Free Fuel Center / Not receiving what was promised

Supposedly, if a customer, who has properly completed a form, is supposed to receive as much as $500 worth of free gas vouchers (in the form of a $25.00 gas card) for a period of 20 months. All the customer is supposed to do is to submit to the company a minimum of $100 in original gas receipts and within 4-6 weeks or so, will receive the gas card. However, it seems after getting the first gas card, no more are sent out to those customers, even though they keep sending e-mails stating they received that month's gas receipts and will process them shortly. However, those future gas cards never seem to arrive. It sounds like a real scam to me!

Bi

Comments

19th of Mar, 2009

have you tried contacting customer service? A similar thing happened to me and I sent an email and they got back to me and my second card arrived shortly thereafter.

• Rh
      20th of Mar, 2009

Who are you anyway? I do not believe you have a real complaint. I think you are trying to cause trouble.

I saw this same post on another board and someone there caught you. You never got a card. You are not even a customer of this company you are calling names. Like the poster on the other board I think you are out to make trouble for a company that seems to be doing what they are saying they do.

I was one of the people who fought to get my gas cards from Tidewater Marketing aka freebeegas in FL. (Just check this message board to see how hard I fought.) And when I found out they were a scam I fought just as hard as the thousands of other people to get them shut down. Well, now they are. This board was one of the main reasons that happened.

But, since going through all this I've only read good things about this Free Fuel Center, and although I have never done business with them, if I were offered a certificate or voucher I think I would try it.

Not all businesses are bad, just because of one bad apple.

• Mi
      22nd of Mar, 2009

Bill is absolutely correct in his complaint. The exact same thing has happened to me. I have submitted receipts for four months, October - January, and have only received one gift card of $25. I received an email notice for two of those months that they were denying issuing the $25 gift card -- the reason for one of the months that I had not submitted original receipts, and the reason for the other month that I did not remain loyal to the petrolium company that I had selected. Both of their assumptions were incorrect. I did indeed submit original receipts whereas they asserted that I had made copies and had not sent originals. The second denial they asserted that I had not remained loyal to the chosen brand, when indeed all of the receipts were from the petrolium company that I had selected. I've yet to receive or hear anything about the 4th submission, and I'm certain that they will come up with another excuse, or one of the same excuses, to not send the reward. I have contacted their customer service three times, and they have not replied back to any of my emails. This company is indeed a farce. and and I'm not afraid to reveal who it is... it is Claim Your Gas, and this is their web site http://www.claimyourgas.com/. Rhonda, if you had any experience with this particular company, your opinion would be much different. Bill's complaint IS real, so I will use your own words for my final comment..."Keep you "supposedly's", your "However, it seems" and "assumptions" to yourself. This board is for real people with real complaints so we can help them get results just like with Tidewater Marketing." If you are so good at being able to bring about resolution, maybe you could do something about 'Claim Your Gas'. Michael

• Er
      1st of Apr, 2009

I HAVE A VOUCHER AND I HAVE BEEN SENDING THEM IN FOR THREE MONTHS AND I HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANYTHING AND THEY DONT ANSWER MY E-MAILS, AND NOW THEY WONT LET ME LOG IN TO THERE SITE. IT IS A RIP OFF...

• Ko
      1st of Apr, 2009

I say go to www.azfamily.com and contact 3 on your side lets take this compnay SCAM down. I am having the SAME problem with this compnay I have sent in vouchers since Nov, rcvd 1 gas card and since then they come up with some reason not to send it OR they send an email saying it's being sent but it's a false email with a noreply address just to cover them self. They send 1 card to you if that and deny and lie about the rest. They rip off the companys that they give or sell these vouchers to, who then in turn give to a customer and we the customer get nothing making the company that gave you the promo look bad and knowing this compnay is a SCAM. 3 on your side lets take em down! I already have a BBB report in too.

• Ro
      6th of Apr, 2009

I too am having problems with them. They sent the first card out without a problem. Now they seem to have added a rule that the receipts for each month have to be postmarked by the end of that same month - that is, no grace period to mail them in. I read the rules VERY carefully when we first signed up, and I know I didn't see this rule at that time. So, they've denied our January and February submissions, and now since March 31st has passed, that claim will be denied too, I presume. I haven't contacted them yet about this; I googled first and ended up here, and now my hopes aren't as high.

• Ad
      14th of Apr, 2009

I have had the same experience with this company. I have sent in serveral months and not received anything. I have emailed (because there is no phone #) and gotten no response. I cannot figure out why a company would continue to send emails and not follow through. What are they using our receipts for?!?!?!

