Francesca's Bridal / Terrible experience

Well... It all started in November of 2007, all of the bridesmaids went to Francesca's to order our bridesmaids gowns. I, having just had a baby 6 months prior, new I needed to lose some weight prior to being in my cousins wedding months later. So they measured me, I am a small busted woman, so my chest measured as a "2", Hips were a "14" and waist was a "12", I normally wear an 8, but was still a little heavy from the pregnancy, as mentioned earlier. The girl behind the counter was not only RUDE, but probably anorexic, only weighing about 95 pounds and probably wore a size -2! Which didn't help my anger at the shop at this point! So I am ordering the dress, she says, we recommend nothing smaller than a size 12 for you, but would really like to see you order a 14! I am now in tears and fighting with the girl behind the counter to order at least a 10. I had tried on the size 8, and could barely zipper it. My sister who is the same size as me non-pregnant had fit into the 8 and ordered the 8. I had finally convinced not only the girl behind the counter, but she actually had to go get the manager, to approve me ordering a 10! I'm paying for it, if I cant' fit into it, that's my fault. I told her my pregnancy situation and that I had intended on losing 20 pounds. To that, she rolled her eyes, and stated, "well if you insist on ordering a 10, we need to put on the receipt that you are insisting on a 10 and that 'you' state you are going to lose weight prior to the wedding!" With that she wrote that on the receipt made me sign and rudely finished the business transaction. It didn't end there. I went to pick up the dress, we were IGNORED completely, took the girl forever to find my dress, I honestly thought they had ordered me the wrong size, they didn't, however, I stated I wanted to try it on prior to leaving. The lady assisting me said she would have to ask the owner if I could try it on! WHAT!? I said I don't care, I paid for it and I'm gonna try it on! SURPRISE, SURPRISE, I had to get 2 inches taken in on both sides of the dress and about 5 inches taken off the bottom. It ended up being tighter on me than my sisters dress 8, which was not altered! they were rude, disrespectful and unkind! I would never recommend them to anyone! The dresses were beautiful, but a wedding should be exciting, not a bridal shop where most of your bridesmaids are walking out crying from being insulted by people!

Je

More Francesca's Bridal Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Cy
      18th of Jul, 2008

I am experiencing something similar. I am ticked off!!!

• Sh
      28th of Mar, 2009
    Francesca's Bridal - customer service
    Baltimore
    Maryland

Francesca needs to learn some customer service skills. She also needs to remember her salon is in Parkville, not Beverly Hills.

30th of Mar, 2010

Wedding dresses and formal dresses do tend to run a bit small and if your chest/bust/hips are a bit larger than 1 size to another, then you're gonna have to go with the bigger size and just get it altered. When I got married I was a size 0 but all the 0's wouldn't fit my bust so I had to get a 4 in my dress and just have the hips and waist taken in. It is kinda depressing seeing that you have to get a size that is 3-4 sizes bigger than what u are but that doesn't mean you are fat or anything, it's just the way they are made.