FPL / doesn't give a crap that families are broke

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I can't express how much I hate fpl.. You would think with gas prices dropping our electric bills would reflect that but noooooo... And then on top of... I don't know about anyone elses situation but my husband was layed off late last year and we are struggling to pay all of our bills. I attempted to make payment arrangements with fpl and I was told I could be i've done so the past 2 months. Just now I had a fpl bill collector come to my house and tell me that if I didn't fork over $554.84 that she was going to shut my power off. I had no choice by to write her a check. I will now have less than $18 in my account to get us through the next week.

I checked their site to find out if they have any programs to set up a payment plan and if you are healthy, you are screwed. You have to be on social security in order for them to even attempt to help you and i'm sure after a few months, they'll shut off their power as well.

If I hear about fpl execs and employees getting bonuses this year, i'm going to pop a bloodvessel in my head. That company is the biggest monopoly aka cash whore monster in the state of florida and somehow they continue to manage to rape all of us and the goverment does nothing to stop them!!!

Gy

Comments

Ze
  24th of Feb, 2009

Call this person.. she will help

Ellen Plendl
Regulatory Specialist
Florida Public Service Commission
Division of Service, Safety, & Consumer Assistance
1-800-342-3552 (phone)
1-800-511-0809 (fax)

We
  26th of Feb, 2009

I AGREE, PLUS I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT I BEEN TURNNING OFF MY WATER HEATER FOR NO LESS THAN 10 HOURS ADAY AND I HAVEN'T USE MY HOUSE HEATER FOR ITS BROKEN AND BEING UNEMPLOYED I DON'T HAVE THE MEANS TO FIX IT, YET MY BILL IS THE SAME OR HIGHER IT MUST BE ANOTHER TAKE WHAT YOU CAN FORM THE TAX PAYERS LAWS PASS THRU CONGESS.
GOD BE WITH THOSE WHO ARE BEHIND ON THE FPL BILL FOR I KNOW I'II BE IN THE DARK AGE SOON THIS WEEK
I'II PRAY FOR YOU TO STAY IN THE LIGHT, DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME BEING IN THE DARK FOR LORD IS HOLDING MY HAND LIKE ALWAY HE THE ONLY ONE I/WE CAN COUNT ON.

GOD BLESS AND BEST OF LIKE!!!

Ja
  18th of May, 2011

THEY ARE TOTAL JERKS. There links for auto pay and one time pay are right next to each other... I was switching banks so I went in to switch my bank info for autopay.. Well oops I did the other one on accident. Yeah so it bounced and now they want me to pay by cash or money order. WTF! I have wrote them and email about this honest mistake and they can clearly see it in there system. I am sure they will not give a rats A but it is worth a try. I wonder what the response will be IF I get one other than a shut off notice. I did go on the website and try to pay and I am SUSPENDED. THEY ARE THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN! It is a monopoly and we must bow down and take it in the you know what.