Franny's Floor Mat Motors / Doesn't provide service after payment

1 2005A E. Glenwood StreetPhiladelphia, PA, United States Review updated:

I'm not an ex-employee. I am a paying customer who's service has not been delivered. Larry has had my car for an excessive amount of time and hasn't begun the repairs. My part that needs to be repaired is MIA and Larry won't release the car so another shop can work on it. I've tried to talk to him and the phone either keeps ringing or Larry is out of the shop. There's a police report (another customer filed one at the same time). Check him out on other complaint boards. He's also got an F rating by the Better Business Bureau with my complaint still pending. Don't promote a thief who swindles the poor working class.

Comments

• Bo
      29th of Oct, 2008
    Franny's Floor Mat Motors - they treated me great
    1241 E. Venango St.
    Philadelphia
    Phone: 215-743-2650
    frannysfmm.com

I had a great experience they saved me over $1000 on a transmission rebuild in my truck these guys are the best

• Mi
      23rd of Jan, 2009

this guy's dont no what they r doing and i spent over
    $2000 over there on transmission. they r not autorized and they gonna rip off u that for sure .

dont belive anything that larry the owner say!!!

• Sc
      10th of Apr, 2009

Do not under any circumstances use this place. They will rip you off I can promise you this. All their craigslist ads are false. They tell you transmission rebuilds for $650. they will quote you somewhere around that, but when you go to pick up your vehicle, the add on charge after charge.
    I should have known better then to use them when i googled the place and several hits on /link removed/ showed up. Here are several reports. It is scary how similar they are to mine experience. I will be posting mine on the website soon enough.

/URL removed/?q5=franny%27s&Search=Search&q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search!

Larry Laken (fate guy with dark hair and a beard) the owner is nothing more then a fraud and scam artist. You tell by the condition his establishment is in. It's completely run down and a mess. Same with their website(you can tell a lot by a company's website and attention to detail). Everything about them spells out poor quality. I have searched out others and found out the same things happened to them as well. I figured I'd save a couple dollars and use them, and in the end wound up costing me much more. I think its pretty safe to say that his mechanics are people with little to no formal automotive training. The fatc that my car was not fixed after several returns says something

Please heed this warning. I am not someone to do something like this normally, but I don';t want to see the same thing happen to someone else.

• Be
      19th of Apr, 2009

i went through the same thing with this place. scheduled a tranny rebuild on March 3rd, and didn't get my car back until April 3rd. After that, I had to take my car to a transmission specialist because Larry's "mechanics" bent the transmission shield, which was making a hell of a lot of noise. Rather than replace or remove it, which would require them partially removing the tranny again, they removed all the bolts in the area to try to give the shield more room and mask the noise. It turns out they took out so many bolts that my transmission, according to the second shop was "more off than on." had to pay the second guy $850 to take the tranny off and put it back on. They also trashed one of my axles and my tranny mount which had to be replaced.

oh, forgot to mention, while there, they lost my keys and keyless entry remote, two amplifiers, the registration sticker off my plate (they also cut my plate out of my bumper because it was put on with key-lock bolts), they damaged my bumper, and misplaced my dry cell battery (which showed up when I went nuts). The whole experience was very twilight zone-esque.

I saved all my paper work from the second shop (transman in Essington). and the guy there was very helpful in putting the bill together to show exactly what he fixed to correct their screw-ups. I took all my info with some pictures and filed a lawsuit. Suggest you guys do the same. Since it's less than $10, 000 it's a small-claims case handled through municipal court. No attorney, costs $100 to serve Larry and his wife, but you get that back if you win. It's a sure win. email me if you guys want any help filing: bewareoffrannys@gmail.com. You can also be awarded up to 3x what you ask for. Larry's got the $ too, he lives on the main line.

• Fr
      21st of Jun, 2009

The guy is a major scam artist!!! Found a minivan on craigslist and he was the seller. Purchased the car, but a couple things needed to be fixed. This was on March 20th. Not only did he NOT fix anything in the car but things were also ripped out of it. In the mean time he moved his shop without telling us so we thought he stole the vehicle (which would have been the best scenario). We investigated a little and found he moved to his current location!!! We called him of course daily and so did our insurance agent!! We finally decided to take it as a loss and pick up the car. When we went to pick it up, 7/20, yes...I said 7/20, over three months later there was more missing parts off of the car that Larry said was in "storage" and he didn't feel good so he wasn't going to look for it. We called the police(2nd report) and then he didn't have the pieces that were missing of course!!! The cops said they were just there because someone brought their durango to get services and the dvd player was ripped out of their car. We got the car started and junked it the next day because it was in worse condition than when we bought it!!! The money we were out just added up: car, sales tax, title transfer, 3 months of insurance w/o even having the car, and the aggrivation priceless. I wish I looked at this and the bbb before we dealt with this insane nightmare!!!