France Telecom/Orange / No Assistance for tech problem

1 France Review updated:

My fixed telephone line has a fault and seems 'occupied ' all the time. I cannot make or receive calls or use the internet.
I have called the 0800 'English' help line and spoke to a young man who recognised the propblem and noted it. He then said i HAD to call 1013 to report the problem When i eventually got through after many attempts and minutes of waiting the person told me i was not a client of FT.!

Why was I holding their bill?

Anyway this circus went on several times and i am still without a line. My bank statement clearly shows the direct debit from Ftelecom. Their website is useless and confuses everything back to ORANGE mobiles and Internet.

Iam really hacked off with them. The last time my line had a fault it took a month to organise a repair man to fix their line.

Comments

Cf
  13th of Mar, 2009

I have the very same problem though I'm living in SPain and CAN'T contact 1013 number.

What a shame !!

Es
  2nd of Apr, 2009

I don t agree, The Customer helpline is very helpful, they are very nice and polite, I talked to many people on there very helpful especially a young lady very very sweet I think her name is Sophia, very professional and explained me everything, whenever I have a problem I call the helpline ask for her and then she immediately calls me back .
Great service, great people

Love the Orange English customer Service
I recommend to all my family and friends to call them.

Esther

Ge
  2nd of Apr, 2009

yes, I got a chap named marcel elliot and he sorted me well out! i was very pleased, mabey you all are just being rude, the best way is to stay calm and listen how sexy he sounds

Fr
  2nd of Apr, 2009

By my side I discussed with a young man called Claude, and he took care of my file.
This department is great! So stop writing ###s against it!!!

Sa
  2nd of Apr, 2009

I had lots of problems with my bills and I contacted the English Customer service. I talked to a yound lady named Noelle and she was very helpful.
One thing you have to understand : 0800 364 775 is NOT A TECHNICAL HELPLINE !!!

+++ Many thanks +++

Sandra McDonald

Exactly Sandra !!!

Each time I try to call them, I have difficulties to reach them just because of people like you, DM Smith!!!

Pull your finger out!!!

Shame on you Mr Smith !
I'm an old lady, and this team has always been so nice with me!
I don't understand why you are so angry!
You'd better go back to pony express!

2nd of Apr, 2009

You'd better go back to pony express!

2nd of Apr, 2009

You'd better come back to pony express...
Sorry for you...

Take it easy, don't be so angry dear Mr Smith.

Ge
  2nd of Apr, 2009

My name is Geroge Hamilson. It is a very tricky line to reach indeed, one time I waited an hour before I got a sophia?, any way she hung up on me when she heard I had a speach problem. But all in all I got through to a Elliot and well I got sorted out.
Im neutral on this.
Regards

Dear Mr Hamilton,
Marcel isthe american chap very stressfull I just talked to him right after you post that comment is a weirdo lunatic and he told me " I don t give a ### and I m hanging up on you " I am shocked and crossed right now,
By the way I saw a video of him on youtube he told me to check it out because I told him I wish I could see his face as someone said above that he sounded sexy...

2nd of Apr, 2009

Last time I called them, a man called APOU proposed me a casting couch when I asked for my line to be repared!

Na
  6th of Apr, 2009

For me, no problems, everything's ok with all of these guys!

Richie, London

Ca
  12th of Nov, 2009

We have moved to France and organised a telephone line a month before we arrived. We told the line would be installed a week before our arrival on Oct 14th...we have now spent over £100 on mobile phone calls to France Telecom, visited their office twice in Perpignan...and all we get is...we have works in St Cyprien...on no they dont according to our mayor. On no less than 30 occasions they have promised to ring us the next day to explain...not one phone call have they placed to our mobile...they are the biggest load of rubbish ever...this is what you get with one company cornering the market...no choice and a non existent service...and 6 weeks on...still no phone, no contact from them, no explanation...I wouldnt call this a good service would you?

Pi
  8th of Mar, 2010

I have no problem with the Customer services department. They are wonderful.
The problem we are having is the company keeping their promise for instsllation of the phone line, delivery of the livebox and dish (via post)!

