Free Credit Report.com / Double charges

Lookout for this company! FREE CREDIT REPORT IS NOT FREE. Their website states get your free credit report, but in small writing it says you will be charged only 14.95 if not cancelled within 7 days. That's 14.95 per month until you cancel. No where does it say this is only for 1 credit report company. It says Triple, which means all 3 credit reporting agencies. A week later, I forgot to cancel so I was charged 14.95. Which was my fault. I looked on my credit card and I also was charge an additional 24.95 a week later. I called and cancelled the "membership" and demanded a refund on the 24.95 charge. The woman told me that it was for getting all 3 credit agency reports. I told her this was false advertising and she talked to her supervisor and they assured me I would get a refund of the additional 24.95. I still have not gotten the credit and am filing a report with the consumer protection agency in Wisconsin. DO NOT GO TO THIS WEBSITE, THEY ARE A RIPOFF!

Vi

Comments

12th of Jul, 2007
    Free Credit Report.com - Charging without consent

I went on to Free Credit Report.com and it said free for three days and I went on and canceled before. I also called the first month that they started taking money out. I now have accumulated $99 dollars in non-sufficient funds charges as well as there $12.95 charge every month.

• Je
      24th of Jul, 2007
    Free Credit Report.com - Keep billing my credit card even though I have notified them to stop

I ordered a "free credit report" for a friend. They started billing my credit card monthly and still are even though my friend and I have both called and notified that they are to stop. Supposedly I was automatically enrolled in a credit reporting package with charges. There was never any "free" services with this.

• Ra
      5th of Sep, 2007
    Free Credit Report.com - Unauthorized charges!

I too have been being charged a monthly fee of $12.95 from this company. I did order the three credit reports from www.freecreditreport.com, but never did I ever sign up for the triple advantage. My bank is also no help at all. Will not even give me a number to call the company. How do I get a hold of these ### and get them to stop fraudulently charging my card. Avoid www.freecreditreport.com like the plague!!!

• Am
      11th of Mar, 2008

Their phone number is 877-481-6825.

• Je
      22nd of May, 2008
    Free Credit Repoer - Over charge

Free credit report is not free. . . They have been charging my credit card for months at the rate of 14. 95. They are listed on my credit card bill as cic*triple advantage (Should be listed as "take advantage!" when i call their number (877 - 481 - 6825, in ca) the first option after the introduction is "if you would like to cancel press #1. " i guess that should tell us that it is a scam and they are doing it to everyone!

16th of Sep, 2008
    Freecredit Report Helpline - Money from bank account
    freecredit reporting

I did not authorize fund froom my bank account The amount is 6.98 this needs to be refunded to my account

• De
      15th of Oct, 2008
    Free Credit Report.com - no way to close account

there is no way to get a hold of these people to close a account that was to be free the credit card information was for access to my records, then I did read the fine print and It gives you 7 days to close the account. But everytime a try I either get a auto message that business hours were closed, but it was 9am cst and 8pst.

• Ju
      9th of Nov, 2008
    Free Credit Report.com - cont. to charge after I cancelled
    CIC Triple Advantage
    freecreditreport.com

I've cancelled these 2 accounts and I've continued to be charged for 3 months. On one, they charge me $12.95, the other, $14.95.
    I don't know how to get them to stop or to get my money refunded.

• Gr
      10th of Nov, 2008

I have been trying for three hours to cancel my memship, with no luck. I can't do it on line, or by telephone, once they have you, they have by the goobers. I think FreeCredit.com could be classified as goober smucher's, they suck. I'm on ssi and cannot afford this. How often do you need to check your credit report anyway? they really suck. screwed in Oklahoma.

• Un
      23rd of Apr, 2009

They put in fine print somewhere that they will be charging you $14.95 or more a month.
    You would think they would have it more clear to people that they are going to be getting charged a monthly fee.
    Little on the shady side if you ask me.

Good luck

8th of Jun, 2009
    Free Credit Report.com - Unauthorized Bank Withdrawal
    The Pallet Shop
    Pottsville
    Pennsylvania
    RB43@Evenlink.com

Unauthorized withdrawal from Checking Account, $12, 95 each month. I would like it stopped, and money returned.

• St
      11th of Jun, 2009

Hi, my name is Stefan and I am an analyst at a New York law firm. We have been investigating Freecreditreport.com for the same things that you are complaining about on this board. We are looking to file a class action complaint against Freecreditreport.com. We would be interested in hearing more from you about your experience.
    Please feel free to contact me at ssavic@balestriere.net or at (212) 374-5400 x126

28th of Jul, 2009
    Free Credit Report.com - False Credit Report
    Free Credit Report.com
    Tennessee

I recieved all three copies of the Credit Agentcies Report which in turn gave me high scores with a good report. But at the real Agentcies they gave a real score of a lower standard. Free Credit Report.com is only a scam

• Ab
      3rd of Aug, 2009
    Free Credit Report.com - Charges
    Credit reports
    California
    freecreditreports.com

Rip offs - Do not use this or you will be charged 14.95 continually. When you call to complain they offer no refund. Very rude and insulting. The number is 877 288 8060 please flood them with complaints!...

• Re
      29th of Aug, 2009

You are entitled to get a free credit report from Experian, Trans Union, and Equifax ONCE a year, but contact them on your own. You can also get free reports, if your credit was rejected for any reason recently if you applied for credit anywhere.

• Re
      29th of Aug, 2009

You can also file a report with the Better Business Bureau in your area about the complaint, and will get a quicker response with them than the Attorney General Office- Consumer Protection takes longer to get issues resolved. I hope this helps you.

• Mu
      10th of Sep, 2009

ANNUALCREDITREPORT.COM is the ONLY WEBSITE where you can get a free credit report...PERIOD

31st of Dec, 2009
    Free Credit Report.com - unauthorized charges
    Free credit report .com
    Conover
    North Carolina

I received my free credit report on line which I am now being charged $14.95 a month which I did not want or agree to. Please remove me from this service and return the payments to me which you took without my consent I did not agree to this service and want my money back. Respectfully Anne Kinzer

3rd of Jan, 2010
    Free Credit Report.com - free credit report charges
    free credit report
    16427 Filbert Street
    Fountain Valley
    California
    Phone: 714 775 3606

I do not want access to free credit report.com at a not so free cost of $14.95. I'm not sure when all this started or why, but I've gone back 4 months and the $14.95 charge is there. Please cancel and respond as soon as possible.

• Po
      4th of Jan, 2010

I have also been charged $14.95 for several months on my credit card for a service from FreeCreditReport.com that I don't want. This is fraud and a scam and I want it stopped. Surely there are legal consequences against companies that engage in this kind of practice. Please, tell me what to do about it.