FPL / doesn't give a crap that families are broke
I can't express how much I hate fpl.. You would think with gas prices dropping our electric bills would reflect that but noooooo... And then on top of... I don't know about anyone elses situation but my husband was layed off late last year and we are struggling to pay all of our bills. I attempted to make payment arrangements with fpl and I was told I could be i've done so the past 2 months. Just now I had a fpl bill collector come to my house and tell me that if I didn't fork over $554.84 that she was going to shut my power off. I had no choice by to write her a check. I will now have less than $18 in my account to get us through the next week.
I checked their site to find out if they have any programs to set up a payment plan and if you are healthy, you are screwed. You have to be on social security in order for them to even attempt to help you and i'm sure after a few months, they'll shut off their power as well.
If I hear about fpl execs and employees getting bonuses this year, i'm going to pop a bloodvessel in my head. That company is the biggest monopoly aka cash whore monster in the state of florida and somehow they continue to manage to rape all of us and the goverment does nothing to stop them!!!
More FPL Complaints & Reviews
- Fpl (Florida Power & Light) - deposit demand 
- Florida Power And Light Residential Electricity - deposit requirement 
- FPL - security deposit 
- FPL - disconnection 
- FPL - does not accept visa 
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - light
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - on call box
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - deposit and refund
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - street light out (cobrahead) 
- Florida Power & Light [FPL] - surge protection