paid with no promissed gas cards in return

1 3665 E. Bay Dr. Ste 204 #17, Largo, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-828-5266 no longer in service

I bought a bedroom set from Linder's furniture because the salesperson told us we could get a free gas redemption certificate for $500 with our purchase. I did everything as requested and never received any gift cards for $25/month that I sent in $100 worth of Chevron gas receipts per month. I had to pay $5 via PayPal on 10/06/08 to Web Productions Inc to get set up to receive my vouchers. I want my $5 back along with $1.68 in postage for 4 months worth of receipts mailed. I would love to be a part of a class action case against the parties responsible for this farse.

Comments

• Ra
      6th of Mar, 2009

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO BE PART OF CLASS ACTION !!!

12th of Mar, 2009

i bought my truck bac in November of 2017. Did everything I was suppose to and still have not received anything. I call every day and the number does not go thru. This was a big scam. I am pissed and I want my redemption!!!

12th of Mar, 2009

I went to the West Florida Better Business Bureau website and found out more about this company. In February of 2017 they were indicted for fraudulent business practices and their assets were frozen. Apparently it was a scam from the beginning. Unfortunately I ended up with $1000 worth of these bogus vouchers. Here's what you do.

Go to these two websites and file a complaint. When the investigation is complete, I think there is a possibility of getting a refund out of the companies siezed assets.

www.bbbwestflorida.org (this is the Better Business Bureau)

www.myfloridalegal.com (this is the Florida Attorney Generals Office)

25th of Mar, 2009
    Free Gas Redemption - Scam; Did not recieve any gift cards
    Free Gas Redemption
    3665 East Bay Dr. Ste. 204 #17
    Largo
    Florida
    Phone: 888-828-5266
    freegasredemption.com

I received a $500 free gas voucher in november for the purchase of four new tires at Tire Kingdom. The voucher was actually the reason I decided to buy the tires at Tire Kingdom. The instructions were simple; I was to mail $100 in original gas receipts per month at a selected gas station (Shell), and in turn I was to receive a $25 gas gift card for that month. I have been mailing receipts in since November and have not recieved a SINGLE gift card. Even worse, my emails were ignored and their customer service line is not in service. I had NO idea a company with a reknowned name like Tire Kingdom would be involved in gimmicks or that they would partner with companies that partake in scamming innocent consumers.
    *** IF THERE IS MORE WE CAN DO, LET'S DO IT! THIS NEEDS TO BE A CLASS ACTION! THE OWNERS OF THE COMPANY MUST PAY! (Since God knows the company can't).

• Cl
      30th of Mar, 2009

I also have been sending in the vouchers for my $25/month rebate from freegasremdption.com after buying furntire from Linders in Torrance, CA last year. I have sent them in each month since last November, and still have nothing.
    Last week's submission was returned, marked "return to sender/refused/unable to forward". The address was correct as 3665 East Bay Dr, Ste.204 #17, Largo, FL 33771-1965, and their original flyer says to call them with any questions, but there is no phone number.
    I'll file complaints with the two sites listed... .thanks for the tip.

• Ly
    Largo
    Florida
    Phone: 800-514-0366
    freegasredemption.com

As part of a purchse of 4 new tires from Tire Kingdom I was sent a certificate for "$500 in Free Gas". For a $5 initial fee, the monthly award of a $25 gas card with a submission of $100 in gas receipts was promised. I received no response to the first set of receipts (Jan. '09) and the receipts submitted in Feb. were returned in late March, marked "return to sender . . moved . . . no forwarding address"

27th of Apr, 2009

I have been sending in my receipts since June 2017 and never received any refunds. I was articulate in getting the exact information they had requested. Looks like I lost my time, a $5 money order and provided this company with lots of free postage.

Charles

• Bs
      2nd of Jul, 2009

UPDATE: Voucher promoter BBZ files Chapter 11
    Consumers complained about retail incentive program
    Heath Combs -- Furniture Today, July 2, 2017
    HIGH POINT — BBZ Resource Management, which offered a free gas and grocery voucher incentive program tied to purchases of furniture and other products, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

The filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Arizona has few details, listing both assets and liabilities of between $1 million to $10 million.

Several Better Business Bureau offices began issuing alerts about Mesa, Ariz.-based BBZ this month after receiving more than 225 complaints from 40 states about its gift card voucher program. In addition, KNXV-TV in Phoenix reported that the Oregon attorney general's office is investigating BBZ as a possible pyramid scheme.

The vouchers were offered as promotions by retailers including furniture stores, electronics chains and car dealers, among others. Typically, they advertised $100 to $500 worth of free gas or groceries with purchases.

Vouchers were sold to retailers via brokers by BBZ. Consumers were to send BBZ receipts from gas and grocery purchases, and BBZ was supposed to issue gift card rebates adding up to the total offer of the promotion.

Most of the complaints were for non-receipt of gift cards, delays in getting them, non-activation of the cards, or that they were only good for a gas station outside of consumer's area, the BBB said.

Ashley Furniture HomeStores was one of the largest furniture retailers to sell the vouchers. Steve Phillips, who co-owns six Ashley stores located mostly in St. Louis, ran the promotion in February and said he'd recently begun to be deluged with complaints.

Phillips said he has set up a Web site to handle the complaints and has begun working with a new company, through representatives that sold him the voucher program, to redeem customers' certificates.

Kerry Lebensburger, Ashley Furniture president of sales, said BBZ claimed the program was bonded and insured, and suggested that participants in the program talk to their lawyers about seeking those funds.

BBZ claimed to have issued 160, 000 certificates in March, the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times reported.

Furniture/Today was unable to reach BBZ, whose offices refer all inquiries by phone to a Web site. Bankruptcy papers listed the president of BBZ as Justin Elenburg.

The BBB reported that it believed the company was run by Troy Warren. Furniture/Today was unable to reach Warren's attorney, Peter Gorski.

• Me
      7th of Jul, 2009

I filed a complaint with the BBB in Arizona as instructed by bbb.org but I doubt anything will come of this. I never would have bought an $1100 mattress set if America's Mattress did not entice us in with the $500 in free groceries. As tedious as the redemption process was, we did it because we just cannot afford not to! I am so upset. I hope to God we see something out of this!