• Ji
      22nd of Apr, 2009

Like some of the others who have posted, I received my first three gas cards. However, on my last submission, I was told that my receipts did not add up to $100. I emailed them back and said I had a copy of the receipts so I could fax it to them. Their response (by email, no phone number) was we have checked and your receipts total $79. They had asked me earlier when I received my first rebate to go to the store (Ashley Home Furnishings) and have my picture taken with the card so they could use it for publicity purposes. I have noticed on the new website (Freefuelcenter.com no longer exists) that people have done this and it adds an air of legitimacy to their program. I am sure I have received my last dollar from them.

• Ph
      24th of Apr, 2009

I too am a victim. I received my first gas card and nothing more in 4 months. I emailed them and weeks later they responded that my receipts and vouchers were received and processed and that it would take another 12 weeks ... still nothing. I am sure I will not receive anything from them. The same thing is true for claimyourgroceries.com. Nothing!

• Vi
      29th of Apr, 2009

This is true, I got my first two cards and then the next two were denied, I did not send them in before the last day of the month. It is a rip off for Ashley Furniture, I am sure they paid to have this service for their customers.

I am still sending my receipts in but will notify Ashley Furniture to not do business with this company. Freefuelcenter.

Vicki

• Mi
      1st of May, 2009

same complaint here. i have received one card for november's receipts and none since even though i've mailed $100 worth of receipts every month before the 1st of the month.

• Fq
      1st of May, 2009

What are they doing with these reciepts? Are they laundering them to big trucking companies for tax write offs or something?
    Someone call the IRS, because I'm psychic and usually right on the money.

• Ta
      2nd of May, 2009

Agree with all comments here. Have submitted receipts for 5 months and have never received my $25 gift card. They always e-mail an excuse as to why I did not qualify. Sent to late, receipts don't add up to $100, different gas stations used. It's a scam I always make sure I blacked out cc information. Done with them. No the web site is no longer on line.

• Da
      4th of May, 2009

My friend, my brother and I all have $500 vouchers. We have sent the receipts before the end of each month beginning in February. They have sent emails confirming that they are being processed, but none of us have gotten even one rebate. We have sent dozens of requests and complaints to their customer service dept. but still have not gotten satisfatory replies. I think the whole set up is a big scam

• Ka
      10th of May, 2009

I too am a victim. I have been submitting since October through Ashley's promotion. Recieved 2 cards, that's it. Have recieved notifications that they received my information and they have process correctly.

1) What does Ashley say about this? I'd love to hear what they are doing about this scam.
    2) They have changed websites, and address to Claimyourgas.com.
    3) If you sent a compaint, better resend another to this company.
    4) We now need to send receipts to another address.

• Ka
      10th of May, 2009

Just saw in their fine print that it takes 10-12 weeks to get your gift card after they receive the voucher.

I just sent them an email to customer service, we shall see where that takes me.

11th of May, 2009

Hi,

I received 1 card (what should have been the first of 4). I should have received 3 more. For the 2nd and 3rd submissions, I received an email that the submissions were being processed but that is it. From all the postings I suspect I won't receive the rest. I am going to go back to Furniture Row and see about getting the money from them since this was a $100 incentive to buy furniture.

John

• Te
      15th of May, 2009

I had the same experience. Received the first card, but then nothing for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th month. Nothing since December, and now it is May.
    We sent most of our mailings at the middle of the month, so no chance they were submitted late.
    Fortunately, I am in Phoenix, and the address I have been sending these to is in Mesa, about 20 minutes drive away. I'll go there today on lunch to see what's there, and if anyone answers the door.
    1839 S. Alma School Rd, Suite 200, Mesa, AZ 85210

• Te
      15th of May, 2009

I went down there on lunch, as planned. They have moved to a larger office, now at:
    827 W. Grove Ave
    Suite 100
    Mesa, AZ 85210

They explained that there was a problem with the company who sends out some of their cards and they are working on getting it fixed. They promised to mail me the cards they owe me next week, directly from their office.

The company is called "Incentive International" and the Free Fuel Center is just one of the names under which they operate.

Overall, they appear to be on the up-and-up. We'll see if I get my cards - I'll post again in a week.

I'd recommend calling them directly - 480-786-5478

• Co
      18th of May, 2009

you should call them, I had a similar issue and they were able to send me my gift cards. 480-455-5192. Talk to Steven or Nicole