F.R.C. / Scam

1381 S. Missouri Ave.Clearwater, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-673-5216
Received yellow card in the mail from Michelle Barbaa stating:

Dear ___ We are trying to reach you with Good News! It is really importnat that you call us. Call Toll Free [protected].
Control # ********
Thanks Michelle Barbaa
Call 10 am to 8:30pm Est Mon-Friday

SCAM. They are trying to sell you magazines after first telling you that you are eligible for winnings of up to 100, 000 in a sweepstake. Better Business Bureau website gives them horrible ratings: http://westflorida.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=47&bbb=0653&firm=48001382.
Ma

Comments

11th of Sep, 2008
I recieved the same card, but my card had the nae Danielle Craftt on it, i am just wondering how the recieved my address and name?
He
  28th of Sep, 2008

F.R.C. - Good News Postcard
F.R.C.
1381 S Missouri Ave
Phone: 1-877-475-4024

Got a yellow postcard in the mail that reads just as everyone else. Only difference was the name. It was "signed" Danielle Craft. Glad I checked it out before I called.
Ky
  30th of Sep, 2008
I recieved the yellow post card in the mail from this company that i've never even heard of, much less had any affiliation with. Google led me to numerous warnings about the "company" and the people running it. Don't call the number and most importantly don't give them any information what so ever. The city on mine was Clearwater Fl. and the phone number was 1-877-457-4024. If I can help one person by posting this, then I have succeeded.
Bi
  6th of Oct, 2008
I received a yellow card stating this company is trying to reach me with good news. It seemed odd. They give an 877 number to call with a control number. It's "signed" by Danielle Craftt. Apparently it's a scam because there is no information about this company online. Glad I entered the address in and found this site!
Ni
  6th of Oct, 2008
I received the same yellow postcard from Danielle Craft also. I was also weary about it, so when I went online to find out what it was I was glad that I found this site and these comments confirming my suspicions.
Ry
  15th of Oct, 2008
Same here exactly, only it was "Craftt."
St
  31st of Oct, 2008
I got one too. Same details, with an ad telling me to call
  4th of Nov, 2008
I received the same post card today. The phone number on this one was 1-888-673-5216.

Thank you to everyone who posted these warnings!! I for one appreciate it!!!
An
  18th of Nov, 2008
I received the same yellow card. It says:

We are trying to reach you with Good News! it is really important that you call us. Call Toll Free 1-888-673-5216. CONTROL# ... call 10am to 8:30pm EST. Monday thru Friday.

Thanks for the warning ;)
Bo
  18th of Nov, 2008
I got the same card. Same address. Same message. Won't be calling any time within the next 200 years. Thanks.
  19th of Nov, 2008
I got the "Good News" yellow postcard and figured it was a bunch of B.S. but wanted to check it out anyway. I'm glad I did!! It had a 888 phone # on it though, and it was signed by Michelle Barbaa.
Tr
  20th of Nov, 2008
Yep I got it, read up on it online. But I decided to give them a call anyways... and it went like this: "Hey you dumb###s, why don't you shove this yellow ###ing card up your ### and leave me the ### alone. You and your children will rot in hell." And there different names on them, but thats not really the person you talk to... they just say they are
Ch
  21st of Nov, 2008
Thank you all for posting the warning! Got the same card in the mail.
Br
  18th of Dec, 2008

F. R. C. - Scam
F. R. C.
1381 S Missouri Ave
Phone: 1-888-673-5216

Same Yellow Post Card SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! Don't Fall for it.
Me
  25th of Feb, 2009
So what do I do if I fell for the stupid thing? I called 15 minutes later after I realized the sweepstakes and the diamond encrusted watch were all fake and realized what I'd done and tried to cancel. They said they couldn't do that... I then find out I'm not paying 3 bucks a week but actually 60 bucks a month. So I'm going to try to dispute it with my credit card company. I don't want their magazines or their watch... I want them to cancel the payments and not send me anything. Anyone know what I can do or is disputing it with my credit card company the way to go? Thanks.
Mu
  26th of Feb, 2009

F.R.C. - Subscribing to FRC magazines
F.R.C.
1381 s missouri ave.
Florida

When my boyfriend signed up through F.R.C. to subscribe to a few magazines, after he gave them his info. They then told him and now you can not cancel ever.

What should I do?
Ja
  7th of Mar, 2009
when he your boyfriend signed up by law, as a consumer you are advised to not sign up with a promise to cancel later on the magazines stop coming after your CONTRACT of 60 mons runs out
Ma
  26th of Mar, 2009
I just got one of those cards, and decided to come to the internet first and I'm Glad I did!... My question is, how this people get your name and address? and what do they actually do?
Ai
  6th of Apr, 2009
I stupidly called and they offered me the sweepstakes and diamond watch or whatever, i told em what i wanted. Dumb move on my part, knowing it was a scam the whole time. Then they offered me the magazines, in which i told them no, THREE TIMES! Am i screwed? I don't want this watch and i know i'm not getting any magazines, i refused to give credit card information or any billing information related. I was just casually interested in what this dickface had to say. Sorry for language, sorta upset. So yes in short, am i screwed?
Ik
  10th of Apr, 2009
Indeed you can not cancel, however you are only bound for 60 months with the understanding you can change your mags at any time ...now if you focus I think you will see that is hardly forever ...besides he was given the OPTION to enter into that contract and then AGAIN given the same option to verify his original choice to accept this service and he AGREED ...nothing more to say