We were told that we would have a phone line and internet connection last Monday 1st March, when we were due to move in. That the livebox, dish and engineer would arrive on the Tuesday (2nd). Yes, the engineer duly turned up, no livebox or dish and to top it all he tested the phone line only to say there was a problem. The next day another engineer had arranged to come between 8 - 10a.m. (we had not moved in without a phone line), he checked and said he woud do what he could. He tried hard to set it all up and managed to get us on the Internet.

4th March I rang Customer Service to ask about the whereabouts of our live box etc, the nice young lady checked and was amazed to see that it had not been despatched and duly arranged it. She told me that it should arrive Friday.

We waited in for this, the post arrived and no package. I rang again and when she checked she said she could see a problem which I did not understand. I was told that if it did not arrive by Tues 9th or Weds 10th to ring her. By now we had to move in as we were paying out more money for the rental of the place we were staying at. Later on another engineer turned up and tried his best to resolve at least the phone line. Eventually he told us the line was working.
We said goodbye and thanked him for at least giving us a lifeline (especially as we are in a small Hamlet).

When the engineer left we tried to phone someone to test it. GUESS WHAT? It does not work.

Finally, what really annoys me is that they are charging us for a service that they are not giving. I thought this was illegal?

Pam

Sa
  22nd of Jun, 2011

France telecom/Orange have been utterly dishonset with me, contracting to a poor service for over two years. The line continues to be disconnected every half hour, because France telecom are making people share phone phone lines [how prehistoric is that!] Oranges internet/phone service is a joke, ADSL is not capable of suppling every household with internet therefore if more than one house in village tries to use internet or phone the lines go down in the whole village. I am being charged over 6O euros per month for this service. I have now been told by France telecom Orange, its not cost effective for them to repair my line and I would have to move away from the village if I want a phone and internet service that works! NO refund, NO discount given. I ask what happened to EU funding that France telecom were given to ensure every household had working internet/phone by 2012?

6th of Mar, 2012

I think buying Orange Mobile SIM calling card is just another way to waste your money in these hard times. I bought a fifteen minutes reload card to call JA. when I got connected they told me I have 30 mins. Within a minute of my call I was told that I have 0 remaining balance. When I call customer service they hung up on me. I called back 7 times before I was rudely told that it doesn't matter how what I can't get a refund cause I talk for 1 mins and there system is automated so I will have to buy a new card if I want to make my call. Never never again.

6th of Mar, 2012

Furthermore, Trying to get a customer service is a long wait and a waste of time. Sometimes, communication is not clear enough. When you finally get through, they are very unprofessional and other times, they'll hang up on you. This card is deceptive and the company is ripping us off. This needs to be addressed. I am extremely upset about this. This is my second time copmplaining.

An
  24th of Oct, 2012

I am going truly crazy with France telecom. Their English helpline is a joke! Whether you get Sophie or some guy - yes, nice and polite, but they both tell to ring 1014, who tells me to ring 1017, who tells me they cannot help me. The guy in the boutique tells me to ring 3901 who says ring 1014 - oooh la! Been there before. Then he tells me to ring 700 who tells me to ring 1014 who tells me to ring 1017! Is there an end to this rainbow of numbers? They sent out a tehnician who hadn't got a clue what he was doing and was so rude i complained to his company. That worked - but not on the admin aspect. They all tell me there is very good reason, Madame, why they cannot do anything. So - thanks to Connexion I shall go down the path of Complaints. It does not make a jot of difference if you are polite, appealing, weeping - they are diabolical.

Bo
  26th of Mar, 2013

Mid November 2012. We phoned (twice ) the English helpline and spoke to Thierry ? to inform FT that we were moving to the house NEXT door. we wanted a tel/internet connection to this house by the 27th Nov.2012. as we'd had in the prevous house. and to keep the same tel; No., Later a woman phoned us to confirm our request. Since when, we've been without telephone/internet for 4 Months !! We are in our 70s and fortunately, in good health luckily, as we live in an isolated area with no near neighbour. Wednesday the 20th MARCH 2013 we had a visit from a man who put in the interior point & cable. He said his sub-contract firm had only just been notified. !! (after 4 mths) Monday 25th March we had different men to re-attach the exterior cable. There is still a fault on the tel.line.though we do now have internet. But. for the 4 months we were not connected, FT still deducted the line rental from our bank account. Is there no other competitor to challenge FT's abominable service? Please tell if so.