Free Gas Central, Largo, Florida / SCAM

Largo, FL, United States Review updated:
As usual, if it's too good to be true...
This SCAM involves saving fuel receipts and redeeming them for gift cards. Even after following their instuctions precisely AND receiving their email confirmations...NO gift cards ever came the mail. I hope to be part of a class action suit against these people...
Bu

Comments

Ke
  11th of Dec, 2008
I too have apparently been scammed. I received my "free" certificates, from a car dealer marketing gimmick. Starting with September receipt submissions, and promptly have mailed Sep, Oct and Nov and have not been able to ahold of a live person that works there either. When I called today and the voicemailbox was full, I figured something was up. Oh well, I guess a 25% return on your money was too good to be true too.
Sc
  17th of Jan, 2009
I am royally ticked off. I have been sending my receipts in for 3 months.. each time i get an email confirming i have sent them in.. but NO money from them in return. I to, received these vouchers from a car dealership when i purchased my truck. My wife thought maybe i should look into this and we found this website... i hope something happens with this company... they get $5 from how many people? What will it take to shut them down? I hope that we hear soon that something has been done legally to shut them down.
Su
  31st of Jan, 2009
I've sent in seven [7] gas receipts since April 2008 and have received two [2] refund debit cards after numerous phone calls and email complaints. It was perseverance and patience that finally allowed me to reach a live person [s] via telephone as their line is either busy or the voice mailbox is full. Obviously a scam that should be investigated.
Ha
  3rd of Feb, 2009
I am royally ticked off. I have been sending my receipts in for 4 months.. each time i get an email confirming i have sent them in.. but NO money from them in return. I to, received these vouchers from Ashley Furniture in NJ when i purchased my Sofa. i hope something happens with this company... they get $5 from me. What will it take to shut them down? I hope that we hear soon that something has been done legally to shut them down.
Jo
  3rd of Feb, 2009
This is one of the many gas scams that came about when gas went up. There is nothing you can do like joining a class action lawsuit thinking your going to get free money. More or less the government and the local law will just say it's your own fault.
Br
  6th of Feb, 2009
why is this our own fault? I have done the same thing for free groceries with a different company and I am receiving those grocery gift cards as promised. I agree we will never get our $5 back, or our time, or other costs associated with this, but this is NOT OUR FAULT. There ARE legitimate companies out there doing this, but this one is not one of them.
Br
  6th of Feb, 2009
BTW - they have now disconnected all of their phones.
Mi
  6th of Feb, 2009
When the Lincoln Dealership we got our "wonderful deal" from closed their doors forever, we lost out on our follow-up opportunity to hit them for the money owed. So...when the lawsuit comes, count me in. They owe me the $5 registration and activation fee plus the $75 they owe for the receipts we already submitted.

Mike
  17th of Feb, 2009
As everyone on this page is experiencing at this time, I have the same story. I started sending my receipts in August. I would receive an email conformation, saying, "your receipts have been processed and are in good standings". I have did this each month. I have still to date received a card. I was in contact with their customer service several times between November and December. They would tell me that they were in the mail...:) right!!! I just received a call today from their department, after several emails, telling me that they would go out this month. So I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt, and say it is not a scam at this point. I will keep posted, to let know status. Keep Emailing Them!!!
Da
  17th of Feb, 2009
I received my card from Lincoln also. Guess this was a Madoff enterprise as I got sucked into this swindle also. Guess I am out the $5.00 and the $100.00 in FREE GAS. Let's get a suite going. Danny
  17th of Feb, 2009
Danny, there really is nothing we can do about this situation, besides being persistent. I would contact the dealer that gave you the voucher, because they are the one's that are out... a lot more than any of us. But keep e-mailing gas central.
  19th of Feb, 2009
If anyone out there has not heard by now, this company has officially shut down, this was an entire crock...
Ma
  24th of Feb, 2009
ditto here, I was mailing the gas tickets each month, and I too was getting emails from this company indicating that I would be reimbursed for my money, I have contacted the dealer that had this slimball in his dealership.

Hopefully I will be ab le to post some response to this, or I will go to the Attorney General in my state
Ml
  27th of Feb, 2009
I have submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. Please go see this link:

This is a scam, legal action has been taken in Feb 2009, and it looks like we won't see our "free gas cards" any time soon. Over 2, 000 complaints have been filed with the BBB - please let them know how many people have been affected! Send your complaint in to the BBB! It is fast and simple.
Ts
  19th of Jan, 2010
Looks like I am not alone in this SCAM, it is disgusting. Should I continue to save all of my info on the offer? Is that what everyone else is doing? I will file a complaint w/ BBB! How will we know if action has been pursued?