Franklin Half Dollars / Rick Tomaska

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: TV & WEB SITE

Barry Chapprel, Rick Tomaska Represent Coins That Are Untrue!!! Rick Tomaska, Shows Ben Franklin Half Dollars That He Claims Are Proof 67 Grade. No Franklin Half Grades Higher Than Proof 65. Rick Refuses To Show The Reverse Of Said Coins That Have The Liberty Bell. The Liberty Bell Must Have Full Bell Line To Grade Proof 65. Some How Rick Talks To NGC Coin Grading Company To grade These Coins Higher. This Is Fraud To Any Coin Collector, Barry Chapperll Uses April, 2011 Paper Work To Show Prices, When Silver & Gold Were At The Highest Price, Of Approximately $2, 000 Per Ounce On Gold. Today, Silver s About $24.00 Per Ounce, Again Fraud, Trying To Get 2011 Prices!!! Thank You For Your Time and Courtesy, William Weyman 86 Main Street Womelsdorf, PA 19567

Wi
May 11, 2013

Comments

• Pt
      13th of Dec, 2013

This is incorrect information. Plenty of Franklin halves grade in proof 67 (pf67). I believe you are referring to MINT STATE coins which (depending on the year and location in which they were minted) finding a Franklin graded higher than ms65 is more rare. Also bell lines are not graded on proof coins, only mint state coins, therefore it is not necessary to show close ups of the bell lines on the reverse. Proof coins do not use and FBL or full bell line designation.
    If you have any questions or comments, I would love to help!

Sincerely, Kimberly Tomaska

• Gl
      6th of Jan, 2015
    Best Best Advice +5 Votes

l think in my humble opinion your pop's is the real deal and that is more rare today than a 1964 peace dollar . Goodness and honesty are the most rare commodity on the planet and becoming more rare every second . There's always people that love to take anything good down to their sad miserable existence, Amen ?

• Da
      7th of Feb, 2015

I would suggest to folks like Mr. Weyman to do their research before running off at the mouth. Most proof coins from the 1950's and newer will grade 65 or higher unless some dimwit at the mint as dropped them on the floor. Beyond the technical numeric grade then it's all a matter of eye appeal. Many collectors prefer the stunning look of a DCAM and since these coins are much harder to find in the older proofs they clearly have cause to sell for a premium. Mr. Weyman is just of those folks who knows just enough to be dangerous.

• St
      14th of Mar, 2015

I enjoy his show very much. The amount of knowledge Rick has is impressive. The coins he sells are indeed rare and makes me wish I had seen his show prior to me selecting the coins I have. He studies and travels to get the coins that he likes.

What a great show and a great guy.
    bc

• Dr
      14th of Mar, 2015

Hi Guys,
    Let me first say I too enjoy Ricks show . I try to soak up as much as I can. I recently contact Rick via email about a pop. Question and to my surprise he actually wrote back!
    I thought that was Super cool ha ha. any I need to get some literature that might lead me in the write so that I am not all over the place. any suggestion would be appreciated .
    Ricks seems to be great person. These other guys remind me of snake oil sales man
    Thanks

• Lm
      7th of May, 2015

I have a BU roll collection of Lincoln memorial cents. Most of them are stored in the paper bank rolls. Should I take them out and put in plastic tubes. Love the show. Thank you.

• To
      24th of Jul, 2015

This company is a farce. I placed an order, never received an email indicating approval, decline, or shipment sent. I placed a credit/debit card order that, in their own words 'was processed as a credit transaction', WAS NOT declined at the point of sale, it was withdrawn from my account. I ASSumed everything was fine. I waited 4 weeks as they advised they would ship in two to three weeks. I am an AVID and well EXPERIENCED physical gold and silver buyer and have never been told and or had to wait three weeks for shipping from any reputable bulllion dealer such as Kitco, Jmbullion, and APMEX. I called this evening and they advised me that my order was declined. First of all, I saw the funds withdrawn from my account, I never received and NSF, and, furthermore, credit transactions that are declined are declined at the POINT OF SALE - not days later. And a reputable company would have emailed me in some fashion advising of the decline. I was told to call customer service when I called the show back tonight - they are a SCAM.

• Vi
      22nd of May, 2017

@Tom Joad I have bought from rick numerous times all the way back when he was appearing on barrys show.Always received my coins in a timely manner and always just as stated.He is very knowledgeable on his craft and far far from a scam.If he stole your money you could have him arrested.So did you?.Post the police report, other than that, i think you are the scam.Where is your printed proof?.I don't see any printed proof.

• To
      24th of Jul, 2015

And even my son complained about this 'company' as well. Complete farce. Who in their right mind would sell gold and silver coins for less then they are worth? Think about it. Luckily I just went to APMEX website a week ago and added to my stock.

• Wa
      14th of Dec, 2018

@Tom Joad Tom Joad.
    Complete farce? I have been buying from Ricks show for years and have never, ever been scammed in any way.
    If you want to buy bouillon go somewhere else and leave the collectable market to people who know what they are talking about.

5th of Nov, 2015

I get a lot of knowledge and today learned what a "Bugs Bunny" Franklin looks like I like his show. James M.

