Fraudprotection.com / Unauthorized charge for fraud protection

1 IL, United States Review updated:

Like so many others, I authorized charge to my card for $1 for Earn Google Cash kit, which I did not receive. I was then charged $11.95 for the kit. Fortunately, I called the company and was refunded the $11.95.

Today I noticed a charge of $4.95 from fraudprotection.com. I am convinced this is the same company scamming me. Can I get this money back?

De

Comments

• Ca
      18th of Dec, 2008

I also was charged. I went to fraudprotectionhelpdesk.com and did a live chat with Sarah and she is refunding the 4.95 and then I called googlecash (the phone number was on my bankstatement and they are refunding the 11.95 and cancelling everything that was tied to this "free" offer.

• Ca
      18th of Dec, 2008

go to fraudprotectionhelpdesk.com and do a live chat. I am supposed to be getting my 4.95 refunded and everything associated to them cancelled.

• Li
      26th of Dec, 2008
    Fraudprotection.com - your services not wanted!!!!

I HAVE NOT AND DID NOT REQUEST THIS MEMBERSHIP. THIS IS A SCAM AS FAR AS I CAN FIND...I WANT
    YOUR SERVICE STOPPED AND OUT OF MY BANK ACCT. I WANT A REFUND FOR 4.95 CHARGES TO MY CARD
    12/18 AND ONE PENDING TO COME OUT ON THE 26TH. I WILL GIVE YOU UNTIL 12/30 TO CREDIT MY BANK
    BEFORE I CONTACT THE ATTORNY GENERALS OFFICE, AND MY SENATOR FOR INVESTIGATION!!!
    YOU MAY CONTACT ME: LINDA J GANS-BOA CUSTOMER@ E-MAIL lgans46@cox.net or AND PROBABLY MORE
    ADVISABLE...623) 915-1430. I am even more angered by not being able to contact you by phone.

• St
      6th of Jan, 2009
    fraud protecition.com - unatherized charge
    Stephen Leonard
    Sacramento
    California
    Phone: 916-718-4694

I was charged a 4.95 for a service that i dident order it caused my bank account to be overdrawn

• Sm
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I was charged today 4.95 from this FRAUDPROTECTION place too.
    Anyone know who or what they are? ive searched the net on them and can not even find a link on that site name.

• Te
      20th of Feb, 2009
    Fraudprotection.com - scam
    Fraud Protection Agency
    St Louis
    Missouri

I signed up for a program called Government Funded Grants. They had a 1 week membership which I canceled before the week was up, with no problems (I thought). Fraud Protection Agency was offered as an add-on service for web security. I filled in the form but never clicked "enter, " "submit, " "purchase, " whatever. Today a charge for $5.04 showed up on my checking account. The 800 number given (the same as that for Government Funded Grants) referred me to a website called fraudprotectionhelpdesk.com. When I typed that in, my computer's security system went ballistic, warning me that I should only go to that site at my own risk, etc. When I called Government Funded Grants back about this, they insisted they were a totally different company, could give me nothing other than the website (which I'm afraid to go to), or call the 800 number that refers me to the website. It's a circle of nonsense. BEWARE!!! Now my bank tells me the only thing I can do is get a different debit card. Plus full out a bunch of forms that likely will accomplish nothing.

• Bg
      7th of Apr, 2009

I was chargered $7.00 and after having the same problem with the grant scam and them taking $40.00 out of my account.. both companies said as a courtesy to my problem they are only allowed to refund 1/2 ..so I am getting $20.oo from the Grant Scam company..we will see and 3.50 from the Fraudprotection company and we will see..both to be refunded in 5 to 10 days...they are robbing us with empty hopes and dreams they can assist us in getting Grants and how to information..I am contacting the SBA and my local congressman.

• Bg
      7th of Apr, 2009

call 866-387-2521..its the cancelationation # to stop the charges (all info i have) but will try to make it known they are frauding us as a Fraudprotection company..all BS..Never purhase anyting on line unless its for a direct bill ..i.e. phone, electric, and secured banking !!!

• De
      28th of Apr, 2009

I was also, charged for fraud protection for which I did not sign up for.My email is gayledennis_hignite@yahoo.com My name is Dennis Hignite I was charged 6.95 i already hve turned this over to Stae Attorney Office I want a refund for this and any account I am supposed to have with you closed as of now. Dennis Hignite