Fred Loya Insurance / scammers

My car, that i owned for less that a year, was very badly damagd in a hail storm back in september and the within a few days I went in to their office to file a claim. Quickly the trouble started. Yes they took pictures of my car and promptly wrote a check but then here's the kicker, every body shop (5 of them)said that the check was less than a half of what it would take to repair my vehicle and that actually my vehicle should have been deemed "a total loss".

Two and a half weeks of trying to no avail to get a hold of the person who was supposed to be in charge of writing me a second check and then a five 5 minute phone call with some subordinate later I was told that it wouldn't be necessary to write me a check because if the damage was that bad then they would simply deem it a total loss and that they were going to deal only with my lender and that they expected me to delivermy car to them immediatly.

I got a hold of my lender who told me that i could purchase my vehicle from them for a fraction of the price of what it originally cost (of course with all the damage remaining and for me to fix). I then spoke to a fred loya representative and they agreed that I could purchase it back. I Gave a representative at a local store the money orders and was on my way with the belief that this was all settled, oh how wrong I was.

Several days had passed since delivering the money orders, personally I might add, and I wanted to know when I would get my title.

Their answer NEVER. They stated that they had never recieved the money at their state headquarters, that I needed to pay them again and that they were not responsible for finding the lost money. Eventually, weeks later after providing them with a copy of the carbon copy from the original money orders I was told that it was my responsibility to track them down and find out who cashed them. Lots of talks with out of town representatives at the main headquarters and finally I got the branch supervisor, Ibelieve, who got things moving a little bit. They agreed to let me keep the car and conseeded that they lost the money orders on their end. Later that week they paid the bank and at this point almost two months has gone bye.

The bank was paid and still things were not settled, there was still the matter of me recieving my title. They said they would be in touch, they said they would get a rep. out here in thhe coming days to put a tracker on the money orders at the post office. We set a date and the date comes and goes. I called again and finally some one shows up but it's to early to put a tracker so they say they will return. I call, my call go not only unanswered but unreturned. Another month goes bye and still the same thing happens, still more unanswered and unreturned call. Today is just afew days till the sixth month of ongoing problems officially continues and just today one thing has changed, my phone call was answered. It would be such a triamph but the supervisor had no idea who i was or anything about my long history with this ONE claim. I was told to expect a call on monday but I certainly won't be holding my breath.

Thank god for not holding my breath. while writing this the new supervisor in charge of this mess calls me back and says that they infact do have my title and have had it all along but have been waiting on me to deliver them a set of new money orders. Can You believe the nerve. They lost the money and expect me two pay them again. I told him to issue a tracking on the money orders at the post office closest him because there is no way I'm sending them more money. They are to be in touch on monday, whatever that means in their little universe. Sometime next september maybe.

Ja

Comments

9th of Jan, 2011

I have not had a very positive experience with Fred Loya Insuarance either. I signed up for Insurance with Fred Loya for my husband, only because he is not in the country legally, and therefore does not have a vaild Drivers Lisence. The quoted me a price over the phone and started the policy for me and I made my first payment to them and set it up for automatic payments to be drafted from my checking account. I did not add myself on to the policy, simply because I do not ever drive his vehicle, and don't ever plan to do so either. In November had some unexpected expensed that I paid from my checking account, and the account was debited for the payment for his policy and the money was returned on the same date also. I called the local office that I usually deal with, and was told that he did not know why this happened, but that they would try to draft the account again in a few days and that the policy was still current and not to worry about anything. Well, a few days later they did draft the money from my account, and once again retured it on the same date. I called the following monday, and was told that they did not know why that happened and that the policy had been canceled!! I asked the lady that I was talking to if I could go ahead and pay by phone, and she told me yes, and then a second later No. I didn't understand why I couldn't make the payment, if the money was always drawn from my account, and not to mention the fact that I'm the person that started the account initially. They have very poor support for their customers and that are not very intelligent people in any manner shape or form.