Fraudprotection.com / Unauthorized charge for fraud protection

1 IL, United States Review updated:

Like so many others, I authorized charge to my card for $1 for Earn Google Cash kit, which I did not receive. I was then charged $11.95 for the kit. Fortunately, I called the company and was refunded the $11.95.

Today I noticed a charge of $4.95 from fraudprotection.com. I am convinced this is the same company scamming me. Can I get this money back?

De

Comments

Ca
  18th of Dec, 2008

I also was charged. I went to fraudprotectionhelpdesk.com and did a live chat with Sarah and she is refunding the 4.95 and then I called googlecash (the phone number was on my bankstatement and they are refunding the 11.95 and cancelling everything that was tied to this "free" offer.

Ca
  18th of Dec, 2008

go to fraudprotectionhelpdesk.com and do a live chat. I am supposed to be getting my 4.95 refunded and everything associated to them cancelled.

Li
  26th of Dec, 2008
Fraudprotection.com - your services not wanted!!!!

I HAVE NOT AND DID NOT REQUEST THIS MEMBERSHIP. THIS IS A SCAM AS FAR AS I CAN FIND...I WANT
YOUR SERVICE STOPPED AND OUT OF MY BANK ACCT. I WANT A REFUND FOR 4.95 CHARGES TO MY CARD
12/18 AND ONE PENDING TO COME OUT ON THE 26TH. I WILL GIVE YOU UNTIL 12/30 TO CREDIT MY BANK
BEFORE I CONTACT THE ATTORNY GENERALS OFFICE, AND MY SENATOR FOR INVESTIGATION!!!
YOU MAY CONTACT ME: LINDA J GANS-BOA CUSTOMER@ E-MAIL lgans46@cox.net or AND PROBABLY MORE
ADVISABLE...623) 915-1430. I am even more angered by not being able to contact you by phone.

St
  6th of Jan, 2009
fraud protecition.com - unatherized charge
Stephen Leonard
Sacramento
California
Phone: 916-718-4694

I was charged a 4.95 for a service that i dident order it caused my bank account to be overdrawn

Sm
  23rd of Jan, 2009

I was charged today 4.95 from this FRAUDPROTECTION place too.
Anyone know who or what they are? ive searched the net on them and can not even find a link on that site name.

Te
  20th of Feb, 2009
Fraudprotection.com - scam
Fraud Protection Agency
St Louis
Missouri

I signed up for a program called Government Funded Grants. They had a 1 week membership which I canceled before the week was up, with no problems (I thought). Fraud Protection Agency was offered as an add-on service for web security. I filled in the form but never clicked "enter, " "submit, " "purchase, " whatever. Today a charge for $5.04 showed up on my checking account. The 800 number given (the same as that for Government Funded Grants) referred me to a website called fraudprotectionhelpdesk.com. When I typed that in, my computer's security system went ballistic, warning me that I should only go to that site at my own risk, etc. When I called Government Funded Grants back about this, they insisted they were a totally different company, could give me nothing other than the website (which I'm afraid to go to), or call the 800 number that refers me to the website. It's a circle of nonsense. BEWARE!!! Now my bank tells me the only thing I can do is get a different debit card. Plus full out a bunch of forms that likely will accomplish nothing.

Bg
  7th of Apr, 2009

I was chargered $7.00 and after having the same problem with the grant scam and them taking $40.00 out of my account.. both companies said as a courtesy to my problem they are only allowed to refund 1/2 ..so I am getting $20.oo from the Grant Scam company..we will see and 3.50 from the Fraudprotection company and we will see..both to be refunded in 5 to 10 days...they are robbing us with empty hopes and dreams they can assist us in getting Grants and how to information..I am contacting the SBA and my local congressman.

Bg
  7th of Apr, 2009

call 866-387-2521..its the cancelationation # to stop the charges (all info i have) but will try to make it known they are frauding us as a Fraudprotection company..all BS..Never purhase anyting on line unless its for a direct bill ..i.e. phone, electric, and secured banking !!!

De
  28th of Apr, 2009

I was also, charged for fraud protection for which I did not sign up for.My email is gayledennis_hignite@yahoo.com My name is Dennis Hignite I was charged 6.95 i already hve turned this over to Stae Attorney Office I want a refund for this and any account I am supposed to have with you closed as of now. Dennis Hignite