• St
      14th of Feb, 2016

I disagree with William Weyman's comments. I watch Rick's show regularly and Rick is very knowledgeable! I consider myself a fairly skilled collector and I have not heard anything he has said that I would disagree with. In fact, I have picked up much useful information and am thankful for the education he provides. I read his book on Franklin Halves and learned much information from that as well. One thing I will say is that Rick seems to really like the toning on the Franklins, but I do not. That, however is a personal preference and I do know the grade a lot higher and many collectors do like toning on their coins, depending on the appearance of the toning of course. I also think it was very nice of Rick's daughter to respond to William's complaint and to respond in the constructive, non-defensive manner, which she did. Show's she has a lot of class just like her dad :)

16th of Mar, 2016

Rick is the ONLY true coin dealer on TV!!!You can learn solo much from this PNG dealer!ALL other TV shows are just salesmen, selling common coins or "carnival-type silver bullion and coin hawkers"!!!

31st of Mar, 2016

I have several Franklins that are PF69 by NGC and I have a lot more I have saved and some are at NGC with more to be sent.

1st of Apr, 2016

Rick Tomaska is the ONLY true numismatist on TV and is to be trusted, most of the other shows are just salesmen selling whatever they can get gullible people to buy at high prices!!!Don't those people know about Apmex or JM Bullion or a few others like Modern Coin Mart that have REAL deals on bullion and coins??Also EBAY is a great place to get real prices for coins and bullion from reputable dealers.

12th of May, 2016

Let's face it. Anyone that purchases coins from a television show/informercial, which is what it really is, is going to pay WAY more than you would pay elsewhere. Someone has to pay for the tv production costs, and you can rest assured it won't be the seller! Also, notice how they only show the highest prices from Ebay, not the lower prices to make you think that you're getting a deal. It's really a joke! I once saw him compare prices for an MS64 Morgan he was selling to an MS64 DMPL price on Ebay...really??? The best places to get the best coins at the best prices is a good coin show. I know that not everyone lives close enough to be able to attend one though. I'd start looking at reputable dealers like Stacks if that were the case. Their prices are very fair and Ebay is a good place if you have the patience to wait for the right coin to come along at the right price. Unless money is not important, NEVER buy from ANY tv infomercial, ever!

15th of May, 2016

Rick Tomaska is the ONLY one I trust for TV coin shows, he is a member of PNG and that means EVERYTHING to a collector!!!

• Ph
      7th of Jun, 2016

The possibility that Rick Tomaska is a hustler out to make a buck, first & foremost, is ludicrous! Whatever other drives may motivate Mr. Tomaska, the lust for ostentatious wealth seems not to be one of them. Rather, his love, knowledge, and expertise for the aesthetics, the movement and the stillness that inhere in the imagination, the mechanics, artistry, and execution of this genuine, albeit "mass-produced, " art form, all seem to be his response to his muse's inspiration. If his medium of artistry was one more readily recognized as elevating the heart and soul of mankind, Rick Tomaska might be an impressario on the stage of American numismatics, thus separating him by a great distance from the numerous hucksters selling "stuff" (to use a turn of phrase favored by Mr. Tomaska) on tv, most of whom can tell a nickel from a quarter, but not much more than that. While Rick (we're really not on a first-name basis) is the star of the show, others on the program seem as comfortable with their roles, and contributions, as the boss. Surely he is supported by other specialists (both in front of the camera as his co-hosts, and no doubt the technicians & specialists behind the scenes), skillful & knowledgeable buyers, set designers, shipping specialists, & no doubt others whose expertise all make the boss look good, and he, they. All seem to compliment one another w/ specialized expertise. Coming from a rookie like me, this is a class act!

• Pl
      2nd of Jul, 2016

The possibility that Rick Tomaska is a hustler out to make a buck, first & foremost, is ludicrous! Whatever other drives may motivate Mr. Tomaska, the lust for ostentatious wealth seems not to be one of them. Rather, his love, knowledge, and expertise for the aesthetics, the mechanics, and the artistry and execution of this genuine art form, all seem to be his response to his muse's inspiration. Rick Tomaska surely is an impressario on the stage of American numismatics, thus separating him by leaps and bounds from the numerous hucksters selling "stuff" (to use a turn of phrase favored by Mr. Tomaska) on tv, most of whom can tell a nickel from a quarter, but not much more than that. The entire show, including all the supporting cast, combine to present one sophisticated, numismatically erudite presentation. While at times his coins seem pricey, as the adage goes, "you pretty much get what you pay for."

10th of Aug, 2016

rick is the best I havepurchased several coins from the website with no problems love the show have ricks franklin kennedy book hey rick ihave a nicely toned 1963 p half

• Je
      25th of Sep, 2016

I agree wholeheartedly with the positive statements posted in this forum and have purchased coins from Rick Tomaska a number of times and have a 100% satisfaction rate. If you are a knowledgeable collector, know what you are purchasing and know what the coins that you are buying sell for on elsewhere, overall you generally cannot purchase complete sets or partial date ranges (all PCGS or NGC graded) for less. At least without investing a great deal of time and effort which many collectors simply don't have. Once you receive the coins you have 30 days to examine them and decide if you wish to keep them. On one single occasion (a situation where we could not specifically pick the dates received) I was not happy with a purchase from RCTV. A single phone call to get an RMA number was all that was required to return them for a full refund within 30 days (less shipping of course) . How can you expect more than that? IMHO Rick Tomaska does the numismatic community a great service buy putting together sets that most dealers can't and would never do, yet folks ridicule him. Just my 2 cents.

• Gu
      7th of Aug, 2017

I try to order T7827 the 8 set Franklin Half Dollare PF66 last night (8/6/17) for $500 plus. However I was told the set had been sold out.
    So as I continued watching the show it was still showing the PF66.

Recommand when a coin or set of coins are no longer available to mention or show "sold out" for the folks watching the show. Then a decision can be made if it is in their budget to get the next higher graded coin or set of coins.

I enjoy the Great Information from Rick Tomaska!!